Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• @thecatwwfc said:
    I quite like Danny Hylton tonight. Posh are pathetic.

Come on Morecambe!

I would prefer Peterborough to win than that racist score.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Fantastic all round atm. Wing and Scowen running the middle, front 4 all imperious. If McCleary sweeps that across, and Mehmeti gets it away earlier, it could be 5 or 6

This sort of post always made us conceding inevitable :D

• Come on @thecatwwfc I think you quite like being negative. Enjoy a win or start a hypothetical debate?

• McLeary scores away! Has that happened yet?

• 4-1!

Saw it come up on the phone before the screen, but what a goal! Tops a great night.

• He's gotta pass there McCleary , Surely :smile:

• He is a Rolls-Royce of a footballer

• Got himself an away league goal for first time in yonks too!

• Look at the string of fans leaving. They should be savouring the best display of footy they've seen for years!

• @Malone said:
    Got himself an away league goal for first time in yonks too!

Almost 15 years I think it was

• Fantastic shot from GMac, real class

• How the hell do you pick a man of the match from this?

• Ahhh should have been 5-1!

• What a display. We could legitimately have had 9-10 goals.

• @drcongo said:
    How the hell do you pick a man of the match from this?

Might have to create another ten accounts to give everyone a vote

I suspect Mehmeti will win it, but I think Wing has been sensational tonight

• Great display tonight. Well worth a tenner.

• edited April 2022

We’ve had amazing halves or spells in other games, but this is the best I’ve seen us play across a match this season.

• I've missed every goal ??‍♂️

• Thanks Morecambe. Someone finally does us a favour!

• Superb display, loads of goals that didn't even flatter us numbers wise, and Oxford lose.

Marvellous.
    Funny how quickly the outlook changes, Oxford looked well clear a few games back.

• And Oxford are losing to Morecambe bring me sunshine in your smile bring me laughter all the while.

• Still in it.

• Well I never felt more like a singing the blues,
    When Wycombe win, and Oxford lose,
    Oh Wycombe, you got me singing the blues

• Performance of the season, and probably a top five performance under Ainsworth. Brilliant.

• Fantastic performance. Very hard to find any fault whatsoever with that. Excellent right across the park. 4-1 makes it look closer than it actually was. We absolutely hammered them.

• Cost me £20 owing to a weird muddle on my part. Payment acknowledged but access denied, then ‘card declined’ message. Determined to watch so went PayPal.
    Will try to get refund but, to be honest, that was worth 20!

• @micra said:
    Cost me £20 owing to a weird muddle on my part. Payment acknowledged but access denied, then ‘card declined’ message. Determined to watch so went PayPal.

You have to do that every match now I’m afraid.

• Huge opportunity on Saturday now. With Sunderland playing Oxford there is a great chance to open up a small gap over one or both of them.

• Just fallen in,kerplonk @drcongo . Can’t I just keep the same underpants on for the rest of the season and hope there won’t be too many squeaky bum finishes?

• @micra said:
    Cost me £20 owing to a weird muddle on my part. Payment acknowledged but access denied, then ‘card declined’ message. Determined to watch so went PayPal.

Don't forget my £10 consultancy fee for the tips on the Vipienne thread ;)