Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    This happened at Wealdstone v Wrexham today and I discovered a law I didn't know existed - goal shouldn't have stood as a player can't score the rebound from their own free-kick (ball has to touch another player before being 'live' again).

I fell foul of that law when I used to referee. Never made that mistake again!

• Or am I getting confused with Craig “pussy” Pawson?

• @micra said:
    I thought Craig Dawson was the referee.

You're thinking of Craig Pawson! Who probably wasn't the ref for that reason...

• edited February 2022

Well, that and he probably wouldn't feel safe around Zouma with a name like that

• @TheDancingYak said:
    Well, if you’re a Formula 1 fan, you’ll know how amusing this is. You know you’re in trouble when this man wants to invest

Never paying the money promised and running away crying...... I think their fans would prefer if Ashley was to invest in the club!

• Anyone else noticed just how badly our old chums from Essex are doing right now? Got thumped again yesterday and with Oldham suddenly hitting form they're just 3 points above the drop into the National league with a game against in-form Hartlepool on Tuesday followed by a trip to Oldham for a proper 6-pointer. Wishing them everything they deserve of course.

• Darren Ferguson has resigned as manager of our favourite Cambridgeshire-based football club.

https://www.theposh.com/news/official-club-statement

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Darren Ferguson has resigned as manager of our favourite Cambridgeshire-based football club.

https://www.theposh.com/news/official-club-statement

Announce Derek Adams!

• Interesting. I would have thought they would have stuck with him this time.
    Derek Adams would be quite funny but I’m not sure that’s McAnthony cup of tea.
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them go after Robinson at Oxford or Manning at Franchise.
    However, I have no idea if they fell out previously but Grant McCann a free and previously managed Posh. So my money would be on him.

• @Commoner said:
    Interesting. I would have thought they would have stuck with him this time.
    Derek Adams would be quite funny but I’m not sure that’s McAnthony cup of tea.
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them go after Robinson at Oxford or Manning at Franchise.
    However, I have no idea if they fell out previously but Grant McCann a free and previously managed Posh. So my money would be on him.

We've seen your Martin Allen's and John Sheridan's returning to the same club several times, never seen a club have two managers on rotation but might be fun to see and maybe the resting manager could be an advisor so they know who they'll have to manage in a year or two.
    I'd like to see big Darragh have a go himself for his ego and my entertainment, or maybe dig out Barry Fry for the rest of the season.

• After their 2-1 defeat at Wolves yesterday I was amazed to hear on both radio & TV that Brendan Rogers was now “under pressure”. Do they have to make up stuff just to get a story?

• @A_Worboys said:
    After their 2-1 defeat at Wolves yesterday I was amazed to hear on both radio & TV that Brendan Rogers was now “under pressure”. Do they have to make up stuff just to get a story?

I think fans believe he has 'lost the dressing room'

• Rodgers has been under pressure for ages - they've been really poor all season.

• No manager can have a mediocre season in the Premier league...FA cup win or no.

• Could have been worse on Saturday - we could have had Meikayla Moore in defence.

• Perfect hat-trick too!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Perfect hat-trick too!

Left, right, head? My eyesight not up to seeing that.

• @A_Worboys said:
    After their 2-1 defeat at Wolves yesterday I was amazed to hear on both radio & TV that Brendan Rogers was now “under pressure”. Do they have to make up stuff just to get a story?

Thought Posh were playing Derby.

• Aah, got it. We’re not allowed to mention Leicester or Peterborough by name.

• @micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Perfect hat-trick too!

Left, right, head? My eyesight not up to seeing that.

First two in first six minutes and other before half time. She didn’t play the second half….

• She? Crikey, the peepers are worse than I thought!

• @A_Worboys said:

Can tell you don't watch much premier league stuff :D

• Morecambe manager leaves to take the St Mirren job, just 2 weeks after Derek Adams became available...

• edited February 2022

If anyone wants a game to watch right now, stick Benfica v Ajax on - chaos in the best possible way (and this is another bloody good Ajax team which won't be around for long)

• Derby lose after Reading won yesterday. Suddenly 8 points adrift with 13 matches left. Hopefully Reading can maintain this form!

• Hopefully UEFA get there act together today and give Real Betis a bye to the last 16 of the Europa League.

You cant have a Russian state owned football club playing in a UEFA competition.

• That and move the CL final - and chuck Spartak out of the EL

• Deport Abramovich back to Russia together with his mates.

• edited February 2022

Derek The Miserable returns to Morecambe

• You almost have to admire his chutzpah.