Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• @LordMandeville said:
    West Brom manager accuses opponents of time wasting and says "that is now a typical game for us. Opponents just waste time and don't want to play football.". Saturday's opponents? None other than our bleating friends from Cambridgeshire.

• Watford... bloody hell what are they like

• edited January 2022

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Watford sack Ranieri according to Twitter reports. Now looking for their 15th manager since 2012-13. Basket case doesn't even start to describe that club.

Wrong appointment in the first place - as were several others. No idea what the plan is there.

• edited January 2022

Watford sack Ranieri according to Twitter reports. Now looking for their 15th manager since 2012-13. Basket case doesn't even start to describe that club.

Only 7 points from 13 games under Ranieri including an embarrassing 3-0 home defeat to Norwich last friday probably justifies a sacking on this occasion. Even Gareth would be under pressure with that record.

• edited January 2022

@mooneyman said:

Only 7 points from 13 games under Ranieri including an embarrassing 3-0 home defeat to Norwich last friday probably justifies a sacking on this occasion. Even Gareth would be under pressure with that record.

I heard similar last time. "You don't have to watch it every week" etc...What they don't seem to realise is that they aren't giving a manager the chance to get it properly right. Ainsworths record in his first season can't have been much better than that and he could easily have been dispatched then and someone else might have taken us down or sacked at the end of the season before he had the chance to get the wronguns replaced, review what happened and well... Almost a decade of what better looks like.

• To be fair to Watford, it seems to work - only one season outside the Prem and a Cup final. Not bad for a smallish club.

Absolutely don’t think it would happen but if you were Gareth would you take the job?

• @DevC said:
    To be fair to Watford, it seems to work - only one season outside the Prem and a Cup final. Not bad for a smallish club.

Absolutely don’t think it would happen but if you were Gareth would you take the job?

For sure! I'd put Dobbo in charge for 3 weeks until Watford sacked me and paid me off.

• It's a great job for anyone who wants to earn a couple of million for three months work!

• Rooney or Lampard?

• I think Rooney would be a better fit. I'm not sure Lampard will have any success as a manager.

• @mooneyman said:
    I think Rooney would be a better fit. I'm not sure Lampard will have any success as a manager.

He can drive safely while drinking a coffee and texting...

• @DevC said:
    To be fair to Watford, it seems to work - only one season outside the Prem and a Cup final. Not bad for a smallish club.

? It's like an addiction

• I'd take the Watford job for much the reasons @shev suggests. Big salary - worst case quick pay off and no negative as it has happened so often before and possible best case a step up the ladder. No way Gareth would get offered that one. Reading might be more of a concern - surprised that one hasnt already come up tbh - no win since November including a 7-0 home drubbing and a defeat to non-leaguers.

• edited January 2022

Watford not hanging around... Roy Hodgson set to be appointed tomorrow apparently

Nice little pension for him

• Gareth Ainsworth is not going to Reading. Moving on...

• There’s no greener grass than at Adams Park. GA knows that.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Watford not hanging around... Roy Hodgson set to be appointed tomorrow apparently

Nice little pension for him

74! I'm not sure they're expecting him to be the one that fits and stays a decade bringing them European nights. Claudio struck me as quite friendly, if you had the right clauses in your contract and wanted to agitate a bit you could probably get your compo in the next few weeks.

• Peterborough 2-0 up at Birmingham with 5 mins to go and draw 2-2

• Plymouth concede in the 89th and 92nd minute to draw 3-3 at Fleetwood. That keeps us with a comfortable gap to seventh. Milton Keynes won, which means they’ll go above us if they win on Saturday.

• @DevC said:
    I'd take the Watford job for much the reasons @shev suggests. Big salary - worst case quick pay off and no negative as it has happened so often before and possible best case a step up the ladder. No way Gareth would get offered that one. Reading might be more of a concern - surprised that one hasnt already come up tbh - no win since November including a 7-0 home drubbing and a defeat to non-leaguers.

Ten years and you still get it wrong. Oh dear

• MK winning 95th min is disappointing. That's a huge one for them.

Plymouth fading, but Ipswich are coming up hard on the rails. Every chance they'll be bursting into the playoffs soon.

However, we still have an 8 point safety net over 7th, albeit with more games played.

• As long as we can solidify a play off place everything else is still possible. A win this weekend will be massive!

• [insert joke about how we can't lose this weekend cause the team we're playing don't exist]

• edited January 2022

I had a glance at Wigan's fixtures from now to the end of Feb. Some seriously tough matches in there, all Tues/Sat, including Stoke in the Cup... will really test their (admittedly strong) squad.

• Al-Hamadi not involved for Iraq v Iran earlier, didn't even make the bench

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Al-Hamadi not involved for Iraq v Iran earlier, didn't even make the bench

I hope their Facebook page can cope

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    [insert joke about how we can't lose this weekend cause the team we're playing don't exist]

Please don't start the usual suspects up again :D

• He played the last half hour actually, got completely wiped out on the edge of the box after a nice flick when it looked like he might get in behind the defence. Defender picked up a booking but luckily Ali seemed to run the knock off.

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    [insert joke about how we can't lose this weekend cause the team we're playing don't exist]

Please don't start the usual suspects up again :D

You are the only two that ever mention it