Skip to content

Millwall Fans Today

Comments

• @Wendoverman said:
    Is racism sorted now?

You have to know someone's intentions apparently - and you can never truly know those it seems.
    So erm...roll on 7.45pm tonight and back to business on the footy stuff.

• 'Me and my Dad was just waving to my friend in the opposite stand while coincidentally scratching our top lips with two fingers. Obviously if someone from the lamestream media happens to take a picture from a certain angle...'

• Samuel anyone?

• Whoops! Wrong thread.

• In 1944 my grandfather was forced to defend his family in Normandy whilst my father was being ejected from my grandmother's womb.

If we had lost that battle we would be living in some horrendous nazi world.

The more people from around the World that live here the better imho.

If you don't like it. @LDF.... F@k off

• Assuming you wrote this with the "benefit" of one too many inside you early this morning, @LX1.

• edited December 2020

Was just shutting down all my old Chrome tabs and still had the Millwall forum up so had a quick browse more they don't feel that they're under the spotlight

In case there's any doubt that they're racist, and that their anti-BLM stance is rooted in anything other than racism, have a look down a few of the threads @LDF

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/sports-person-of-the-year-suprise-suprise.45988/

"Hamilton the token black wins......."

Not only Hamilton though... The French

"Tell the c**** no flights allowed into UK from France. Not until such a time as we have deemed you safe from the disease called cowardice froglism. Until then you f****ng slime can stay in France bedding your sisters."

Even right wing poster girl Priti Patel .

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/if-you-are-losing-faith-nw.45982/#post-727912

"What’s her tits like? if you’d bend it over would you get a whiff of curry?"

If the gasroom was like this, would you expect the club to put out a statement distancing itself from the forum?

• Not really sure why you needed to copy and paste this rubbish and also gives links to it. I don't need to see evidence that some people are racist. It's obvious.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Not really sure why you needed to copy and paste this rubbish and also gives links to it. I don't need to see evidence that some people are racist. It's obvious.

I'll edit it now to make it less... Vile

Unfortunately there are plenty of people who don't believe those views are still about, and plenty who would say it was just made up by me, so trying to put it in a way that can't be denied is necessary.

• I think even those people on here who were trying to argue that the Millwall fans booing the BLM kneeling thing weren't racist wouldn't dare trying to deny that some Millwall fans are racist.

• @Malone said:
    I think even those people on here who were trying to argue that the Millwall fans booing the BLM kneeling thing weren't racist wouldn't dare trying to deny that some Millwall fans are racist.

When their main message board is filled with that sort of stuff unchecked /completely accepted, it's more than an insignificant minority

• @Username not knowing those individuals or their motives or the proper context of their apparent comments I can not be sure they are actually 'racist'.I believe MLK, Malcolm X and probably Lenny Henry no doubt enjoyed a visit to The Den in the good old days when everything was just a larf. Making the kneejerk jump to 'racism' when there may be a number of philosophical and societal reasons for the comments above and beyond just ignorant thickoes braying abuse is pure virtual signalling.

• @Username said:

@Malone said:
    I think even those people on here who were trying to argue that the Millwall fans booing the BLM kneeling thing weren't racist wouldn't dare trying to deny that some Millwall fans are racist.

When their main message board is filled with that sort of stuff unchecked /completely accepted, it's more than an insignificant minority

In fairness, if you judged all Wycombe fans by the gasroom you'd think all our fans were handsome legends...

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@Malone said:

In fairness, if you judged all Wycombe fans by the gasroom you'd think all our fans were handsome legends...

It's quite an interesting social study ?

Generally these message boards are inhabited by the "older generation", for wycombe that means it's much more civil than the social media fan sites.

For Millwall it's concentrated the imbeciles who can't get away with their bile on social media

• @Username said:

Unfortunately there are plenty of people who don't believe those views are still about, and plenty who would say it was just made up by me...

Who in this conversation has suggested they thought no-one held such views anymore or that you were likely to make up the contents of another fan forum? Who are you making the point for?

• edited December 2020

@HCblue said:

@Username said:

Unfortunately there are plenty of people who don't believe those views are still about, and plenty who would say it was just made up by me...

Who in this conversation has suggested they thought no-one held such views anymore or that you were likely to make up the contents of another fan forum? Who are you making the point for?

No one in particular in this group, but citing the actual source is rarely a bad idea.

And no one said they weren't any racists, but a few made arguments that the root cause for the booing at millwall wasn't racist, when judging by their own words, it was.

• edited December 2020

Just having a read through the repulsive stuff linked above. What could the club actually do about it? Even if those posts were reported to the club, how easy would it be to trace anonymous forum posters?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Just having a read through the repulsive stuff linked above. What could the club actually do about it? Even if those posts were reported to the club, how easy would it be to trace anonymous forum posters?

Most decent forums stop people even posting links to streams or commenting on legal cases or reasons diminutive strikers get kicked out of clubs a couple of days after signing new 1 year deals.
    So the forum owner has to be the one to clamp down.

The problem comes if the forum owner holds the same views.

• They can't @chairboyscentral Social media is the Devil's work!

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Most decent forums stop people even posting links to streams or commenting on legal cases or reasons diminutive strikers get kicked out of clubs a couple of days after signing new 1 year deals.
    So the forum owner has to be the one to clamp down.

The problem comes if the forum owner holds the same views.

I guess the responsibility would ultimately rest with Vital as it's a forum under them?

• I suspect vital and the forum moderator are responsible

The club could surely force them to change the forum name to not be Millwall related, especially on a setup like vital which has a veneer of being official.

Looks like the club has knowingly engaged with people on that forum too. Pretty shocking stuff, there's no way they can't know how deep the racism problem is, they just don't have the nuts to address it

• @Username said:
    I suspect vital and the forum moderator are responsible

The club could surely force them to change the forum name to not be Millwall related, especially on a setup like vital which has a veneer of being official.

Looks like the club has knowingly engaged with people on that forum too. Pretty shocking stuff, there's no way they can't know how deep the racism problem is, they just don't have the nuts to address it

When you see facebook and twitter and the like get masses of pressure to clamp down on the vile behaviour that people get up to on those platforms, it'll definitely be on the website owner themselves.
    Moderators are often just random volunteers. Which does bring the problem of the random volunteer who moderates it being of similar mentality.

• edited December 2020

@Malone said:

@Username said:

When you see facebook and twitter and the like get masses of pressure to clamp down on the vile behaviour that people get up to on those platforms, it'll definitely be on the website owner themselves.
    Moderators are often just random volunteers. Which does bring the problem of the random volunteer who moderates it being of similar mentality.

Think it's pretty evident that the moderators on there are full blown racists, on the night I was on the Millwall site they were moving threads so guests couldn't see them which were obviously going to be really racist, not removing the racist content or warning/ banning members

• @Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

Think it's pretty evident that the moderators on there are full blown racists, on the night I was on the Millwall site they were moving threads so guests couldn't see them which were obviously going to be really racist, not removing the racist content or warning/ banning members

I saw an interesting scenario in the closed season.

The guy who won the premier league fantasy footy - a Bulgarian chap - was denied the win as it came to light that he'd abused Sterling on a private group chat.

Made me wonder if that sort of thing is legally binding in other scenarios.

• I still think the only way to really combat this kind of thing is for social media platforms etc. to make people give proof of ID when they make an account. You could still post anonymously, but it would stop banned users from just making another account and carrying on. The problem is it's not in Twitter, Facebook and co.'s interests to so that until they're legally bound to.

• That said, Twitter do normally act when you report something - albeit not usually very quickly.

• @Malone said:

@Username said:

@Malone said:

@Username said:

I saw an interesting scenario in the closed season.

The guy who won the premier league fantasy footy - a Bulgarian chap - was denied the win as it came to light that he'd abused Sterling on a private group chat.

Made me wonder if that sort of thing is legally binding in other scenarios.

I suspect private companies can pretty much do as they please so long as they have some vague T&C's which include "values" that need to be adhered to.

• edited December 2020

A very admirable response from Cambridge United https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2020/december/statement-2312/

• That is a really impressive response (and absolutely the right thing to do)

• Although it does seem a bit odd that the bans only last until the end of the season