Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

15678911»

Comments

• There's a £1m player in there, so gingers crossed.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    There's a £1m player in there, so gingers crossed.

That's a bit gingerist

• Anis's agent will though surely be aware that it may not be in his interest to allow himself to be tied down to a long contract. Either way he would certainly be young enough to attract a fee even if he was out of contract at the time.

• @DevC Agreed. I fear that he may not be with us by the end of the season.

• I think he'll sign a new deal by the end of next month. We probably haven't entered negotiations yet as he had that one-year option.

• I suspect we tried to negotiate a new, longer deal for Anis in the summer and it was rebuffed by his agent. We triggered the automatic one year extension but we must want more. Anis is a class player who is on the way up the leagues, hopefully with the Blues.

• Just thinking the other day, with a following wind should Uche go on a bit if a run and get to around 15 goals including a belter or too his resale value, and our chunk of it could be pretty decent

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Just thinking the other day, with a following wind should Uche go on a bit if a run and get to around 15 goals including a belter or too his resale value, and our chunk of it could be pretty decent

Very good point. This is a great potential knock-on effect of our ability to develop.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Just thinking the other day, with a following wind should Uche go on a bit if a run and get to around 15 goals including a belter or too his resale value, and our chunk of it could be pretty decent

Did we have a sell on clause ?

• edited August 2021

@Aylesburyblue said:
    Did we have a sell on clause ?

Reading between the lines of an interview Warnock gave after the transfer playing down the upfront cost of the deal, it could be inferred that the add-ons and possibly a sell-on could bring in significant additional money for us.

• We really weren't at the races today, but we w> @ReturnToSenda said:

I think he'll sign a new deal by the end of next month. We probably haven't entered negotiations yet as he had that one-year option.

Agreed ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Yeah, I think we're a touch one-dimensional without an inverted wing-back on one side. McCarthy and Obita both have a great ball in them, but neither is consistent enough.

I've been a little concerned about this as well. Fred was a great option at wing back as he really delivered attacking returns, regular goals and/or assists. Both Obita and McCarthy are perhaps more defensively minded albeit with great energy. Maybe Kaikai can be moulded into that role, but he seemed a bit wasted at times on Saturday when doing defensive work. A difficult balance to strike.