Skip to content

January transfer window

1101112131416»

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's off...

I don’t. But I would also not begrudge him the move if he was. He’s obviously still got the talent.

• Can you imagine the meltdown if not only did we not sign anyone but players no-one wanted in the window but that Ainsworth also let our best player go before the end of the season?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Can you imagine the meltdown if not only did we not sign anyone but players no-one wanted in the window but that Ainsworth also let our best player go before the end of the season?

I think I'm conditioned to that happening tbh. I've only expected players out and then in a few weeks time GA picking up released players for nothing.

• Can’t see GMac leaving.

• Does anyone here genuinely think GMac - a consummate professional - is announcing his departure himself by asking for rental agencies on Twitter? Give your head a wobble if so.

• @Brownie said:
    Does anyone here genuinely think GMac - a consummate professional - is announcing his departure himself by asking for rental agencies on Twitter? Give your head a wobble if so.

You'd be surprised

• Fellow loanee? Announcement said that Wing was permanent

• He is, that's a mistake

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    He is, that's a mistake

They've deleted it now

• Amused to see Wayne Rooney whining about players being sold. Still struggling with the whole 60million debt concept

• As Gmac was at Forest years ago...I assumed he was getting rid of or renting out his house. Never crossed my mind it meant he was moving back...

• Though they mention money troubles...no article seems to mention the tax dodging...it's as if the naughty money ogre took all their cash when no-one was looking and through their floods of tears no-one can work out why they are where they are.

• GMac has had roots set up in the Ascot area for years. I imagine he's either thinking of family, or he owns property there. He's also so ripped he'll probably carry on playing to near his 40s.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    GMac has had roots set up in the Ascot area for years. I imagine he's either thinking of family, or he owns property there. He's also so ripped he'll probably carry on playing to near his 40s.

That's that then. I guess we can stop horsing around now.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@prufrock_91 said:
    GMac has had roots set up in the Ascot area for years. I imagine he's either thinking of family, or he owns property there. He's also so ripped he'll probably carry on playing to near his 40s.

That's that then. I guess we can stop horsing around now.

@ReturnToSenda is the first out of the gate with the puns.

• He's here til the end of the season and that's the mane thing.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Amused to see Wayne Rooney whining about players being sold. Still struggling with the whole 60million debt concept

Fans also seem to think there’s a new administration rule that Wayne must be consulted before any funds are raised to service the debt.

• Thank goodness he's not bolting from the stable.

• God forbid they should rein in their spending.

• Let's hope the Wanderers he is at next season, is not the Trotters !!

• @arnos_grove said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Amused to see Wayne Rooney whining about players being sold. Still struggling with the whole 60million debt concept

Fans also seem to think there’s a new administration rule that Wayne must be consulted before any funds are raised to service the debt.

He carries on to say that he doesn’t know where the money is going and it hasn’t been made available for strengthening the squad. There’s a thread somewhere I’m sure where Derby fans will be discussing if Diego Costa could fit into their current formation.

• That's it, I've got it. G'Mac is off to DCFC on a free. There, you heard it from me 1st.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    That's it, I've got it. G'Mac is off to DCFC on a free. There, you heard it from me 1st.

If I played for Derby I probably wouldn’t buy a house in Nottingham???

• @perfidious_albion said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    That's it, I've got it. G'Mac is off to DCFC on a free. There, you heard it from me 1st.

If I played for Derby I probably wouldn’t buy a house in Nottingham???

Or at least get shot of it sharpish...

• Rooney: 'Wycombe are standing in the way of us signing one of their best players by demanding money for the deal from Derby County. They know what state we are in. It's time they got sensible...'

• @Last_Quarter said:

Anyone fancy voting for Lewis Wing to win Sheffield Weds POTM for January?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/vote-for-your-january-player-of-the-month/

boo hiss, it's a fix, Wing shoulda wung won it, etc.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/massimo-luongo-wins-owls-player-of-the-month/