Skip to content

January transfer window

Comments

• usually there is a tweet from the club to say no more news for the night...we have not had that have we ?

• Very disappointing that we have not brought in any recruits. Probably suggests that we are happy to play the long game and remain in League one next season if injuries hit our relatively small senior squad.

• club don't seem bothered about keeping fans updated , but are happy to charge £28 for a ticket to a match or a tenner for a burger....works both ways , very disappointed how the club treat fans , just want us to spend.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    club don't seem bothered about keeping fans updated , but are happy to charge £28 for a ticket to a match or a tenner for a burger....works both ways , very disappointed how the club treat fans , just want us to spend.

Literally updated us this morning ?

• You can get into Adams Park for a lot less than £28, but if what you want from a football club is that they justify their entry prices by spending, there is a lot of choice out there. Personally, I am disappointed that we have not been able to strengthen this January where all of our rivals have, but I trust that efforts have been made within our own constraints - I am lest trusting that the same can be said of our rivals, we may well find out in 2025.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    club don't seem bothered about keeping fans updated , but are happy to charge £28 for a ticket to a match or a tenner for a burger....works both ways , very disappointed how the club treat fans , just want us to spend.

Here you go: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2022/january/rob-i-was-tremendously-proud-of-bayo/

• We're not...are we?

• Interesting seeing a few players negotiating their release from clubs, presumably to give them a bit of time to find new clubs. Possibly clutching at straws a bit but you never know.

• Ikpeazu joins Cardiff on loan for the rest of the season. (Apologies if already posted elsewhere)

• If this isn't a cryptic tweet for a signing then I think Pete will be very unpopular on Twitter tonight.

• To be fair, I’m reading Pete’s tweet as a strong hint that signings will be made in the summer.

• And is @Wanderers82 on the verge of abandoning the club (again)?

• @Brownie said:

If this isn't a cryptic tweet for a signing then I think Pete will be very unpopular on Twitter tonight.

he may just be trolling whoever was complaining on here about Guns ‘n’ Roses being played before games…who knows…

• I take everything back ....in GA we trust lol

• Wanderers have made a late swoop into the transfer market to bring Middlesbrough midfielder Lewis Wing to Adams Park, with just minutes of the window remaining.

The 26-year-old has 100 Championship appearances to his name, having developed through the non-league scene with Shildon before leaving for Middlesbrough in 2017, and enjoyed two spells with Rotherham United either side of a loan deal at Yeovil Town.

He spent the first half of this season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, playing 24 times in total, before making the switch to South Bucks on a deal initially until the end of the season.

Wing has developed a reputation for scoring spectacular efforts from distance, with 24 goals to his name in total in 172 appearances across all senior competitions.

Boss Gareth Ainsworth said: "He's a player I’ve admired for a long time. He’s got real Championship pedigree and once he became available late in the window, I knew I wanted to bring him to the club.

"We always remain patient to bring in the right players for the right deal and we believe this is a real coup for us. He’s a special talent who gives us a big goal threat from midfield and I’m looking forward to seeing him in action."

• Looks like a great signing. Some of you have been mugged right off.

• @niebieski said:
    Wanderers have made a late swoop into the transfer market to bring Middlesbrough midfielder Lewis Wing to Adams Park, with just minutes of the window remaining.

The 26-year-old has 100 Championship appearances to his name, having developed through the non-league scene with Shildon before leaving for Middlesbrough in 2017, and enjoyed two spells with Rotherham United either side of a loan deal at Yeovil Town.

He spent the first half of this season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, playing 24 times in total, before making the switch to South Bucks on a deal initially until the end of the season.

Wing has developed a reputation for scoring spectacular efforts from distance, with 24 goals to his name in total in 172 appearances across all senior competitions.

Boss Gareth Ainsworth said: "He's a player I’ve admired for a long time. He’s got real Championship pedigree and once he became available late in the window, I knew I wanted to bring him to the club.

"We always remain patient to bring in the right players for the right deal and we believe this is a real coup for us. He’s a special talent who gives us a big goal threat from midfield and I’m looking forward to seeing him in action."

really ? one area I thought we did. not need to strengthen

• To everyone who said we weren’t going to sign anyone or we didn’t need to… hahaha.

• edited January 2022

I think you're my favourite gasroomer of all time @Wanderers82

• @Wanderers82 said:

@niebieski said:
    Wanderers have made a late swoop into the transfer market to bring Middlesbrough midfielder Lewis Wing to Adams Park, with just minutes of the window remaining.

really ? one area I thought we did. not need to strengthen

Midfield?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    I take everything back ....in GA we trust lol

Anyone who doesn't is frankly a bit of an idiot. Not aimed specifically at you btw there's a lot of it about.

• Fantastic news! Goal scoring midfielder to booster the ranks.
    Is that it or do you think we’ve got another one lined up?

• I had a feeling something was going on

• Quite excited by this: (mute your speakers!)

• decent player but plays in the same role as Kaikai, Hiorgan , Hanlan , Anis , GMac ? us he not an attacking midfielder?

• So many wet beds tonight for no reason. As they say, don’t leave (for bed) early.