Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool (FA Cup)

Comments

• Has anyone any idea of the replay date or when the draw for round 2 is??

• @MBS said:
    Has anyone any idea of the replay date or when the draw for round 2 is??

The draw is Monday evening during the Salford Dagenham broadcast, I think the replay is November 16th.

• @MBS said:

Replays are usually 10 days on aren't they? So 2 Tuesdays time looks odds on.

The draw is on Monday

• @MBS said:

Draw is Monday night before Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford. Replay will presumably be Tue 16th?

• That's madness when you think of the Pulis Stoke team! With the long balls, dirty tactics, ball drying time wasting etc.

To think clubs rate us over even Stoke!

• Well well what we saying ………..

• Been out so just caught up. What's the point of having a squad if you don't want to rotate? Players got minutes...another goal scorer and we are still in the hat. Job done.

• Anyone know if there’s a highlights show on tonight? FA Cup R1 is one of my favourite days on the footballing calendar.

• @Gary said:
    Anyone know if there’s a highlights show on tonight? FA Cup R1 is one of my favourite days on the footballing calendar.

Not tonight (on BBC 2 tomorrow) but highlights usually go up with the match reports on the BBC website on the day.

• Quite a lot are up already, so worth checking later for ours!

• edited November 2021

7.15 tomorrow evening on BBC2

Now they have a chunk of ties on a Sunday, makes sense to have the highlights then.

• @Malone said:
    That's madness when you think of the Pulis Stoke team! With the long balls, dirty tactics, ball drying time wasting etc.

To think clubs rate us over even Stoke!

And in their local paper ? This guy does have form, tbf. https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/hatters-undone-by-stoke-city-once-more-as-they-fall-to-narrow-defeat-at-kenilworth-road-3448079

• Thanks for sharing and allowing me to see this fantastic review of Kenilworth Road.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Gary said:
    Anyone know if there’s a highlights show on tonight? FA Cup R1 is one of my favourite days on the footballing calendar.

Not tonight (on BBC 2 tomorrow) but highlights usually go up with the match reports on the BBC website on the day.

@PrinceOfCrowell said:
    7.15 tomorrow evening on BBC2

Now they have a chunk of ties on a Sunday, makes sense to have the highlights then.

Thanks. I look forward to watching them - some fantastic score lines today across the country including 11 goals at Halifax.

• Norwich or 'Boro for Gareth?

• edited November 2021

Norwich or 'Boro for Gareth?

Seems a bit strange from Norwich, been struggling, then as soon as they win they sack him !?

• edited November 2021

The decision will have already been made - first win in 21 in the PL. But a new manager won't keep them up - the gap between the two divisions is still ridiculous and is becoming ever more so.

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Does anyone know where Akinfenwa was?

Hopefully we’ve not had a transfer bid for him

• If I’ve got it correct then last 3 times we have been in the 1st round JJ has scored, can’t have happened before I wouldn’t have thought

• Poor first half. Better 2nd. Forino looks decent, a little raw but hopefully with some coaching he can develop.

Atmosphere was non existent. Today and fleetwood away was poor, not campaigning for the drummer to comeback but it makes a difference.

Anyway still in the draw and I'll take that. Worth the trip and a good day out.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Poor first half. Better 2nd. Forino looks decent, a little raw but hopefully with some coaching he can develop.

Atmosphere was non existent. Today and fleetwood away was poor, not campaigning for the drummer to comeback but it makes a difference.

Bro it’s piss take what they have done mate they just don’t let me get on with it at all don’t like it move away from me do you think I gonna care if someone moved no it’s football match obs it gonna be loud and loud is what we need louder the better I am completely pissed off mate but I seeing what happens over next few weeks with out me being there coz it get harder ???

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Poor first half. Better 2nd. Forino looks decent, a little raw but hopefully with some coaching he can develop.

Another thing glad you had good day mate ?

• @uptheblues said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

Bro it’s piss take what they have done mate they just don’t let me get on with it at all don’t like it move away from me do you think I gonna care if someone moved no it’s football match obs it gonna be loud and loud is what we need louder the better I am completely pissed off mate but I seeing what happens over next few weeks with out me being there coz it get harder ???

I honestly think that having a drum on the terrace can help to lift the crowd and the team when things are not going so well. Luckily, we haven't really needed this because the team have mostly been winning.

During your self-imposed incarceration, could you please try and gain an insight into when to hit the drum and when not to hit the drum? The way forward, if your drum is ever allowed back, is to read the crowd around you and support the singing rather than trying to lead the singing when the feeling really is not there. You have surely been to enough matches by now to be able to understand how this works.

I admire and respect your passion but if your drum gets allowed back and you in insist on hitting the thing constantly for 90 minutes no matter what, I'm sure that will very quickly result in a permanent musical instrument ban.

• @Rolo said:

@uptheblues said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

I honestly think that having a drum on the terrace can help to lift the crowd and the team when things are not going so well. Luckily, we haven't really needed this because the team have mostly been winning.

During your self-imposed incarceration, could you please try and gain an insight into when to hit the drum and when not to hit the drum? The way forward, if your drum is ever allowed back, is to read the crowd around you and support the singing rather than trying to lead the singing when the feeling really is not there. You have surely been to enough matches by now to be able to understand how this works.

I admire and respect your passion but if your drum gets allowed back and you in insist on hitting the thing constantly for 90 minutes no matter what, I'm sure that will very quickly result in a permanent musical instrument ban.

Having a drum on the terrace helps. Having @uptheblues using it doesn't.

• I think we got quite lucky with that pen

• @uptheblues said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:

I hate to burst your bubble, or pierce your drum skin, but never in the history of any sport ever, has any competitor or team said “you know what, our success has nothing to do with the years of training, games played and gym work - it’s all down to the rhythmless wonder twatting his drum”.

Wycombe has survived for over a century without a drum being used. it will survive after the drums been banned.

Either get on board and support the team you claim to love, or do one.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I think we got quite lucky with that pen

I thought that on first view so needed to watch it over and over. Look at where the keepers hands are. Chest height at best.

Farino I think knew he was stretching to head on target to goal - their goalkeeper knew his best bet was putting him off and forgetting about the ball.

Think the ref got it right myself. But I have seen them not given plenty of times.

• That second Pools goal was very nice.