Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• If Wycombe want to start looking at Gibraltar for young talent again after De Barr, I might suggest a 16 year old striker called Jaiden Bartolo, currently at Manchester 62. 2 international goals for Gibraltar U17s which is no mean feat for a side that regularly loses by double figures but had a much stronger team in their last campaign (players at Derby, Fleetwood and Rotherham). Made his debut for the U23s of his club side on 10 Feb and scored 4 goals as a sub. Made his senior debut 2 days later and scored on that too. Now has 5 goals in 4 appearances (scored a hat-trick yesterday). Seems to have a lot of ability and at 16 could be added to the academy.

• I hope we never end up with these double-level LEDs City have (Wolves have them as well, possibly some others). Extremely distracting (which I know is the point, but...).

• Hopefully we do the same

• I must say that’s absolutely class from Colchester. Hats off ?

• Well done ColU. That’s great.

• Excellent move. Deserves support.

• Love that

• Time to drop a rivalry that isn't really a rivalry from long ago?

• Keep the rivalry but time to kill the hatred. I tip my hat to them too.

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Time to drop a rivalry that isn't really a rivalry from long ago?

Surely anyone born after a certain point doesn't see it as one anyway? I don't get it (born 1994).

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkshireBlue said:

Surely anyone born after a certain point doesn't see it as one anyway? I don't get it (born 1994).

Imagine if the season before last, the Peterborough goalie had scored against us and we'd finished level on points with them because of it, and then Peterborough got promoted instead of us on goal difference, and then Derby had gone under during the close season and a bloke with a massive chin and a weird pronunciation of stanchion had blocked us getting promoted to fill the empty space in the league above.

• @drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkshireBlue said:

Imagine if the season before last, the Peterborough goalie had scored against us and we'd finished level on points with them because of it, and then Peterborough got promoted instead of us on goal difference, and then Derby had gone under during the close season and a bloke with a massive chin and a weird pronunciation of stanchion had blocked us getting promoted to fill the empty space in the league above.

Jay Leno?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@YorkshireBlue said:

My first season watching the blues was 99/00

• The rivalry goes back beyond that to the 1985 FA Cup match at Loakes Park when we won 2-0. Only time I felt threatened by the away support, despite years of supporters changing ends at half-time and meeting up behind the main stand - usually nothing worse than a few curses and a bit of jostling.
    It was, as I recall, a pretty ferral atmosphere amongst the p***ed up CU fans - army boys no doubt - who were looking for trouble before we started to humiliate them on the pitch.

http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/colchester.htm

• All our rivalries are generational aren’t they? If you’re a bit older than me it’s Slough and Yeovil, my dad still enjoys it when Blyth lose. for my generation it will always be ColU.

I’ve no idea who I’d think of as our main rivals if I was in my late teens or early twenties now.

• Give it another 20 years then I’d be prepared to listen to an argument about ending the Col U rivalry.

Still too raw…!

• edited March 2022

@floyd said:
    All our rivalries are generational aren’t they? If you’re a bit older than me it’s Slough and Yeovil, my dad still enjoys it when Blyth lose. for my generation it will always be ColU.

I’ve no idea who I’d think of as our main rivals if I was in my late teens or early twenties now.

For me it's Plymouth, Oxford or Bristol Rovers

• And the most rational of those is probably Bristol Rovers after they tried to get us relegated (put us under)

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Give it another 20 years then I’d be prepared to listen to an argument about ending the Col U rivalry.

Still too raw…!

It'll be Derby & Peterborough rivalry by then surely...

• I'm sure we'll piss off Man United after our first meeting in the Premier League

• Or Everton next season

• The biggest club in the world are 1-0 down at home to Fleetwood

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    The biggest club in the world are 1-0 down at home to Fleetwood

Nothing else going our way, unfortunately. Portsmouth, Ipswich, Plymouth and MK Dons all winning.

• Whisper it, but maybe that top 2 isn't the given pretty much everyone thought.

• edited March 2022

Luke O'Nien has just put us outside the play-offs. Traitor.

• Luke O'Nien who is bang average and offers nothing but running about?

• Naughty, Luke. Naughty.

• This is a dreadful night of results. Bolton excepted I suppose but they were probably a but far out anyway.

Plymouth, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Ipswich all winning.