Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool (FA Cup)

1789101113»

Comments

• @Shev said:
    Boreham Wood v St. Albans for a Herts derby.

Is there any kind of hostility between those two?

• @Shev said:

I hope the winner gets a massive third round tie.

• Lincoln is a decent weekend away and winnable IF we get past Hartlepool with Bodger in goal.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Lincoln is a decent weekend away and winnable IF we get past Hartlepool with Bodger in goal.

Do we know if Bodger's even fit? Since the club covered up his mysterious absence and all that...

• @ReturnToSenda Danny Senda wore 29 his first couple of seasons as a pro.

• @floyd said:
    @ReturnToSenda Danny Senda wore 29 his first couple of seasons as a pro.

As I've heard! Disgraceful oversight on my part.

• Same division team away..ho hum.

Still, let's get past the replay first eh.

• The ‘magic of the FA Cup’ brigade (paid up member) vs Karma

Karma romps to victory…

• @bookertease said:
    The ‘magic of the FA Cup’ brigade (paid up member) vs Karma

Karma romps to victory…

Haha, that’s exactly right.

• We’ve certainly done our share of away day mileage already this season! Pretty cack draw again, if we get through of course.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

Is there any kind of hostility between those two?

I don't know too much about it, but they are only 6-7 miles apart and were both in Conference South together for quite a while, so I would expect a bit of an edge.

• You know, if you look closely at the FA Cup it's like seeing a grossly distorted view of yourself!??

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    You know, if you look closely at the FA Cup it's like seeing a grossly distorted view of yourself!??

Post lockdown....it is what it is

• edited November 2021

It's weird to think that Wycombe has done well enough in the cups in recent years to not only draw Tottenham twice and Man City once, but take the lead in all three matches...only to lose by an aggregate of 14-5!!!

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Lincoln is a decent weekend away and winnable IF we get past Hartlepool with Bodger in goal.

Yeah nice place for weekend away but pretty sure that weekend it's lincoln Xmas Market..hotels are either sold out or price is sky high. Traffic won't be nice either going up.

• Hells teeth, my wife & daughter are going up for the Lincoln Xmas Market, a girls weekend away with the Northern female branch of the family. I totally scoffed at the idea, anyone know of an "Italian style gearbox", (6 reverse gears & 1 forward), that I can get back on board with?

• Surely, @EwanHoosaami, they'd be very grateful for a lift up on the Saturday morning. They might even give pay you beer and petrol money.
    Assuming we beat Hartlepool.

• @Twizz said:
    Surely, @EwanHoosaami, they'd be very grateful for a lift up on the Saturday morning. They might even give pay you beer and petrol money.

Not enough seats in the car now ?. Might have to sneak out in the other car and speed up a different route? ?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Twizz said:
    Surely, @EwanHoosaami, they'd be very grateful for a lift up on the Saturday morning. They might even give pay you beer and petrol money.

Not enough seats in the car now ?. Might have to sneak out in the other car and speed up a different route? ?

Wife and daughter going. When did you add a BMW Isetta (bubble car) to your collection @EwanHoosaami ?

• @micra said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Twizz said:

Wife and daughter going. When did you add a BMW Isetta (bubble car) to your collection @EwanHoosaami ?

Wife, Daughter & Mother-in-law going up in 1 car & staying the weekend in a hotel outside Lincoln taking advantage of Park & Ride. Son & I going up & back on the same day. We can be home to scratch 'nads & stamp digestive biscuits into the carpet in peace! Well, until we rush round with the hoover before they get back?

• Rather remiss of you @EwanHoosaami not to have mentioned someone who, for all I know, may take up at least one seat!

Innocent abroad as I am, it took me a few seconds to realise that ‘nads are not some obscure lottery ticket.

Happy scratching. Worthy of a whole new thread. Spitting, ‘nad scratching. Where will it all end ?

• Reasonably relevant to this thread. The Bucks Free Press this morning has the wonderful back page, big and bold headline - “Notable absentees after (sic) Hartlepool tie”. The article itself, below a massive picture of what I assume is Empire Way, tells us that the two sides will meet again in 10 days time (sic) at Adams Park.
    It quotes GA as saying “Tafazolli and Stewart are injured and Anthony Stewart needed to stay with his family as he has got a baby due this weekend. If we had been an hour away, I probably would have said ‘come and play and we’ll get you off’, but five hours away, I wouldn’t have forgiven myself if he had missed the birth”.

Still quoting (misquoting) GA, there are three paragraphs about an unnamed player (we cognoscenti know it was Forino) “....who has only played 90 minutes in their football career.......had given up a university place and worked with our development physio for six months and today has been awesome for him.” The casual reader might perhaps be interested at least to know the name of this promising new kid on the block with a mere 90 minutes playing experience !

• @micra said:
    Reasonably relevant to this thread. The Bucks Free Press this morning has the wonderful back page, big and bold headline - “Notable absentees after (sic) Hartlepool tie”. The article itself, below a massive picture of what I assume is Empire Way, tells us that the two sides will meet again in 10 days time (sic) at Adams Park.
    It quotes GA as saying “Tafazolli and Stewart are injured and Anthony Stewart needed to stay with his family as he has got a baby due this weekend. If we had been an hour away, I probably would have said ‘come and play and we’ll get you off’, but five hours away, I wouldn’t have forgiven myself if he had missed the birth”.

Still quoting (misquoting) GA, there are three paragraphs about an unnamed player (we cognoscenti know it was Forino) “....who has only played 90 minutes in their football career.......had given up a university place and worked with our development physio for six months and today has been awesome for him.” The casual reader might perhaps be interested at least to know the name of this promising new kid on the block with a mere 90 minutes playing experience !

The BFP really is a rag. They've got the date of the replay wrong, for starters.

• As I'm off work I've bitten the bullet. bought a ticket for the replay and will be attending to see yet another disgraceful, disrespectful, shameful episode in our history. I hope the management will not be lying about anything in the run up either.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:
    Reasonably relevant to this thread. The Bucks Free Press this morning has the wonderful back page, big and bold headline - “Notable absentees after (sic) Hartlepool tie”. The article itself, below a massive picture of what I assume is Empire Way, tells us that the two sides will meet again in 10 days time (sic) at Adams Park.

The BFP really is a rag. They've got the date of the replay wrong, for starters.

The BFP online stories were even worse when I bothered to read them. A guy called Robert Folker would make 4 or 5 errors in even the smallest piece.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@micra said:

The BFP online stories were even worse when I bothered to read them. A guy called Robert Folker would make 4 or 5 errors in even the smallest piece.

I sympathise to an extent because I don't think they have any sub-editors - which just isn't acceptable in a proper media organisation - but yeah ... they don't seem to have very high standards. The owners (Newsquest) have made quite a lot of cuts, but I can't imagine all their papers are this poor - the Watford Observer isn't from what I've seen.