Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• edited September 2020

That made me chuckle again this morning...GA is really up against it!

• Malachi Linton is very very quick, or was before his injury

• @JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:
    It’s about to kick off. Official twitter suggesting we’re about to announce four new signings?

But will they be Gasroom ready? Will they be good enough for the squad which presently isn't good enough? Limbs!

Not unless one of them is Curtis Jones.

Why are people not taking my reckoning for aiming for players like Curtis Jones seriously. When we were in League 2, we signed Lee Sawyer from Chelsea. At the time, and without name dropping - Brendan Rodgers told me that this lad had serious potential to be better than Steven Gerrard. For a number of personal reasons, that didn't work out for Sawyer - but why would it be so unrealistic to go for Jones?

We were linked with him last year and it wasn't a joke - but now it is?

• edited October 2020

@thecatwwfc said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:
    It’s about to kick off. Official twitter suggesting we’re about to announce four new signings?

But will they be Gasroom ready? Will they be good enough for the squad which presently isn't good enough? Limbs!

Why are people not taking my reckoning for aiming for players like Curtis Jones seriously. When we were in League 2, we signed Lee Sawyer from Chelsea. At the time, and without name dropping - Brendan Rodgers told me that this lad had serious potential to be better than Steven Gerrard. For a number of personal reasons, that didn't work out for Sawyer - but why would it be so unrealistic to go for Jones?

Do you honestly think we have even a remote chance of signing Curtis Jones ?

• Even with all the Bayo-Klopp mateyness, we're not getting one of their star youngsters who is on the fringe of their first team!

• edited October 2020

@thecatwwfc said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:

Because he is playing for them regularly in cup games and from the bench and because they sell their best youngsters like Brewster, Hoever, Solanke and Ibe for 10-25m? Next. Btw where did Adeniran come from, or Ofoborh, or Eze, had you heard of them?

• Interesting post match interview with GA (on i-follow and club website) where he talks about 2 more signing being lined up and Rob Gouhig fully supporting him and providing the budget for this

• Fingers crossed they're game changers!

• @Username said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:

Do you honestly think we have even a remote chance of signing Curtis Jones ?

My initial comment was "like" Curtis Jones. You decided yourself to take it litterally.

• I’ll leave @Username to point out your spin on what you said @thecatwwfc.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:

Because he is playing for them regularly in cup games and from the bench and because they sell their best youngsters like Brewster, Hoever, Solanke and Ibe for 10-25m? Next. Btw where did Adeniran come from, or Ofoborh, or Eze, had you heard of them?

Plays for them regularly....but only in cup games...oh and only from the bench. Brewster was on loan in the championship. Solanke and Ibe play in the championship. Your argument holds zero backup/facts.

Adeniran came from Everton.
    Oforborh Bournemouth and Eze QPR. What is your point? That we can not possibly loan a prem player?

• @micra said:
    I’ll leave @Username to point out your spin on what you said @thecatwwfc.

Literally*

No, please join in. Why is it impossible for us to loan people like that? We are championship now. Money does not come into it beacause there are certain deals where wages are covered by the parent club.

• OK @thecatwwfc , happy to do so but please be patient as I am unbelievably slow at typing. The spin was to refer to ..”like Curtis Jones” early in your post but omitting to acknowledge that you’d asked later in the post why it was so unrealistic to go for Jones. @Username quoted Adenarin, Eze, and Ofoborh I imagine because few if any of us had heard of them until they came on loan. As I understand it Curtis Jones name has been bandied about quite widely for some time.
    Hope I’ve got that right @Username.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:

Plays for them regularly....but only in cup games...oh and only from the bench. Brewster was on loan in the championship. Solanke and Ibe play in the championship. Your argument holds zero backup/facts.

Oforborh Bournemouth and Eze QPR. What is your point? That we can not possibly loan a prem player?

Oh dear, we'll get players like your mate sawyers and the others that haven't broken in to the first team yet and they'll do well, we won't get players regularly in the match day squad. Half of the premier league would probably want Jones on loan and would be able to pay his full wages. Brewster was on loan to one of the biggest teams in the championship just out of the Prem with a manager who used to be a Liverpool coach.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:

@JohnBoy said:

Oh dear, we'll get players like your mate sawyers and the others that haven't broken in to the first team yet and they'll do well, we won't get players regularly in the match day squad. Half of the premier league would probably want Jones on loan and would be able to pay his full wages. Brewster was on loan to one of the biggest teams in the championship just out of the Prem with a manager who used to be a Liverpool coach.

spot on....who ever thinks we have a chance of signing Jones on loan lives in cloud cuckoo land

• Expect to hear from @Username very shortly.

• edited October 2020

@micra said:
    OK @thecatwwfc , happy to do so but please be patient as I am unbelievably slow at typing. The spin was to refer to ..”like Curtis Jones” early in your post but omitting to acknowledge that you’d asked later in the post why it was so unrealistic to go for Jones. @Username quoted Adenarin, Eze, and Ofoborh I imagine because few if any of us had heard of them until they came on loan. As I understand it Curtis Jones name has been bandied about quite widely for some time.

Pretty well summed up.

If he can't see the gulf in reputational difference between Jones and other players we've signed then he just doesn't follow football that closely.

@thecatwwfc You realise players and parent clubs will look beyond simply what division a club is in. Clubs like Swansea can get players like Brewster on loan (who would be comparable to Jones) as they can pay the wages, maybe a significant loan fee and are an attractive proposition aiming for promotion for the players, we just aren't in that same market to be attracting players worth 10-20 million to scrap against relegation.

• the Guardian suggesting that Leicester defender/midfielder, Josh Knight "who spent last season at Peterborough, is set to join Wycombe on loan".

• @our_frank said:
    the Guardian suggesting that Leicester defender/midfielder, Josh Knight "who spent last season at Peterborough, is set to join Wycombe on loan".

Scored against us at AP last season

• The Guardian clearly don't know we are going further north for our loan talent. Silly them.

• A Leicester fan posted this in another forum i use.

• announceknight

• I see Josh’s middle name is Michael. His parents clearly had a sense of humour

• @Username said:

@micra said:
    OK @thecatwwfc , happy to do so but please be patient as I am unbelievably slow at typing. The spin was to refer to ..”like Curtis Jones” early in your post but omitting to acknowledge that you’d asked later in the post why it was so unrealistic to go for Jones. @Username quoted Adenarin, Eze, and Ofoborh I imagine because few if any of us had heard of them until they came on loan. As I understand it Curtis Jones name has been bandied about quite widely for some time.

Pretty well summed up.

If he can't see the gulf in reputational difference between Jones and other players we've signed then he just doesn't follow football that closely.

@thecatwwfc You realise players and parent clubs will look beyond simply what division a club is in. Clubs like Swansea can get players like Brewster on loan (who would be comparable to Jones) as they can pay the wages, maybe a significant loan fee and are an attractive proposition aiming for promotion for the players, we just aren't in that same market to be attracting players worth 10-20 million to scrap against relegation.

I understand your points completely.

I dont mean just Jones...players like Jones perhaps would have been a better way of putting it.

Answer me this though....why did we look close to signing him last season, but cant this season??

• We weren’t close to signing him last season, and this season he’s playing for Liverpool. How’s that?

• A bot generated transfer rumours doesn't = closer to signing him

• @Username said:

@micra said:

Pretty well summed up.

And also, Jones is not comparible to Brewster whatsoever. Different positions for starters. Rhian has played for England U21s a number of times, Jones has only just received first call up. Brewster has also just been sold for £23.5m, nobody would pay that for Jones, yet.

https://www-empireofthekop-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.empireofthekop.com/2020/10/03/klopp-explains-difference-between-brewster-and-curtis-jones-after-23-5m-rhian-sale/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a2&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16019246044814&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/10/03/klopp-explains-difference-between-brewster-and-curtis-jones-after-23-5m-rhian-sale/> @drcongo said:

We weren’t close to signing him last season, and this season he’s playing for Liverpool. How’s that?

Yes we were

• @Username said:
    A bot generated transfer rumours doesn't = closer to signing

It was legit. No point even trying with you guys?

• Josh Knight to be confirmed at 9pm per club twitter.