Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool (FA Cup)

Comments

• Where's Grimmer? Have I missed something?

• There does not look like a lot of goals in that lineup, but hope to be proven wrong!

• We don’t want a replay.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Where's Grimmer? Have I missed something?

Carrying a knock the same as Taf.

• Replays are awful, just win

• Congratulations to Anthony Stewart! (In advance)

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Replays are awful, just win

I take it you weren’t at Selhurst Park that night.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Ah yes, because that kind of drama isn't possible in an original tie (no, I was six years old).

• Understandable perhaps to want to rotate after Tuesday and prioritize league, not sure I'd be too happy if I'd made that long journey. Still it's an opportunity for some. Go get it.

• Time to shine for some. Excited to see some of the development players get a chance.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Lloyd2084 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Ah yes, because that kind of drama isn't possible in an original tie (no, I was six years old).

No, that kind of drama isn’t possible in an original tie.

• They'll be gone within a few years whether people like it or not anyway

• No keeper on the Bench !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    No keeper on the Bench !!

McCarthy's played in goal before, we're fine!

• Personally I'd be very sad to see the end of FA Cup replays. Seen some classics over the years with Wycombe.

Would be quite happy to see us get a replay today myself. Would prefer to win obviously! Perhaps I'm of an age where the Cup still means everything to me. Would be way more disappointed if we lose today, than I was on Tuesday.

• I don't understand how a potentially (although probably not) costly defeat in our bid for promotion could be more disappointing than going out of a competition that's a lottery in terms of who you play and which we're in every season anyway. But maybe that's also an age thing!

• Sorry, maybe should have sprinkled a few commas in there!

• Here we go here we go here we go ?????

• I wonder if Gareth was a bit concerned pairing Burley with JJ at centre-half given both are under six foot.

• SofaScore has Kaikai at RCB. I mean, you never know...

• All I can here is Hartlepool fans

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I don't understand how a potentially (although probably not) costly defeat in our bid for promotion could be more disappointing than going out of a competition that's a lottery in terms of who you play and which we're in every season anyway. But maybe that's also an age thing!

It does appear to be.

Seems to be that GA agrees with you though. It’s not a team that shouts out we want to win. A draw and replay would be a bonus.

And you really don’t get it if you can’t see the added drama from replays. It can seem so, so much more

• 1st round of the FA Cup is one of my favourite days of the season. COYB

• @ReturnToSenda I think it is an age thing to be fair! For me, there's 46 league games. Lose 1 and there's always next week. Lose in the Cup and that's it for the season. Win and there's a chance for glory that league football just can't replicate.

A clubs history is dominated by their Cup exploits much more than the regular ups and downs in the league.

• @uptheblues said:
    All I can here is Hartlepool fans

Good luck to Portsmouth today!

• @Mandown said:
    1st round of the FA Cup is one of my favourite days of the season. COYB

Whatever the league situation, the FA cup is always a brilliant competition.
    Get through those first 2 rounds, and that 3rd round draw is always a highlight, even if you draw Barrow away.
    It's that potential that you could get a huge tie at a giant.

We've had our City day out, but another one in the FA cup would be brilliant, maybe a few rounds further in after a little run :)

• Well Mansfield are 1-0 up at Sunderland, which is quite funny.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I don't understand how a potentially (although probably not) costly defeat in our bid for promotion could be more disappointing than going out of a competition that's a lottery in terms of who you play and which we're in every season anyway. But maybe that's also an age thing!

I have to say your whole attitude towards the FA Cup is dreadful.

Wimbledon away at selhurst Park is probably my best Wycombe memory ever