Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Cup 2122

Comments

• @WendoverSkyBlue said:
    Really looking forward to this game, my oldest lad plays for Long Crendon. Travelling down from North Yorkshire for this one, seeing as I no longer live in Wendover.

Pleased for you @WendoverSkyBlue and good to see you post on here again, however from our point of view - when was the last time we won a game with Coventry fans present?

• @railwaysteve said:

@WendoverSkyBlue said:
    Really looking forward to this game, my oldest lad plays for Long Crendon. Travelling down from North Yorkshire for this one, seeing as I no longer live in Wendover.

Pleased for you @WendoverSkyBlue and good to see you post on here again, however from our point of view - when was the last time we won a game with Coventry fans present?

Lol thanks. Last game I remember was the league cup game around 92??

• Ascot United beat Thatcham Town 3-0 to complete the Second Round. They travel to Didcot Town in the next round.

• Long Crendon has sold over 600 tickets already.

• The ASM capacity is 2,500, not sure how many the car park holds!

• Not that big a car park. I seem to remember that they overflow onto a neighbouring field, they will need to.

• @floyd said:
    Long Crendon has sold over 600 tickets already.

*have ;)

• I miss the days when Wycombe would go to a "local" club for a pre-season friendly so the fans could get a little closer to the action and seeing new squad members playing. However that seemed to change after the mess at Burnham where their pitch wasn't fully ready and they had just rolled out strips of turf and thinking it'll be ok? I recall GA going onto the pitch and lifting up a 10yrd section of turf in his hand!

• Did that get cancelled on the day?

Sure I remember turning up to watch and there were signs out saying it’d been postponed

• The first division of the North Berks league consists, as far as I can make out, entirely of clubs based in Oxfordshire. As far as sport is concerned the change in county boundaries didn't happen.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Did that get cancelled on the day?

Sure I remember turning up to watch and there were signs out saying it’d been postponed

Yes about an hour before kick off. Gaz, Dobbo and Lee H adjourned to the pub opposite the gates to Cliveden.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Did that get cancelled on the day?

Yes it got cancelled 45mins before kick-off. I think they rearranged it as a training ground friendly.

• Be fantastic if Bayo made an appearance

• @bigred87 said:
    Be fantastic if Bayo made an appearance

Lol, we can't be risking first-teamers in this.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:

I guess it depends on the League and any new injuries. I reckon it can't hurt to give some minutes to any first teamer who hasn't played much. Quite a few of them played during the week against Ipswich.
    Could this be Matt Bloomfield's last few minutes for the club?

• @Otter87 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:

I guess it depends on the League and any new injuries. I reckon it can't hurt to give some minutes to any first teamer who hasn't played much. Quite a few of them played during the week against Ipswich.

Blooms, yes, but this is not a first team competition.

• edited January 2022

@Otter87 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@bigred87 said:

And a practice match against other professionals is one thing, but it would be an unnecessary risk against a bunch of semi-pros (possibly amateurs?) on what I believe is a plastic pitch. Maybe Al-Hamadi, De Barr etc, but the big hitters won't be involved.

• @bigred87 said:

I think Bayo will be otherwise engaged with the Superbowl around then

• @bicester_blue said:

@bigred87 said:

I think Bayo will be otherwise engaged with the Superbowl around then

Had forgotten about that. Lincoln away that weekend.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    And a practice match against other professionals is one thing, but it would be an unnecessary risk against a bunch of semi-pros (possibly amateurs?) on what I believe is a plastic pitch. Maybe Al-Hamadi, De Barr etc, but the big hitters won't be involved.

It's a grass pitch at Thame, and normally a very good one. Crendon's league home, Oxford City, is plastic.

• @Steve_Peart said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

It's a grass pitch at Thame, and normally a very good one. Crendon's league home, Oxford City, is plastic.

Is it the ASM Stadium? Because it looks 3g in all the photos.

• They have a separate 3G pitch there, installed about a year ago I think, but the pitch in the main stadium is grass. I'd better find a photo to make sure I'm not talking complete nonsense!

• @Steve_Peart said:
    They have a separate 3G pitch there, installed about a year ago I think, but the pitch in the main stadium is grass. I'd better find a photo to make sure I'm not talking complete nonsense!

Ah, makes sense!

• Having said it's always a good surface, Thame's opening goal on Saturday against Bedford Town shows it more worn than normal.

• Well I guess it would be more worn if it is played on by two teams week in week out.
    Terrible keeping by the Thame goalie poor first save and flapping like a beached whale for the follow up

• I miss our goal cam

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Well I guess it would be more worn if it is played on by two teams week in week out.
    Terrible keeping by the Thame goalie poor first save and flapping like a beached whale for the follow up

Thame United Reserves play their games there, Long Crendon have only played two games at Thame this season, their last two B & B ones.

That was the Bedford keeper with the mistake. This is Thame's second goal in the 2-2 draw.

• The build-up to the game of the season continues. A good interview with the Long Crendon Vice-chair. Over 800 sold, capacity confirmed as 2,500, which is also the population of the village.