Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• Is that the buffet in the Woodlands Lounge?

• Morecambe always seems to be a difficult game at home. Hope we can get the 3 points today after a difficult outing in the week.
    COYB!!!!!

• Let's hope we are Wise to the threat

• Flobadob! I didn't know Weed had a sister - and what's their connection to Morecambe anyway?

• @ReturnToSenda Yup. Prawn sandwiches and roast swan. At those prices, you'd expect nothing less.

• Solid 8/10 for that badge just for being completely insane.

• @drcongo said:
    Solid 8/10 for that badge just for being completely insane.

Not completely, limited to the estuary around Honfleur

• No chance of being called off is there? ( waiting for bus in rain!)

• Prepared for a wet, miserable, frustrating defeat today.

• Thats it @floyd keep yer spirits up!?

• @LX1 said:

@drcongo said:

Find me another football forum with humour this inspired

• @floyd said:
    Prepared for a wet, miserable, frustrating defeat today.

Are you watching it on ifollow outside or something?

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

I was gonna say, if he's doing that, the misery won't last too long.

• edited October 2021

Hey can you buy tickets on the day from the booth? @HomeGameRegular is absent today so I am going to bring someone in his absence and they would be able to sit in his seat.

• Full Vere , only the main bar open but surprisingly small quick queue due mainly to v professional staff. Chosen XI doesn't look too shabby either, fingers crossed blues.

• Possibly our strongest 11 that. And when you take into account that the likes of Anis and Wheeler are on the bench plus players like Gapey not even in the squad, it really does make you appreciate how far we have come since Torquay.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

The game isn’t happening in my house.

• Cant complain about line-up. Going to be slippery out there for the tackling. Going to be some cards I reckon.

• BBC app shows McCarthy on left of a back four. That surely can’t be right. Hope not.

• Couple of strong centre backs for Morecambe in Phillips & Delaney although I imagine, given their ages, that they might lack for pace.

• @micra said:
    BBC app shows McCarthy on left of a back four. That surely can’t be right. Hope not.

No chance, that looks like our first choice XI , expect McCarthy RWB

• @LX1 said:

@drcongo said:

Indulge me, please guys. ‘Got’ the rest of the wit but the insanity around the estuary flummoxed me, although my sluggish brain is now telling me that Honfleur must be an area near Morecambe where moutbreathers (thanks @drcongo!) predominate. Something like that.

Sadly, not up to attending today but will be enjoying (I hope) @bluntphil’s commentary as we win 3-2 !

• @floyd said:

Welcome to my pre-match mental world

• @Twizz said:
    Couple of strong centre backs for Morecambe in Phillips & Delaney although I imagine, given their ages, that they might lack for pace.

That did make oi larf ! Thanks @Twizz .

• FFS soft goal

• Not really sure what we were doing there.

Defence really lax to slow a shot, Stockdale just in the completely wrong position

• One of those goals that feels so fluky that you just assume it doesn’t count. Complacent start and need to get it level before HT

• Stockdale having a mare.

• Seems to be disrupting the whole defence

• Need a plan B here. Morecambe pressing very high and Vokes is getting nullified in the air