Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Just realized I’m wearing the wrong socks. I should probably go home and change…

• @floyd said:
    Just realized I’m wearing the wrong socks. I should probably go home and change…

At least we all know who to blame when we lose later

• As long as @bluntphil is wearing his green Madi Gras shirt we’ll be fine.

• Due to technical problems in the office I am working from home today which means I will be able to watch the game...never been so happy to part with a tenner as I have this season!

• Guess who unwittingly (before fully awake this morning) agreed to spring booster appointments at 3pm on 9 April.
    Quite a rigmarole sorting it out on phone (119) so decided to stick with it. Should at least get a fiver’s worth of (no doubt) tense viewing.

• Looking forward to tonight’s game. I think!

• Red and white quarters tonight. They will be no pushovers so a win at all costs will do, but would be nice to go and get 3 or 4 and play some fancy football.

I suspect they will put up more of a fight than they did a few weeks back.

• Forino and Tafazolli is interesting

• Stewart has a knock

• Anyone getting live transmission?

• Looking forward to this.
    Some gasroom pedants will scream down anyone who uses language like "must win" but we really do need to bank one here don't we.

• @micra said:
    Anyone getting live transmission?

At 6.55 for a 7.45 game? Probably not pal!!

• LX1LX1
    edited April 2022

edit just repeated a post

• @Malone said:
    Looking forward to this.
    Some gasroom pedants will scream down anyone who uses language like "must win" but we really do need to bank one here don't we.

At the risk of being pedantic, I’d rather save the expression for games we must win.

• It's not supposed to be applied that literally

• @floyd said:
    Just realized I’m wearing the wrong socks. I should probably go home and change…

I’ve changed my socks.

COME ON WYCOMBE!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    It's not supposed to be applied that literally

A win here would be huge with Sunderland and Sheff Wed not playing. They don't make up their missing game until the midweek of the last week of the season, so if we can be in the playoffs this evening it'll be a decent psychological factor hopefully

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:
    Looking forward to this.

At the risk of being pedantic, I’d rather save the expression for games we must win.

Can't we just agree a win would be the best outcome for us, then we don't have to have this debate every time?

• Hope Morecambe are in top form tonight and upset our dear Oxford pals.

• edited April 2022

@Twizz said:

@Chris said:

@Malone said:
    Looking forward to this.

Can't we just agree a win would be the best outcome for us, then we don't have to have this debate every time?

Must we have the debate, though?

• I always think a win is the best thing for us. It usually is.

• Surprised JJ keeps his place over JO.

• Such a calm finish. What a player!

• What an initial strike by Anis!

• That was an appallingly good save.

• Lovely start

• Absolutely all over them

• Called that one wrong @perfidious_albion ! I must get off your back. Sorry.

• @floyd said:
    That was an appallingly good save.

He's a bloody good 'keeper