Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• @chairboyscentral said:

@robin said:
    Just seen that Marcus Maddison is availiable, worth a punt?

"Unreal ability, shit attitude" was how one Posh fan summed him up - great player for them but not particularly popular for that reason. Gaz and Dobbo wouldn't go anywhere near him. Not to mention we'd never meet his wage demands.

Fair enough mate, if his attitude stinks there's no way we'll sign him,.

• I just remember him posturing while he warmed up on his own before the game at our place last season - when Curtis Thompson did an expert man-marking job on him.

I just remember him posturing while he warmed up on his own before the game at our place last season - when Curtis Thompson did an expert man-marking job on him.

Even the game at their place (last year possibly) when they battered us and he was excellent he was still moaning, kicking out , diving and being a complete w@nker, clearly a good player but you'd have to wonder why nobody has signed him yet and why posh were happy to loan him out.

• I just read he's asking to be be paid £15,000 a week and is reduced to begging clubs to sign him on twitter.

• So far this pre-season the Gasroom has said no to signing Jordon Ibe and Marcus Madison!

• Got to love this place

Coming next: "Messi doesn't tackle back enough, not for me thanks"

• More like we know they're completely unrealistic signings

More like we know they're completely unrealistic signings

Exactly

• Yep massively unrealistic but it's nice to dream

People were genuinely arguing that Randell Williams would be a better signing than Ibe

• edited September 2020

@eric_plant said:

@chairboyscentral said:

People were genuinely arguing that Randell Williams would be a better signing than Ibe

Gasroom turns down player is a bit over the top , plenty of individuals here with different opinions. Some total bs of course.

Small fee to Exeter for recent past player who we presumably would have kept if we had bit more £ when he left is far more likely to happen than trying to make a deal with a player on trial at Palace who was on about £40k last year in the Prem.

Not too far a stretch to say Williams would fit in better too with him having been here not long ago and Ibe barely playing recently, or in his entire career tbh.

Of course Gaz and Dobbo would fancy themselves to get Ibe playing at his best but we won't ever find out. Probably...

• @StrongestTeam Do you know if Ibe is still on trial with Palace?

@StrongestTeam Do you know if Ibe is still on trial with Palace?

No idea, few recent suggestions on twitter Derby or even Newcastle could take him as a relatively cheap punt for them.

• Anyone know who we played and who the trialists were?

• What about Marc McNulty or Brett Pitman as another striker?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    What about Marc McNulty or Brett Pitman as another striker?

Pitman has just joined Swindon Town

• Seen through reading 'Close Quarters' and obvious evidence and experience, how much we love to bring back a player we've had on loan again, and how keen they normally are to come back. Wonder if we could see that with someone from last year again? Maybe Nnamdi?

• With Bournemouth having a bit of a fire sale, and us now being a "rival", i dare say the chances aren't great.

If he hasn't made their squad in the first few weeks though, who knows.

• Will Ainsworth use today to see what we need before the league kicks off....... wonder if they will announce another signing when the squads announced at 11am?

• I'd expect some more signings, definitely 2 or 3 loans if nothing else

• Really?

• So we're going to have 4 'keepers in a squad of fewer than 30? That seems oddly luxurious.

• Probably exposes lingering doubts about Allsopp

• @our_frank said:
    So we're going to have 4 'keepers in a squad of fewer than 30? That seems oddly luxurious.

Well two are B team and Yates might even go out on loan

• Or just the young goalie was available and we already had one, expect more B team signings, Pete Couhig was talking about triallists the other day.

• @our_frank said:
    So we're going to have 4 'keepers in a squad of fewer than 30? That seems oddly luxurious.

But if you are operating two teams you need 2 senior and 2 development/youth keepers.

• I imagine we'll offer Stockdale something as he clearly loves it here, plus his competition has improved Rocky. Only issue is whether his love of the club will override whether he's fine to be a number 2 on small wages.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    I imagine we'll offer Stockdale something as he clearly loves it here, plus his competition has improved Rocky. Only issue is whether his love of the club will override whether he's fine to be a number 2 on small wages.

I love it at Wycombe too. Where should I go to get my contract offer?

• Good run out there whatever happens now, the attacking options and running should help us scare a team or two.