Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• Only twice as many?

• MK Dons in the play-offs would be the worst, just awful

• edited February 2022

Have they been to Wembley before? Would be great to witness us ruin their biggest-ever day out if so (although I'll take anyone, having never seen Wycombe win at Wembley in the flesh).

• agreed @eric_plant An appalling possibility.

• edited February 2022

Interesting (well ish) statistic to me at least.

I thought that the Premier League was largely a closed shop with the same old clubs playing there year after year but if Derby or Reading are relegated this year, more than half of the 49 clubs (excluding Wimbledon) that have ever played in the PL will have then gone on to play at least league 1 football - seven will have played league 2, if Oldham stay as they are they will be the first to play Conference football.

Not a lot of people know that - as Michael Caine apparently never said

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Have they been to Wembley before? Would be great to witness us ruin their biggest-ever day out if so (although I'll take anyone, having never seen Wycombe win at Wembley in the flesh).

They played Grimsby there in the paint pot years ago. A Grimsby fanzine produced some t shirts for the occasion with the slogan 'Franchise Football, Never Forgive, Never Forget' on the front, I've still got mine. Unfortunately Grimsby lost, and many have.

• edited February 2022

My opposition is not really on franchise grounds i just dont want to play them again!

• Karl Robinson after Oxford’s draw with Wigan: “We seem to be getting a reputation on the road as a dirty team and I like that.”

• Can’t wait for the next instalment of the rake’s progress.

• Barry Rake used to play for Slough Town.

• @micra said:
    Can’t wait for the next instalment of the rake’s progress.

Doesn't he end in Bedlam!

• edited February 2022

Whoever is holding that rake up has a very slim figure.

(To be able to hide behind the rake, that is).

• Are shoot outs getting easier? This is absurd.

• C'MON BORO!

• I'm a bit of an astronomy geek so get updates from NASA. Apparently manu's pen has dislodged Waddle's ball in orbit, which will return to earth around 11am tomorrow. Location undetermined.

• @LX1 said:
    I'm a bit of an astronomy geek so get updates from NASA. Apparently manu's pen has dislodged Waddle's ball in orbit, which will return to earth around 11am tomorrow. Location undetermined.

Any update on Hylton's?

• Last update was may 2021.

'heading towards Pluto...frozen...let it go...let it go..'

• Hemings tearing West Ham apart reminiscent of a Hemmings we once had. Related, I wonder?

• Crikey, 13 clubs in ten years!

• What a dreadful dive that was from the West Ham striker. I would be absolutely fuming if I was his manager or one of his team mates.

• Even Dion said he’d be ashamed.

• @Gary said:
    What a dreadful dive that was from the West Ham striker. I would be absolutely fuming if I was his manager or one of his team mates.

And no booking because Jon Moss...

• Such a shame to concede a cruel late goal.
    Kiddy defender will have nightmares at not showing Rice onto his weaker left foot.

• Absurd that Kiddy-WH is being played at the same time as Chelsea-Plymouth, while two pretty crap ties are being played at 5:30/8pm

• Massive credit to Kiddy. They deserve to go through. Losing on pens would be cruel. Could just be me hearing things but I thought I heard 'the chant' about Declan Rice a bit earlier.

• @Wendoverman You probably did. It's really widespread ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Wendoverman You probably did. It's really widespread ?

Depressing.

• Moyes should give them a real bollocking after that!