Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

14567810»

Comments

• @carrickblue said:

@Vincey said:
    Isn’t there some weird rule that you need to have an outfield player in your own half otherwise the opposition are allowed to start play?

In a word - No

Law 8 states

For every kick-off:
    all players, except the player taking the kick off, must be in their own half of the field of play

Potentially if they leave the field, knew I’d seen something somewhere

https://www.si.com/.amp/soccer/2018/06/19/world-cup-celebration-rules-player-still-pitch-prevents-quick-kick

• @perfidious_albion said:
    I’ve been worried about Taffs bonding post goals generally. The third JJ/OG/Taff goal he runs back to the half way line not acknowledging the corner flag celebrations or indeed the terrace going nuts. All very strange. It does always seem to be ‘all about him’. Does he think he’s too good for this league?

The most scorching hot take in the history of the gasroom

• How is someone not celebrating 'all about them'.

Baffling.

• @Twizz said:

@Twizz said:
    What had Taffazoli done wrong that, such that Stockdale ignores him to go celebrate with the sub's from the bench? Taff does well to angle his run to cover the snub but it leaves him all alone. Even Stewart makes a late run away from Taff to join the rest of the players.

Just to be clear, this was meant as a joke!

Yep, so was mine continuing the ‘thread’ but mine back fired more than yours!! Ironic ‘humour’ hard to pull off (ooh matron) in print.

• Fair enough

If you ever watch his YouTube videos by the way it's clear that Taf has very much bought into the culture at Wycombe and gets along really well with his teammates

• I have just been reading about the number of players injured during goal celebrations. That, plus damage to the pitch caused by sliding, would seem to indicate that a bit more restraint would not come amiss.

• It's only a minor scuffle at the back of the terrace, @perfidious_albion, no ketchup spilt ...

I shall, however, be paying far more attention during goal celebrations to see who isn't joining in and trying to provide an explanation.
    Usually it's me and I'm trying to keep my blood pressure from going through the roof.

• Maximum chuckles at pernicious albion. Extra dibs for the classic "just joking" response after :)