Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Taye Ashby-Hammond, on loan from Fulham - spent the previous two seasons on loan at Maidenhead. Brother Luca also a GK out on loan from Fulham - at Stockport. Can't have been two many sets of goalkeeping brothers?

• edited March 2022

The Currie brothers are still playing in the Scottish Leagues. They made minor headlines a few years ago when they both got sent off on the same Saturday.

I’ll raise the two brothers to four, three having played internationally and for two separate countries.

• Peter and Dave Latchford were both keepers and Brother of Everton's Big Bob..

• Paul Hyde had one or two footballing brothers, one called Mark. I'm sure one of them was also a keeper.

• Not goalkeepers but there are three Willock's currently playing football at Newcastle, QPR and Salford.

• There were at least three Sodje brothers I think

• Have we ever had two brothers at the club together?

• Gary and Steve Toll I seem to remember

• Nick and Marc Leach. Lee and Peter Holsgrove maybe?

• @Commoner said:
    Not goalkeepers but there are three Willock's currently playing football at Newcastle, QPR and Salford.

There is an even bigger family with a similar name - all currently EFL referees.

• @Commoner said:
    Not goalkeepers but there are three Willock's currently playing football at Newcastle, QPR and Salford.

Peterborough had 11 Pillocks on the pitch last weekend.

• Brothers Bill, Charlie, Albert and George Buchanan were at the club in the period 1890s to 1900s period. It may be that only ever three were at the club at the same time.

Declan and George Link. John and Terry Reardon. Bob and Anthony Dell?

There are many other possibles going back a long way, which would need researching.

• What about the Triallist triplets?

• Pillock is an underrated word. I don't often hear it outside of my own family.

• I always think it's a type of fish

• @drcongo said:
    Pillock is an underrated word. I don't often hear it outside of my own family.

Oh no Doc. I'm sure its not just your family that think of you as a pillock....

• LX1LX1
    edited March 2022

@drcongo said:
    Pillock is an underrated word. I don't often hear it outside of my own family.

My dad used to shout it liberally whilst watching England play rugby on tv. That was until I went to beavers and started shouting it at everyone during a match. After some complaints the source was silenced. Still don't know what it means.

• Apparently root of pillock is another word for penis - roots from scandinavian "pilli" . The "ock" bit relates to small size.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I always think it's a type of fish

I think you've dropped a pollock there

• Were the Harman's brothers?

• @Steve_Peart said:
    Brothers Bill, Charlie, Albert and George Buchanan were at the club in the period 1890s to 1900s period. It may be that only ever three were at the club at the same time.

There are many other possibles going back a long way, which would need researching.

The two Worleys and Dave Thomas and his brother.

• @ChasHarps said:

@Steve_Peart said:
    Brothers Bill, Charlie, Albert and George Buchanan were at the club in the period 1890s to 1900s period. It may be that only ever three were at the club at the same time.

The two Worleys and Dave Thomas and his brother.

Len and Dave Worley were cousins. I ran the line for Hughenden Valley FC in the 80s, when my nephew and Dave's son played for them. Dave was one of the nicest people I have met. He sadly passed away in January last year.

• We've also had Keith Ryan and Steve Whitby represent us as cousins.

Then there's Cyrille Regis and Jason Roberts, uncle and nephew.

And Keith Scott and Jason Cousins, brothers-in-law

• Peterborough are doing well tonight....

• @bigred87 said:
    Peterborough are doing well tonight....

That Swann clown will really have some fun writing about their season when they go down miserably, without even the epic late run we put in.

• edited March 2022

'Twas a stink so foul
    That the banshees all howled
    At the stench so incredibly putrid
    But the Wycombe fans laughed
    At the Peterborough lark
    And Alan Swann looking so stupid

• Still on 21 points with 12 games left. Can they get past Rotherham’s 23?

• So are Peterborough still protesting Points Per Game, by refusing to get any?

• Sheffield Wednesday losing early.

• Peterborough really are stinking up the Championship, a goal difference of -45 is truly spectacular