Skip to content

Match day thread: Wigan

Comments

• FFS we are looking so poor at the back on set pieces

• would. be great to get some kind of clarify on Taf

• We need to get Tafa back in as the absolute priority of all our missing players.

• Would be increasingly hilarious if we were to nick something here

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    FFS we are looking so poor at the back on set pieces

Organisational issues when you only have one proper centre half

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Wigan have spent some cash for sure but I’m still a little disappointed with some elements of tonight. We’ve created and missed loads of chances in the previous 2 league games. Tonight very little

Individual errors have been very disappointing in our toughest game of the season so far. We stepped up against better opposition so many times last season, need to remember to do the same against better sides this season.

• No matter what happens from here, this should keep our feet on the ground!

• This is very similar to our performances at the start of last season.

• now taken vokes..looking like we are holding.for 1 mil defeat!

• Really uncharacteristic from us tonight. Pretty dreadful usage of the ball. Think that’s 3 times Horgan’s sprayed it to an opponent since he’s come on

• Building a little hint of momentum when we get it now.

Maybe still a late twist in this one.

• @Malone said:
    Building a little hint of momentum when we get it now.

No chance

• @jessvl1 said:
    Really uncharacteristic from us tonight. Pretty dreadful usage of the ball. Think that’s 3 times Horgan’s sprayed it to an opponent since he’s come on

All last season I defended Horgan to anyone who will listen. You don’t lose class, you may lose form. This season, I’ve gone with - you wait til you see him at a lower level he’s gonna tear things up. After some of his passing tonight I’ve muted WhatsApp

• Tonight has just been one of those nights where a majority of our passes have been sloppy.

• When Mcleary is on edge of the box I anticipate excitement...Horgan much less so.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@jessvl1 said:
    Really uncharacteristic from us tonight. Pretty dreadful usage of the ball. Think that’s 3 times Horgan’s sprayed it to an opponent since he’s come on

All last season I defended Horgan to anyone who will listen. You don’t lose class, you may lose form. This season, I’ve gone with - you wait til you see him at a lower level he’s gonna tear things up. After some of his passing tonight I’ve muted WhatsApp

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@jessvl1 said:

Horgan was fantastic in the first game of the season. Don't throw the league 1 baby out when everyone's been off

• Yes, just as we weren't promoted after 2 wins, the season isn't over whatever happens, or doesn't in the last 2mins tonight.

Not the time to systematically abuse all of our players.

• @Malone said:
    Yes, just as we weren't promoted after 2 wins, the season isn't over whatever happens, or doesn't in the last 2mins tonight.

Not the time to systematically abuse all of our players.

Didn’t see any abuse

• Not sure there is any systemic abuse @Malone we all know its a marathon.

• True. We will all know this L1 season is going to be quite a battle. Not all of us were expecting promotion to begin with, either!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

No chance

;)

• Have some of that.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

No chance

• That is smash and grab as you’ll ever see

• Never in doubt.

• Well we do not deserve that! Get in there, great delivery!

• YES!!!

Negative boys shove that upyour asss

WHOOOPPPP

• You can hardly believe it.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

No chance

;)

Ole Malone told you we'd get back in this one.