Skip to content

Match day thread: Wigan

Comments

• Anis nailed on to score today after the debate about shoot v pass.

• @Shev said:
    Anis nailed on to score today after the debate about shoot v pass.

Nailed on to make a majestic pass for a McCleary goal I think.
    Followed by the most glorious man love group hug.

• edited August 2021

I am not greedy - let's have one of both! (shoot and pass, not pass and hug)

• Are we forgetting Stocko's goal from a 40-yard free-kick?

• Not changing a winning side. I like it, though my Wigan supporting colleague is a lot happier after the first two games than he has been for the last two seasons.

• edited August 2021

Anyone remember what happened last time we played Wigan midweek followed by Lincoln on the Saturday...?

• Pendlebury only has to score another two goals to keep his place for Lincoln. What are we up to now - five goals?

• @wingnut said:
    I don't think that clubs actually call themselves Latics but is used about them mainly by journalists who like to appear with it.

Fans of Wigan can be heard to utter “Up the ‘Tics” which it took me a while to fathom.

• Not sure if anyone has ever scored a legitimate goal with their hand before, but if we are keeping on theme here, Stocko to throw it out with his gammy right hand, it bounces once, catches a gust of wind and sails over the stranded Latics (sic) keeper.

• Okay, so what do we think?

Accrington = The McLeary game
    Exeter = The Stockdale game
    Cheltenham = The Pendlebury game
    Wigan = ???

• @Shev said:
    Okay, so what do we think?

Accrington = The McLeary game
    Exeter = The Stockdale game
    Cheltenham = The Pendlebury game
    Wigan = ???

Vokesy. Lump on. Responsibly.

• Tempted to go Kaikai, but with him learning the wingback position a bit, I will go for Anis.

• Welcome back @bluntphil!!!!

• Great to have you back Phil

• Wonderful to have you back @bluntphil

• Nice picture on the BBC Football home page right now

• Interesting that we’re in the red and white quarters.

• Red and white it is. And Wigan would have been preparing for gold all week!

• @Gary said:
    Interesting that we’re in the red and white quarters.

The numbering on the back of the Wigan shirts is in gold. Imagine having to change into your 3rd kit for that!

• This ref (whose name sounds like something you'd 'let one out' in) has only ever done one Wycombe game before: Chesterfield 2018.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    This ref (whose name sounds like something you'd 'let one out' in) has only ever done one Wycombe game before: Chesterfield 2018.

Are they reverse trolling us? Beany ref was Saturday too.

• @Malone said:

@Gary said:
    Interesting that we’re in the red and white quarters.

The numbering on the back of the Wigan shirts is in gold. Imagine having to change into your 3rd kit for that!

I feel sorry for Phil and Alisha tonight, you can’t see those numbers…never been a fan of stripes down the back.

• Slightly ropey start, their man just waltzed past a flat footed Stuart there.

• Wow, that's a miss

• Wigan are on fire. Could easily be two up already.

• Same issues thru the middle as Saturday. Hopefully we’ll settle in. Or Wigan will just keep missing.

• Bloody hell. Wigan looking good. We need to get a grip on this game.