Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup 2122

Comments

• Any news on parking?

• Email from Long Crendon FC:

• Important Matchday Information

Ahead of our County Cup Quarter Final vs Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday 15th we have some important information for supporters:

Arrival ⏱ - It's going to be a busy night, we'd encourage early arrival to minimise any delays at the turnstiles

Masks ? - We encourage the use of masks in enclosed areas

Parking ? - Limited parking is available at the ground so, where possible, please arrive on foot or car share there are Car Parks in the town centre which are a 10 minute walk from the ground
    For the most up to date information and build up to the game, we recommend following our social media accounts https://linktr.ee/LongCrendonFC

• You could also get the Train to Haddenham & Thame Parkway and get a taxi which will only cost a fiver (roughly)

• Any hints on possible WWTV/Radio commentary for tomorrow? We're isolating so are unable to attend.

• @ValleyWanderer There won’t be a live commentary or stream I’m afraid. There will be updates on social media though.

• Thanks Phil.

• I think they are getting excited when referring to 'the town centre.'

• edited February 2022

Any thoughts on what players we may be taking.

I say ‘we’ - I’ve a foot in both camps having lived in Long Crendon and having been a player and manager of the village team (back when they were extremely less successful - losing most weeks ?).

You’d imagine Pendlebury, Ram, Ali, Dickinson will get a whirl if fit.

• Maybe not Ram as Hungerford have a league game.

• As far as I can see Burley, Ram, Parsons, Leathers, Linton and De Barr will all be on league duty with their loanee clubs , which only leaves Dickinson, Wakeley, Fisher, Pendlebury and Al-Hamadi that I can remember from the Dev squad.
    Matt B can’t play and if Bayo was in US for Super Bowl doubt he will be back in time.
    Feels like being forced into a strongish team with 5 dev players poss KaiKai wheeler and Horgan for game time and maybe 2-3 trialists?

• Bodger in goal?

• @DevC can trialists play? Maybe the return of goal hungry Dave Wates up top?

• 1300 tickets sold now. Blimey.

• Surely the young lad on loan from Newcastle can play?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Surely the young lad on loan from Newcastle can play?

*the lad Young

• Looking forward to this, driving down from North Yorkshire tomorrow afternoon. Think it’ll be a massive mis match though if you have any regulars playing. Over 1400 tickets sold now

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Surely the young lad on loan from Newcastle can play?

*the lad Young

Lol !!! Can't believe I'd forgotten his name !

• It’s great this fixture is getting exposure and being treated with the respect it deserves.

• This is pleasingly mad. It also delights me far, far more than than it should. I am genuinely jealous of those of you going tomorrow night.

And @WendoverSkyBlue if you are driving down all that way just for the game that is dedication over and above

• @bookertease my oldest plays for Long Crendon, no way I could miss this game, picking up family in Cov on route

• @WendoverSkyBlue that makes sense. What a brilliant day you have to look forward to. I hope your lad does you proud

• The interest in this game opens up a wider opportunity. A few seasons ago the Berks & Bucks FA were interested in using Adams Park for the Senior Cup Final every year - most likely on May Bank Holiday Monday. For various reasons it didn’t come to fruition at the time but post-Covid is a different world.

To my way of thinking this would be a great idea & would indicate WW wanting to have greater involvement in the local football community. The match itself should be seen as a prestige event rather than a money-making opportunity. It would raise WW’s profile and image amongst other clubs in Berks & Bucks.

Maybe this opens up a wider debate as perhaps the Trust ought to rebrand itself as the “Wycombe Wanderers Community Trust”.

• It certainly would be very prestigious for a lot of local non league players to play at Adam's Park in a final. The two big tents could host rival supporters on a Bank Holiday Monday in a Carnival atmosphere.
    In the 70 and 80's and 90's, Wanderers relationship with the Berks and Bucks FA appeared somewhat strained. The Madjeski is too big, and next to no atmosphere would be generated. The Franchise Arena should never be considered for obvious reasons. Ours is the logical choice due to our deep roots in the amateur and non league game.

• Interesting split of ticket sales, 73.2% to Long Crendon.

• I'm assuming you can pay on the gate for this?

• Is it wrong or weird how excited I am about this? Feels a bit like going back to our non league days when the B&B was a big deal.

• I regularly get the non league paper and the rise in gates in the last couple of years at all steps is quite staggering. People are clearly turning their back on the over priced sterile spectacle that is the EPL.