Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Looks like three from the bottom four going down. If only Barnsley could get their act together.

• Looks like a very clear bottom 4 scuffling to be the one to stay up doesn't it.

Shame Barnsley can't get out of the way, as the other 3 would be absolutely ideal.

• Also, Luton are only a point off the playoffs with a game in hand.

• The stats on the Cardiff posh game are hilarious.

• Peterborough have got Reading at home next Weds, followed by Derby away on the Saturday.
    Could be two defining games of the season for them.
    I suspect they will get saved by Derby having another points deduction later in the season.

• @Malone said:
    Looks like a very clear bottom 4 scuffling to be the one to stay up doesn't it.

Shame Barnsley can't get out of the way, as the other 3 would be absolutely ideal.

Assuming of course that DCFC are still in the EFL by then anyway.

• Negotiations between Sunderland and Roy Keane have apparently broken down almost at the last minute. A messy situation now even more messy. Shame.....

• Note Leicester completely ditching short goal-kicks in the second half v Liverpool as Brendan noticed they weren't getting them anywhere. A few coaches at this level could learn from that...

• @drcongo said:
    I think they should be able to work, but I would not want a violent, misogynistic, homophobic, kleptomaniac at my club. You can want them all you want, but I don't.

How about Marcos Alonso to supplement our left full back options?

• Peterborough have backtracked on ticket prices for their FA Cup match against Man City after initially pricing them at £42 for adult. One Twitter storm later, they're down to £36, possibly reflecting the number of shots on target Man City will have during the game.

• The worst thing about Derby inevitably staying up is that they are benefiting from the worst combination of relegation fodder ever - they might stay up with 32-35 points - That should have been us! Instead of an easy third season in the Championship, we will be left staring at their celebrations as the "football family" rejoices in the wonderful story with no context.

• To a degree compensated by Peterborough coming down Shev.

Also assuming we don't go up, Derby in League 1 with Mike Ashley splashing the cash and Wayne Rooney still managing them would probably be guaranteed promotion.

• @Shev said:
    The worst thing about Derby inevitably staying up is that they are benefiting from the worst combination of relegation fodder ever - they might stay up with 32-35 points - That should have been us! Instead of an easy third season in the Championship, we will be left staring at their celebrations as the "football family" rejoices in the wonderful story with no context.

You're going to have to let it go a bit at some point, it can't be good for you

• Two out of Peterborough, Reading and Derby coming down would be fine. I’ve given up on Barnsley.

• @eric_plant said:

@Shev said:
    The worst thing about Derby inevitably staying up is that they are benefiting from the worst combination of relegation fodder ever - they might stay up with 32-35 points - That should have been us! Instead of an easy third season in the Championship, we will be left staring at their celebrations as the "football family" rejoices in the wonderful story with no context.

You're going to have to let it go a bit at some point, it can't be good for you

Ah, I figured "Non-Wycombe club plus Other Football thread plus Football forum...seems an appropriate place to post!"

Joking apart, I'd be surprised if any of us have Derby as uppermost among life's true afflictions after the past couple of years!

• Wednesday have just lost their game in hand 0-2 v Rotherham

• Rotherham are very strong indeed. To think I began this season thinking we would mirror them. Seems a long time ago now. We just need time to build a really threatening team. Our time will come. COYB!

• It's definitely a model to follow. Hopefully they can make it stick in the Champo next season.

• @ReturnToSenda full agreement there.

In terms of development / infrastructure, we are probably 3-4 seasons behind Rotherham, who have bounced in and out of the Championship across that period.

• They’re more rugged than Wycombe. Dare I suggest we’re more cerebral?!

• Fair play to Rotherham. They were so poor when we beat them at the end of last season I didn’t think they’d be anywhere near the top.

• Burton have gone 3-0 against Bolton inside 20 minutes!

• What is it with Bolton and mad surges up the table later in the season?

• Nothing it would seem

• edited February 2022

Wigan just scored. Despite their heavy February schedule, they are chugging along.

• Its hard to see beyond Rotherham and Wigan for automatic. We've just got to hold on to our playoff place and hope for some missteps above and behind us! I notice Plymouth are creeping up...

• Wigan's ridiculous squad depth coming to the fore

• Anyone watch Pish v Reading tonight? Sounds like it was absolutely abysmal stuff.

• edited February 2022

Reading must be the only football club named after a more exciting activity than watching them. Peterborough missed a trick by eschewing Paint Drying FC.