Other Football

Comments

• Mark Hughes takes over at Bradford

• @drcongo said:
    Only been on the pitch 9 minutes.

high level appointment

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Mark Hughes takes over at Bradford

The football world gets madder by the day.

• Peterborough appoint exactly who every man and his dog saw them appointing

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    If anyone wants a game to watch right now, stick Benfica v Ajax on - chaos in the best possible way (and this is another bloody good Ajax team which won't be around for long)

Same tonight but Rangers - Dortmund. MADNESS.

• Great signing for Luton. I actually think they’ll make the playoffs.

• Poland rightly refusing to travel to Russia for their World Cup play-off game next month - but why the fuck are Russia still in FIFA or UEFA?

• China, UAE and Russia abstain from vote condemning invasion. Luckily for them every sporting body and most politicians are in one or the other's pocket. I know it is a soft sanction but cultural and sporting sanctions are the most prominent ways to embarrass these despots. No sportsman/entertainer wants to go back to only playing Belarus and China.

• @Wendoverman said:
    China, UAE and Russia abstain from vote condemning invasion. Luckily for them every sporting body and most politicians are in one or the other's pocket. I know it is a soft sanction but cultural and sporting sanctions are the most prominent ways to embarrass these despots. No sportsman/entertainer wants to go back to only playing Belarus and China.

And India I read

• India won't do anything as they rely so heavily on fertiliser supply from Russia

• Cambridge 1-0 up at Poxford

• Oxford 1 Cambridge 1.

• Wigan 0 Sunderland 2.

• Colchester only safe on goal difference if scores remain this way. Mind you, they are playing Oldham, so an equalizer would shift that by 3 points.

• I thought there was a ‘loan watch’ thread but I can’t find it.

• There is, but @drcongo was having trouble getting it to stay up

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    There is, but @drcongo was having trouble getting it to stay up

I’m not that old.

• @Shev said:
    Colchester only safe on goal difference if scores remain this way. Mind you, they are playing Oldham, so an equalizer would shift that by 3 points.

If Oldham and Carlisle win their games in hand ColU are in big trouble. Delightful.

• The assistant is having a blinder in the Carabao Cup final, might get MOTM

• Players are too bloody good at pens now

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Players are too bloody good at pens now

Wasn’t the case at the Euro’s

• The standard of penalties taken in shoot outs now is generally so high it makes them a bit boring

I reckon sudden death from the start, plus you pick your opponents' penalty takers, not your own

• @eric_plant said:
    I reckon sudden death from the start, plus you pick your opponents' penalty takers, not your own

This is genius.

• How about a crossbar challenge? That is much more difficult.

• Uche scores late goal for Cardiff against Derby.

• "Derby County's Championship relegation worries deepened as they were beaten by a late Uche Ikpeazu goal at Cardiff City". Oh, how good does that read.. ?

• Good work Agent Ikpeazu

• It feels odd having fa cup fixtures (not replays) midweek, but some super ties and an exciting finish to the competition this year awaits.

• Some crazy and interesting figures doing the rounds for people who maybe question our spending levels, mostly from the price of football on twitter.
    When Coventry went up and stayed up ahead of us they lost £4m in that season and owe £40m without owning their own ground. Woking made a small profit but are £6m in debt.
    Reading seem to have been unable or unwilling to cut wages in the last 3 or 4 years. Wages 243% of income last year.
    Chelsea owe Abromovich £1.5bn which they should probably get close to in sales price as the government seem to have forgotten to sanction him. Says he'll forgo anything owed to him which is somewhat easier when you've got plenty, aren't strictly allowed to have it anyway and it wasn't really yours in the first place.