Skip to content

Match day thread: Cheltenham

Comments

• GET IN SON! Thank you Reading!

• Can't even score a hattrick? Get him off!!!

• edited August 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:

@floyd said:
    Like I said, not Penders game, take him off!

I'd still do that to solidify things in the middle, but that should do his confidence the world of good!

When was the last time two separate Wycombe players got braces in the first two games of the season?

• @floyd said:
    Like I said, not Penders game, take him off!

Ha

• Bless him he will be on cloud 9 this evening

• Top of the league

• He’s just trolling people who complained about our poor transfer window.

• @floyd said:
    I’m afraid we look complacent at the back and light weight in the middle. When Cheltenham play thru the middle we can stop them. Curtis for Penders is the obvious change I guess.

Wonderful scenes!

• Like I've said before, when he signed Reading fans were gutted he'd been let go, we could've got ourselves a bargain here

• (we've all done it son)

• Damn Stocko down again...

• Were top!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Like I've said before, when he signed Reading fans were gutted he'd been let go, we could've got ourselves a bargain here

Yeah, very highly rated. Another good get.

• Hats off to Sam Grace, Dobbo & GS for unearthing another gem

• Two brilliant strikes from Pendlebury, who has has well and truly taken his opportunity in the starting 11. Now up to Thompson and Gape to displace his once fit.

Cheltenham can feel a little unfortunate I think. They’ve played well and caused all sorts of bother with the ball in behind our defence. As we learnt several times last season though, it is about who is capable of taking their chances.

• We have needed a late arriving midfielder who can score. Very promising!

• What’s the over/under on injury time? 7.5 I reckon.

• @floyd said:
    GET IN SON! Thank you Reading!

I don't think I've said that since they took Keith Scott off our hands for £250k

• I haven't seen Pendlebury's goals, but we can always do with a midfielder who can pop up from deep (a la Peter Murphy) with some crucial goals.

• Nine minutes.

• FFS 9 minutes added time

• Very very satisfying win, especially given the first half. Pleased to get Vokes off the mark and maybe a huge find in Penders.

• Fantastic result

• Brilliant result.

Have a happy, safe journey home those who travelled.

And hope the trains work better

• edited August 2021

Wonderful start to the season, if we can get something at Wigan maybe we can go on a real run and park ourselves firmly where we want to be. Well done to all involved in getting Pendlebury and Vokes in. Look forward to seeing the goals later. As much as I supported the 3pm TV rule I can't see how it can carry on as people get their workarounds going and have become accustomed to watching all the games.

• Well you said 3 @ReturnToSenda fair play.

• How many years on Pendlebury’s contract?

• Great result !

• Superb result against pretty decent Cheltenham team who will probably do a lot better than expected this season on that showing.

Pendlebury. Wow. Who saw that coming.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Superb result against pretty decent Cheltenham team who will probably do a lot better than expected this season on that showing.

Pendlebury. Wow. Who saw that coming.

Not the Cheltenham goalkeeper