Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Like the look of that far corner of the home terrace, looks like a clique, Harry’s Bar vibe

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:
    That was an appallingly good save.

He's a bloody good 'keeper

*shot-stopper - he's had a right flap at a couple of corners

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It's not supposed to be applied that literally

Yeah, the meaning of words is overrated.

• We could not win tonight and be in a play off position as early as Saturday evening. It's absurd to describe it as a must win game

• It's a must win game

• Must be annoying to have no metrics to back that up

• What about 'He's got to score!' when a player is through one on one? Is that ok?

• Yeah that's fine

• The is it or is it not a must win game must be up there with the dullest Gasroom debates.

• I do think psychologically for both players and fans winning against Cambridge and the Gills will be important before we welcome Plymouth.

• Get in you beautiful Shrimps!

• It's a must win game for Morecambe tonight. Current winning 2-1

• @Wendoverman said:
    The is it or is it not a must win game must be up there with the dullest Gasroom debates.

Following this by then contributing towards it is your finest satire yet

• @eric_plant said:
    This doesn't strike me as particularly respectful of people whose opinions differ to yours.

• Well that nearly snapped the crossbar in half

• (I don't mean this literally)

• Just out of interest, what does "must win" mean if it doesn't literally mean you must win it?

• That would have been a tap-in. Literally.

• @eric_plant said:

@Wendoverman said:
    The is it or is it not a must win game must be up there with the dullest Gasroom debates.

Following this by then contributing towards it is your finest satire yet

To.be fair I think I may have started it on Saturday but my red face is stinging from your Will Smith style slap @eric_plant ?

• How tf is that wrestling slam not a foul on Mehmeti?

• Forino doesn’t know the strength of his right foot!

• Wow we are playing some lovely football, just need a bit more composure in front of goal

• So much attacking quality in this side now. Vokes, McCleary, Mehmeti, Horgan.....it's a joy to watch

• Really need a second before the break. I can’t believe Cambridge will be this disinterested in the second half.

• @micra said:
    Forino doesn’t know the strength of his right foot!

Chris looks a bit nervy tonight. His passing radar is well off this half.

• Hope you're watching ok @micra.

• Horgan played very well so far. Mehmeti could do with just adding that final ball here

• I want to chop down and burn that woodwork.

• Certainly am, thanks. Beautiful HD picture. Great football. Wonderful.

• I thought Forino was playing well. Horgan, Vokes and Mehmeti looking hungry...Scowen also doing his usual excellent stuff. Why Sunderland fans could not see that I have no idea.