Skip to content

January transfer window

Comments

• @micra said:
    Does no-one share my opinion that Chris Forino is already pushing for a place? Only seen him once but he looked pretty impressive all over the pitch.

I wouldn't say pushing but certainly has looked he can come in when needed.

• If he didn’t tackle so frequently and ferociously, he probably would be playing now. There’s the irony.

• Max has extended his stay at Hungerford until the end of the season.

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Sunderland fans thought Scowen could not tackle or pass.?

He's doing neither at the moment!

That’s what I was replying to. Nothing to do with Forino pushing! A lot to be said for pushing. Just as many yellows but fewer injuries.

• edited February 2022

Two signings to ally fears that we will not strengthen and thus plummet down the League? Obviously in the nick of time, Rob C sent the management another open letter.

• how did Mansfeild managed to get Longstaff on loan ? wow that is a hell of a signing

• @Wanderers82 said:
    how did Mansfeild managed to get Longstaff on loan ? wow that is a hell of a signing

Couldn't get a game for Aberdeen in a pub league....

• If we don't get promoted this season, you'd have to say that this window was a missed opportunity to strengthen when we were really on top, financially and league position wise. However, get promoted, and it's another Gaz and Dobbo masterstroke.

• edited February 2022

@Username said:

@Wanderers82 said:
    how did Mansfeild managed to get Longstaff on loan ? wow that is a hell of a signing

Couldn't get a game for Aberdeen in a pub league....

Yes, but this is a guy with 15 appearances in the premier league.
    How has he had to go down to league 2 for a loan, when his mate, whom I probably don't even need to check if he's played in the premier league, has come to us?> @Bacon_Sandwich said:

If we don't get promoted this season, you'd have to say that this window was a missed opportunity to strengthen when we were really on top, financially and league position wise. However, get promoted, and it's another Gaz and Dobbo masterstroke.

While the second part of your post suggests it is a little tongue in cheek, the first part is a sentiment I don't get.

Like there's this very clear obvious player/players that are available that would guarantee promotion?
    Football doesn't really work like that unless you have incredible financial power over your rivals, ie. Chelsea mid 2000s, Man City now type money doping power.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    If we don't get promoted this season, you'd have to say that this window was a missed opportunity to strengthen when we were really on top, financially and league position wise. However, get promoted, and it's another Gaz and Dobbo masterstroke.

er...yep. Bad outcome is bad, whereas Good outcome is good. It's the way of the world, sadly.

• @Malone said:

Like there's this very clear obvious player/players that are available that would guarantee promotion?
    Football doesn't really work like that unless you have incredible financial power over your rivals, ie. Chelsea mid 2000s, Man City now type money doping power.

Just ask Derby County!

• For us the bad outcome will be that perhaps we have to enter next season without quite as much wind in our sails, but we will still be viable and we will still have a decent squad. Many of our peers have gone pretty large and since they can't all get promoted I wonder if those who remain will be able to go large again and again. Also, when Mr Couhig wins his argument over the next few weeks, we may stand to finally be remunerated to some extent when the situation in the Midlands is finally resolved. Anyway, looking forward to the next few months on the field, hopefully that can now provide the major talking points.

• Close to the City Ground but Gareth was asking too much...and I needed a pool.

• Raith Rovers have made a brave/mad transfer decision depending on your views...not sure that's going to end very well for anyone.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Raith Rovers have made a brave/mad transfer decision depending on your views...not sure that's going to end very well for anyone.

What a mess. He’s been playing for Clyde for 5 seasons. And now we have a massive pile on with even Nicola Sturgeon getting involved.
    Not sure how I would feel if he signed for us. Not good I reckon.

• edited February 2022

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Raith Rovers have made a brave/mad transfer decision depending on your views...not sure that's going to end very well for anyone.

What a mess. He’s been playing for Clyde for 5 seasons. And now we have a massive pile on with even Nicola Sturgeon getting involved.
    Not sure how I would feel if he signed for us. Not good I reckon.

I did wonder about the Clyde part, and what sort of reaction there had been there, as it seems odd the whole world has gone mad now, but not for those last 3 or 4 years.

I found one link from an MP saying it shouldn't happen, and he's stopped watching Clyde, but nothing like this huge backlash.

But then it's a strange case all over. No criminal conviction as it wasn't deemed enough evidence to go to court, but the unusual scenario of being declared guilty and fined 100k or so by a civil case!

• The burden of proof in a civil case being one of the balance of probability rather than the criminal court insisting on things being beyond reasonable doubt - a distinction which will do no favours to Derby if/when they ever defend their case.

• I'm confused. I presume this is "banter" ??

• edited February 2022

@thecatwwfc said:

I'm confused. I presume this is "banter" ??

Not banter - more noticing Gmac was seemingly looking for housing options in Nottingham and then making a reference to forest with the Ureds hashtag and the tree.

The rational part of my brain says we're out of the transfer window and he has some links still there from when he was at Forrest. The otherside is worried we're about to lose our best player for the season so far.

• Or he still lives that way and is upping sticks cause he's about to sign a new contract and can't get enough of those Marlow bistros

• I think everyone is reading a bit too much into this.

Perhaps he just owns a Buy To Let property which has been tenanted for some time, and now the tenants are leaving he is looking for a local agent to market the property .

• He surely doesn't still live there, having been with Reading for yonks in between, but he could easily simply own somewhere there.

On his reporter previous wages he probably has a decent portfolio!!

• I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's off...

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Or he still lives that way and is upping sticks cause he's about to sign a new contract and can't get enough of those Marlow bistros

Oh yeah, as I said my rational brain thinks there’s nothing in it. Hence the 2+ 2 = message. As in I could be coming up with 5.

Would be surprised that as he was at reading for so long that it’s only just now he’s discovered Marlowe eateries. That’s more illogical than my fearing he’s on the move

• Yeah, it was too late for my brain to be doing logic!