Skip to content

Match day thread: Wigan

Comments

• Now a dangerous FK...

• Get in fantastic corner and header from Stewart to get us back in the game

• @Wendoverman said:
    Don't worry I predicted a 1-1.

Come on boys....do it for my prediction league status if nothing else!

• Celebrated that blocked free kick almost as much as a goal!

• Well defended free kick there and its Wigan who are now in panic mode

• @Shev said:
    Now a dangerous FK...

Fired into the Belly of the Beast

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Building a little hint of momentum when we get it now.

Maybe still a late twist in this one.

No chance

;)

Ole Malone told you we'd get back in this one.

The old reverse jinx from me...

• Most mobile ive seen Bayo in a long time

• Got out of jail there.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Building a little hint of momentum when we get it now.

Maybe still a late twist in this one.

No chance

You beautiful Blues!

• Ha, never in doubt ?

• Great omen. Play sub par get point. Wigan will be a contender especially signing players like McClean

• Issues to address after that performance, but so pleased to come away with a point.

• Did not deserve that but a great point earned against an excellent Wigan side.

• Now that is a superb point in the context to say the least!

Really hope there's a couple more players available for the weekend! Taf would be superb.

• A great spirited point but hope it doesn’t mask the fact that we need to sort the CB issue.

• That was very fortunate. We were as poor as I’ve seen in a long while and Wigan should have put it to bed earlier.

Great desire from Stewart to get to that header though. Good reward for the travelling support.

• Wow we ground that out but to get a result from a game where we were not at the races shows a great level of discipline and determination.

Puts us 3rd in the league.

Wonderful to have @bluntphil & Alicia Povey on commentary duties

• God Almighty! That was a shift and a half. Hard to say we 'deserved' it but they never give up. Great point! I'm glad Bayo is still pulling on our shirt.

• Great stuff. ? Good sign to be below par and still get something out of a game.

Another amusing little result at Peterborough I see. ?

• Didn’t deserve that but Wigan missed early chances abs it came back to bite them in the end. Stats say we were even on pass completion in the final third, much worse overall. We’ll take the ugly point.

• I didn’t think that performance was anywhere near as bad as a lot of you. Especially whoever said it was like the first few games of last season. There were a few slightly below par performances and Kaikai playing a position he has no experience of, but the overall effect was a decent grinding out of a result against a very good, very organised side. Well done lads.

• 43% possession. No wonder we looked ropey. Anything close to 40% is unacceptable in my book. Optimum 23% for me

• 7pts from 9 and we haven't clicked yet.... bodes well for when we do.

• @drcongo said:
    I didn’t think that performance was anywhere near as bad as a lot of you. Especially whoever said it was like the first few games of last season. There were a few slightly below par performances and Kaikai playing a position he has no experience of, but the overall effect was a decent grinding out of a result against a very good, very organised side. Well done lads.

I thought of you when the commentary lady said Obita has been great this last couple of games :)

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    43% possession. No wonder we looked ropey. Anything close to 40% is unacceptable in my book. Optimum 23% for me

10 shots to their 8 apparently.

Although it feels like an age ago that Mehmeti was ballooning 2 or 3 of those deep into the Wigan end.

• Wigan obviously a very good outfit, will really wonder how they didn't get more but they didn't and it would have been very easy for the wheels to come off, we weren't great at the start of the second half and the defence is very makeshift but the spirit and the calm will win us more points over the season than free kicks or super subs ever could. On to Saturday.

• It's points like that, when you didn't deserve it that get you promoted!!!
    Definitely not our best ever performance, but who cares!!! A fantastic point away to a big team who will definitely be up there at the end of the season. COYB!!!!!

• To put that result into context, Wigan spent an absolute fortune on some top players in the close season and that’s why the bookies made them favourites to win the title. Yes we were below par, but let’s remember how many of our players are out injured at the moment. To get a point despite being second best for long periods shows what this squad is made of. Never write this team off.