Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• edited February 2022

I'd fear a punch in the face if I challenged someone, but I'd film something like a mass chant

• Very appropriate for a Sunday morning

• @Wendoverman said:

Donnie go to Sunderland on Saturday. Don't hold out much hope of them getting anything there.

But won't it be hilarious if they do?

It was indeed hilarious.

• It is often hard (and sometimes possibly putting oneself at risk) to directly confront someone being abusive but most clubs now have anonymous reporting apps or numbers to allow fans to maintain their safety and report their concerns.

Short term it may well mean increased stewarding costs to deal with increased reporting and the increased trouble we have already seen, but we have beaten the yobs before and we can do it again.

• One problem is Football Twitter reducing these incidents to 'banter', thus validating the idiots and empowering them to keep doing it. Look at the absolute state of this and the replies (I used to call it out, but it's not worth the aggro):

• Also only a matter of time before a player gets hold of one of these tossers and it all gets very ugly indeed

• My point about replays is not whether or not it increases the chance of an update, but that it gives players and supporters a chance to go to places they never would otherwise. And that’s part of what makes football special.

• @floyd said:
    My point about replays is not whether or not it increases the chance of an update, but that it gives players and supporters a chance to go to places they never would otherwise. And that’s part of what makes football special.

I get that, but the draw gives you that chance too - likewise winning the original tie!

• edited February 2022

Speaking of cup draws, I see our morally superior friends from Cambridgeshire have got City in the next round. I'm sure they can't wait to show them how the game is supposed to be played.

• There is a clear example of when points should be deducted for the actions of fans

• They were saying on the highlights show that that's the third incident in as many games involving Rotherham fans - object thrown at the lino v Crewe, not sure what happened at the previous game. I really feel for Paul Warne as he's worked hard to build a culture very similar to the one we have, to make it a nice club, and some idiots are doing their best to ruin that.

• That's a scandal at Rotherham.
    Goon fan looks to give the player a little sly dig too.

Then they miss the pen, obviously affected by that.
    Should be a proper punishment for that, maybe even points.

• Wow Forest 2 up against Leicester and fully deserving it

• FFS Forest now 3 up and are totally outplaying Leicester

• Gasroom has gone a bit quiet while all the resident Forest fans watch.

• Indeed

Leicester get one back after Samba ends up in no mans land for no obvious reason

• I've been busy elsewhere and had it recorded. Wonder how it's going? ?

• Well…I’m enjoying it…just like old times at The City Ground (very old times!)

• I see a Leicester fan invaded the pitch and threw a punch as the Forest players celebrated one of the goals. At this rate, players are going to be thinking twice about stepping onto the pitch.

• It's definitely getting worse with pitch invaders.

For those who think it's "harmless" when some young twat runs on, you can quickly see it generates copycats fairly quickly.

• Too right @Malone Disgraceful. Football hating MPs will be calling for fences again before long. What a twat throwing punches at a player. I hope he gets a custodial sentence!

• I blame brexit.

• Just seen Boreham Wood are beating Bournemouth. Sadly it took me 85 minutes to find what channel it was on. Who knew there was an ITV4?! One is one too many.

• They'll lose now that I've put it on

• Hats off to Borehamwood for a huge cup upset at Bournemouth

• After how Bournemouth behaved last season, even sweeter to see them thoroughly embarrassed. Maybe they'll have another infight?

• That's what happens when you treat the Cup with disrespect and put out the reserves.

• Was gonna ask what sort of lineup Bournemouth put out. Looked a bit ropey.

• Idk, that was a pretty strong side - plenty strong enough to be beating National League oppo anyway

• That's a different question.

But last league game was

Travers, Stacey, Kelly, Cahill, Zemura, Billing, Pearson, Lerma, Anthony, Solanke, Christie

And only 2 of those started today.

Bit of a scandal really, and glad they lost.