Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• Starting with Rotherham.

• The performance, although expected, lays down a benchmark. Has to be that much effort, at least, each and every week

• I’ve diverted you from the Brentford thread @Twizz !

• Up to your old tricks again @micra

• Tee hee lol ????

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@prufrock_91 said:
    I imagine we'll offer Stockdale something as he clearly loves it here, plus his competition has improved Rocky. Only issue is whether his love of the club will override whether he's fine to be a number 2 on small wages.

I love it at Wycombe too. Where should I go to get my contract offer?

If you had an England call up on your Cv and were still not "too old" then yes.

If (big If) Stockdale can refind his previous form he could be one of the best players we've ever owned, I can see why he's worth a gamble

• @Username said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@prufrock_91 said:
    I imagine we'll offer Stockdale something as he clearly loves it here, plus his competition has improved Rocky. Only issue is whether his love of the club will override whether he's fine to be a number 2 on small wages.

I love it at Wycombe too. Where should I go to get my contract offer?

If you had an England call up on your Cv and were still not "too old" then yes.

If (big If) Stockdale can refind his previous form he could be one of the best players we've ever owned, I can see why he's worth a gamble

Depending on what his contract would be then yes I also think he's worth it. Fully Wycombised and undoubtedly has more than enough quality to be a great keeper that will push Rocky on.

• It could definitely un-Ravel very quickly...

• The exact opposite character to what we usually go for!

• Sadly I would put Ravel in the Dean Morgan category of 'disaster waiting to happen'. Amazing talent. Could have been one of the greats. Potential to kill a dressing room stone dead. Some top managers, and top people have tried and tried with him but no good has come of it.

• Sorry, but who are you guys discussing here?

• Guessing from @TheAndyGrahamFanClub's post it's Ravel Morrison, as that post is a perfect description of him.

• Seems extremely unlikely for a number of reasons, but I can’t say I wouldn’t be excited if we signed him.

• Same. The only way I can see this happening is if Gaz really wants that "Sign a star player" XP trophy.

• The Stockdale signing is decent and will hopefully drive Rocky to another level competitively. Can see Yates going out on loan somewhere for the season to get experience.

It is "head in the clouds" thinking, but the longer Jordon Ibe remains unsigned by anyone, the more I think we might pinch him on a one year, low wage (for him, high for us!) deal to allow him to showcase his ability on the understanding that we wouldn't stand in his way for a move to another club.

Personally wouldn't take Ravel. Looks very much like a talented player with a poor attitude, and those players don't tend to last in our dynamic at all. Would rather spend the money on a few loanees from PL clubs if possible.

• Regarding Ravel Morrison, he has been pretty much barred from 'Every last chance saloon', but I wonder if Gareth is thinking Bayo could maybe take him under his wing, and show him the essence of getting maximum out of your strengths ?
    Still seems unlikely though.

• edited September 2020

Ravel Morrison's history is awful, Gaz wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

• Ainsworth and Dobbo aren't here to rehabilitate bad eggs - they want players who already have the right attitude but who maybe need extra psychological and emotional support.

Just a quick read of Morrison's legal history on Wiki (homophobic abuse, domestic violence) suggests he's not the sort of person I'd want near our very special dressing room.

• We need talented players who have something to prove but who are not emotionally unstable. For that reason I say no to Mr Morrison.

• I'm finding this all rather sad

• We will surely sign a midfielder today, right? We can't really start the season having to pick three from Bloomfield, Thompson, Pattison and Freeman?

• Before @aloysius gets a load of abuse... I have to say I tend to agree

• Whilst I agree longer term its only the first game, Ainsworth has stated that those that got promotion deserve a shot and the transfer window is open for ages yet.

Patience

• @aloysius said:
    We will surely sign a midfielder today, right? We can't really start the season having to pick three from Bloomfield, Thompson, Pattison and Freeman?

If we can't sign the "right" midfielder for the squad at the moment it is surely better to play McCarthy if necessary.

• 4 for 2 or 3 positions with others that could probably fill in isn't a disaster to start the season although you'd hope for maybe another, still think our remaining business may be a few more weeks away when transfer windows are about to be closed and clubs might be stuck with players they don't want and no bids, or out of contract players holding out for offers not coming in start to see everyone else playing and want back in.

• Thinking about it there are also probably players up and down the country who think they are starting on Saturday that won't make the 11 or even the bench and might want words with their managers in a game or two in.

• Would be a massive knock for Thompson and Pattison if McCarthy was preferred in midfield to them.
    Some seem be dismissing both as first team players before the season has started.

We do need more midfield options over the season but we are fine for tomorrow. Who knows we could be talking about them in the same surprised tones I heard last week about Josh Parker. They are all League One promotion winners.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Before @aloysius gets a load of abuse... I have to say I tend to agree

Am I still okay to give @aloysius a load of abuse after you’ve agreed?*

I think it’s an area we need to strengthen before the transfer window closes but as others have suggested we need to get the right fit rather than a knee-jerk reaction to Gape’s unfortunate unavailability.

*Not that I would. I find his/her posts generally thoughtful (from the healthy sceptical end of the spectrum)

• It’s a very different situation (less pressing for a start) but wouldn’t it be nice to have a Mawson moment tomorrow. I’ll never forget the commentary on that match at Newport, thinking who is this Mawson who seems to be playing such a key defensive role.