Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• Transfer announcement in 15 minutes...

• McCarthy and Stockdale confirmed.

• @micra said:
    McCarthy and Stockdale confirmed.

Is Stockdale confirmed yet?
    Always seemed likely, but not quite official yet?

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

Not yet. Would imagine he'll command a decent wage - will it be worth it for a Number 2 keeper or is it better spent elsewhere is the question.

• If the left-footed Tafazolli signs, do we think that will be our defensive business complete?

• @YorkExile said:
    If the left-footed Tafazolli signs, do we think that will be our defensive business complete?

LB needed to back up JJ.

• edited August 2020

@JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:

Not yet. Would imagine he'll command a decent wage - will it be worth it for a Number 2 keeper or is it better spent elsewhere is the question.

Who says he would be number 2? In any event, we can't start a championship season with one senior keeper.

• @mooneyman said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:

Who says he would be number 2? In any event, we can't start a championship season with one senior keeper.

That’s my view. I think Rocky is the better keeper, all things considered.

• @YorkExile said:
    If the left-footed Tafazolli signs, do we think that will be our defensive business complete?

Very likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make too many (or any) permanent attacking signings and go down the loan route instead - another Eze for example. Must be plenty of big clubs happy to lend Ainsworth and Dobbo their unpolished young diamonds now.

• I'm also surprised Stockdale would be the number 2. And I also still rate Rocky...

• Personally I think remaining business in order of importance is now 1 permanent CM ( ofoborh type), 1 left sided defender (tafazoli) and a keeper to compete with Rocky (stockdale maybe). Then hopefully we can add a few exciting loans, including a creative midfielder and another winger - Maghoma/Jonny Smith/ Andre Green have been rumoured as permanent attacking signings which would fit the bill there

• A left-back has to be near the top of that list as well - even if it's just a loanee.

• Bring back Jack Williams or Ryan Sellers

• Bring back Andy Reilly.

• Caption please @PBo.

On the Stockdale point, I may have misread something reposted on FB or Twatter. If so, I apologise (which I seem to being a lot lately!)

• Is that Jonny Smith in the black and amber?

• I would think were still another 6 or 7 players short for the 1st Team, any thoughts ?

• I hope we manage to get one of the great attacking / centre forward youngsters that are currently sitting in an Under 23 team for one of the big premier clubs.

As a Championship (love typing that) club we must now be quite an attractive proposition for these players

• Someone who scores or provides goals has to be the absolute priority.
    The hardest type of player to bring in of course. Especially as they'll need to work like a trojan as well.

• @Malone said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@thedieharder said:
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/august/gallery-southampton-u23-0-1-wycombe/

Does anyone recognise the guy to the left of Ikpeazu in the seventh photo? It can't be Rolando Aarons.

He kind of looks like Danny Loader. I know he has just gone to Porto but at such a young age, is a loan move out of the question. He was in our youth team and we were linked with him 2 years ago somehow.

I checked google images, and I don't see much likeness at all there

> @Wanderers82 said:

lol absolute no chance that is Danny loader , l he is not going to leave reading to come to wycombe

He wasn't getting game time at Reading. Doubt he will with Porto....

• @JohnBoy said:

@mooneyman said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:

@micra said:

That’s my view. I think Rocky is the better keeper, all things considered.

Sticking with this view!

• we are miles off it anyway and he is playing for a reason.

• But enigmatic @franatki.

• What are we miles off and who is playing for what reason?

• I think (though I could be wrong) what @franatki is saying is we are well off the required levels at this point in pre-season so no surprise mistakes are made and Stockdale is playing because he's better than Rocky.

• That makes sense.

• But is nonsense.

• @micra said:
    But is nonsense.

I try not to judge @micra :smiley:

• yes because Alsopp has never made mistakes has he lol and has certainly not played at the level Stockdale has.

don't forget Stockdale has been in the full England squad twice in his career.

@micra said:
    But is nonsense.