Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• edited August 2020

True, although I'm slightly surprised the bigger clubs aren't taking advantage of the current circumstances and trying to get him relatively cheap (or maybe they are and it's just been kept very quiet...).

• He's only 22. Play every week and do well for one of the lower lights in the premier and likely he would be snapped up by a bigger boy by the time he is 24. Would he get into say Tottenham team now?

• ``````> @chairboyscentral said:

No disrespect to Fulham, but Eze deserves better than that.

"No disrespect..." is rarely followed by anything remotely respectful

• @eric_plant said:
    ``````> @chairboyscentral said:

Hence the need to say it.

• I would have thought Palace would probably want him to be the new Zaha if Wilf goes and Hodgson is a proven manager, so I would also be a bit dubious of going to Fulham considering how their last Premier League season went.

• Yes that’s one that would seem to make sense for both clubs and player really.

If it goes through, it will be interesting to see how he gets used this season.

I think Grimmer might just have the edge at right back but McCarthy will run him close and it’d be good to have two such accomplished performers to choose from.

Is he good enough at centre-back to be our third choice?

Possibly, although that’s a bit of a risk, I’d have him as fourth choice though.

• edited August 2020

Sounds like Tafazolli could be close too - that would give us cover at LCB. McCarthy obviously covers RB and RCB, with Phillips there if need be. I think we'd be ok with that - as any DM we bring in may be able to slot in at CB as a last resort.

• I see that Luton Town are following a Leicester City midfielder. Shame we aren’t he played on loan last season for Blackpool and scored against us. Really good player

• Excellent news if it comes off...we're going to need all the defensive hands we can get next season.

• Yes if the moves come off, Stewart, Charles, Tafazolli , Phillips, McCarthy, Grimmer and JJ would leave us in pretty good shape defensively.

Need another left back still as understudy to Joe. Still surprised we didn’t persevere with Mascoll.

• @NorsQuarters said:

@eric_plant said:
    ``````> @chairboyscentral said:

Hence the need to say it.

That doesn't make any sense

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    Yes if the moves come off, Stewart, Charles, Tafazolli , Phillips, McCarthy, Grimmer and JJ would leave us in pretty good shape defensively.

Need another left back still as understudy to Joe. Still surprised we didn’t persevere with Mascoll.

I agree with all of this

• If today's two are Tafazolli and McCarthy it would represent a great day of business. Slightly cryptic tweet about David Stockdale earlier as well...

• Has there been any breaking news teasers released?

• @floyd I'm glad I wasn't the only one possibly reading too much into those tweets! Another one that you could definitely see happening, though... ?

• @chairboyscentral Hopefully soon we'll see some tweets about how special Oboforh's socks are, or something...

• @floyd said:
    If today's two are Tafazolli and McCarthy it would represent a great day of business. Slightly cryptic tweet about David Stockdale earlier as well...

I would be delighted with Tafazolli,

• Looks like Southampton youth team graduates fit Gareth's bill with regard to character if we get McCarthy, Gape and Tafazolli!

• Are these two possible signings in the bizarre category? Just want to check if I am missing some in joke before getting too excited about another possible McCarthy return

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Are these two possible signings in the bizarre category? Just want to check if I am missing some in joke before getting too excited about another possible McCarthy return

this is the time we need richemu and his insider knowledge...we would know what they are getting paid as well.

• The club are having to get used to deals being in the press before we announce them this season.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Are these two possible signings in the bizarre category? Just want to check if I am missing some in joke before getting too excited about another possible McCarthy return

I thinks it's kind of turned into the any transfer news/ speculation thread, realistic or non

• Also... Any of the current names being thrown into the pot still seems bizarre to me, as they are not the calibre of player we would be connected with if we were not in the championship this season!!

• @Alexo said:
    Also... Any of the current names being thrown into the pot still seems bizarre to me, as they are not the calibre of player we would be connected with if we were not in the championship this season!!

Phillips and McCarthy probably wouldn't have been totally out of the question would they?

• @Malone said:

@Alexo said:
    Also... Any of the current names being thrown into the pot still seems bizarre to me, as they are not the calibre of player we would be connected with if we were not in the championship this season!!

Phillips and McCarthy probably wouldn't have been totally out of the question would they?

Philips.... No probably not.... I don't think McCarthy would be potentially on his way back were we to be playing in league 1.... I could very well be wrong

• https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/august/gallery-southampton-u23-0-1-wycombe/

Does anyone recognise the guy to the left of Ikpeazu in the seventh photo? It can't be Rolando Aarons.

• @thedieharder said:
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/august/gallery-southampton-u23-0-1-wycombe/

Does anyone recognise the guy to the left of Ikpeazu in the seventh photo? It can't be Rolando Aarons.

Definitely not him, unless he's henched up and changed his face.

• Have I forgotten someone, or is this a new person too?

• @drcongo said:
    Have I forgotten someone, or is this a new person too?

Pattison?