Skip to content

Match day thread: Wigan

Comments

• Poo.

• Really sloppy start

• Oh. Last year’s ref curse is back is it.

• Ridden not risen

• Don't worry I predicted a 1-1.

• If tafazoli is going to be out for long we really do need to get the centre half gap sorted. Stewart can’t do it all

• Bugger missed the goal in real time as the ifollow circle of death appeared - caught it on the replay and to be honest its no more than Wigan deserve

• Going to take some character to get anything from this

• We can't really have complaints. I do think we need to look at subs sharpish, and possibly change of shape.

• We’ve been about to give away a soft goal all game. Big test now.

• edited August 2021

We really need to find a way to play through midfield. McLeary has barely had the ball to feet all game.

• Hopefully this defensive performance gives us the nerve to put down that extra £xyz for Lavelle

• That's got to be Thommo on now

• We really need to calm down

• Cruising the league temporarily on hold then.

• edited August 2021

Going to be some leggy players there and it shows I think. Wigan showing that extra energy that a 95th winner in the previous game gives you

• Whilst there’s no need to panic of course there’s been a couple of players not on it today and unfortunately it’s in positions we are thin on the ground.

• If the plan was to calm it down and reset a bit then erm. Time for the next plan.

• This was always going to be a tough test and we certainly won’t cruise this league. We certainly need one, maybe two defenders to help Anthony Stewart. We can’t afford to leave it too long to get them in.

• Get Thompson and Horgan on. See if we can grab something today, but we need some of those missing lads back asap.

• @Malone said:
    Get Thompson and Horgan on. See if we can grab something today, but we need some of those missing lads back asap.

I was going to say the same as Ainsworth did it.

• I’m not sold on Obita at all.

• What’s the shape? 442 with Kaikai off Vokes?

• @JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:
    Get Thompson and Horgan on. See if we can grab something today, but we need some of those missing lads back asap.

I was going to say the same as Ainsworth did it.

Only bench options really, as Bayo will be the last throw of the dice.

• Square pegs round holes comes to mind

• Surely the ref’s got to book that one from Keane for diving if he doesn’t give the foul

• Wigan look a good side here, but I think it's fair to say we're underperforming all over the pitch tonight.

• Wigan have spent some cash for sure but I’m still a little disappointed with some elements of tonight. We’ve created and missed loads of chances in the previous 2 league games. Tonight very little

• I do hate the "it's my first one" defence when someone absolutely nails an opponent.
    As if you have some sort of license to get one in.