Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• Ah, did make me wonder, thanks for that. I did think you had to have better qualities than being an uber moron, drinking a few cans of red stripe and smearing the blood over your hooter to make the wound look more serious than it was to be a hack.

• Pretty sure he's a student

• Didn't know there was a course to qualify as a dickhead. If there is, he has a good chance of getting a distinction!

• edited April 2017

I notice I've been dragged into this somehow. Have read through all 6 pages of this thread and find it astonishing that the actions of Aaron Pierre are being condoned by virtually everyone except a handful of people.
    Was going to ignore it but will give a report of the events.
    We were in the Tesco Express opposite the Hour Glass and I was on the phone booking a taxi from there. Aaron was at the cashpoint and then got back in his car and headed back towards the ground - presumably needed more cash for the 500 club event.
    I understand a gesture was made at the car, which I'll admit I didn't see. Aaron then stopped at the mini-roundabout blocking the road causing a traffic jam. Got out the car and squared up to the victim. He said something and the vicitim replied. Aaron then threw the head butt, got back in his car and drove off.
    Both parties were in the wrong but for a professional footballer to head butt a fan who contributes to his wages is unacceptable and he shouldn't play for the club again. Imagine the uproar if it was a Premier League footballer....
    I noticed a cctv camera above the incident, which Tesco said they'd view. We decided to go to the ground where Damian Irvine had already been contacted by Tesco. Barry Richardson & Bloomfield came out. Barry knew about it already as Aaron had gone in and told him immediately (knowing he'd f****d up).
    Those 3 (Irvine, Richardson, Bloomfield) and Michael Davies were very helpful and understanding to be fair to them.

At the end of the day, both parties were wrong but to be condoning Aaron's actions, and in some cases celebrating them, is absolutely ridiculous and quite frankly disgraceful.

• You lot should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm guessing you're grown men so you should know better than to defend assault, or to then go and bully the person who has been assaulted. You all need to grow up and get a life and accept that just because Pierre's a footballer who you like, doesn't mean he can go around headbutting people who you don't like.

• No, "disgraceful" is this bunch of immature cunts who think it's OK to abuse players in the street. Fuck the lot of them.

@clifty04 I'm not sure we dragged you into this. Looks like you did that yourself.

Where's your tweet to Stokes' mum grassing him up for starting it?

• edited April 2017

So what you're saying is that, next time this bunch of "immature cunts" see you, they can headbutt you for abusing them on here? Literally grow the fuck up you said someone should be made captain because they assaulted someone for saying they had a bad game

• @wyc1010 said:
    You lot should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm guessing you're grown men so you should know better than to defend assault, or to then go and bully the person who has been assaulted. You all need to grow up and get a life and accept that just because Pierre's a footballer who you like, doesn't mean he can go around headbutting people who you don't like.

Welcome to the gasroom - nice you've decided to join at this particular time.

Aaron Pierre should've stayed out of it but it's not a bad thing if mouthy turds start to think twice before hurling abuse at people who shouldn't have to take it.

• If an opposition player had done the same, I guarantee nobody here would slate the fan 'hurling abuse'. You'd all say the player is totally in the wrong. Time to remove the blue tinted spectacles....

• edited April 2017

Mr Clift, I think it's less condoning, and more a sad realisation that your group have been skirting the line of acceptable behaviour for a long while, and it was inevitable that someone would get sick of it eventually.

It's a massive regret that it happened to be one of our best players!

• So the dick did cause it. Give it out then you take it. No one is condoning the action of Pierre but no smoke without fire is there. But you lot think it's ok to abuse anyone who plays for Wycombe. Why do you bother to go? Fucking sort it out like men, don't go running to teacher. You lot give it out but can't take it.

• @arnos_grove I'm not saying he shouldn't have said what he said, but people are literally defending a criminal offence and abusing a fan because they said a mean thing about them

• So @clifty04 just to be clear. AP as a professional footballer should never play again for WWFC. And the 'fan'? Never be allowed to attend a game again. Yeah. I reckon that's fair.

• Is abusing/threatening someone in the street actually acceptable? Or does that actually constitute a "criminal offence" in itself out of interest?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub - If a customer criticised me at work and I reacted by head butting them I'd be sacked. But the customer would be allowed to use the company again!

• It's tragic that supporters of Wycombe Wanderers are hell-bent on causing trouble over this.

I remember Keith Ryan getting my mate into a headlock outside the London Bus Emporium in a case of mistaken fanzine writer identity. I don't recall him crying to John Goldsworthy or running off to the police station. Perhaps if he had been as lame as this Stokes clown, Keith's lovely man image would've been wrecked forever.

Finally, I also contribute to Pierre's wages and would like to place it on record that I am fairly relaxed about him dealing with this abusive fan, who will hopefully keep his trap shut in the future.

• edited April 2017

The only small positive, is that it's Pierre now, who most likely would only have had 4 games left with us anyway.
    If this gang had cost us Pierre after he'd signed his 3 year deal, I'm pretty certain the levels of resentment some of us feel towards them anyway, would be absolutely off the scale.

• @clifty04 said:
    TheAndyGrahamFanClub - If a customer criticised me at work and I reacted by head butting them I'd be sacked. But the customer would be allowed to use the company again!

It'll be interesting to see what the 'criticism' was. You make it sound quite reasonable. I'm betting it wasn't.

• So he was driving back to the ground when a "gesture" was made and what pray tell was the "gesture" a wave, a thumbs up perhaps a come hither curling of the index finger or something else

• @clifty04 Given you were there at all times, can you state with categorical assurance that your friend did not wipe blood over his nose before the photo was taken to make the so-called headbutt appear worse than it was?

• @clifty04 If he's a big enough man to shout abuse at someone (foul abuse I believe) then he should be man enough to take on the fella face to face. Not hide behind the belief he can't be touched cos he is a footballer. And then to make it worse go crying to the club with a ickle mark on his nose

Whatever the outcome as you have called him a customer the club should say we don't need your business anymore. I don't condone AP but I sure as hell ain't gonna condemn him either.

• Observation: @clift04 refers to Stokes as the victim. Everything points to Stokes as the instigator at least if not the perpetrator. Just saying.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub - A professional footballer, who's supposedly a role model and is in the public domain has assaulted a member of the public, in public. You may claim it's an "ickle mark", but the size of the mark is irrelevant? The club had to be informed as it's quite a serious incident. As AP himself knew by running straight to Gaz & Barry when getting back to the 500 club event.

@aloysius I can confirm, the blood appeared on his nose after the head butt and wasn't smeared, rubbed further etc at any point.

• @wyc1010 I don't know if the people here are particularly grown-up, but, on the whole, they seem old enough to know:

not to be mindlessly rude to people

how to defuse awkward situations, including apologising if they've been a dick

how to accept the consequences of their actions if they have been a dick and not go crying to mummy

that other people don't have a higher level of responsibility to them than they do to others, even if that other person is well-known

not to think that because they have watched someone play football, they can insult him in the street (and not, frankly, to be inclined to do so)

to choose the company they keep with a modicum of care

that footballers, like other people, don't tend to take exception as they go about their every day lives to unexceptional behaviour

I've currently zero sympathy for this Stokes bloke and plenty for AP. Without having had the advantage of ten minutes in Stokes's company, as I have with AP, I know which one I'd rather have as part of the club.

• @clifty04 no-one was doing their job of work when this alleged incident took place. It was two citizens in the public place. For the events to occur how you describe the initial provocation was probably bad enough to be a criminal offence.
    I'm guessing you are pretty upset you attempts to frame Jamal Blackman didn't lead to more. You could be basking in the glory right now.

Aaron Pierre is a great player for us. He's shown a great attitude and I've seen no drop in performance or attitude with his contract running down. He has my support over these allegations. I hope the truth comes out and I hope the scum causing this upset are drummed out of the club. That includes you @clifty04

• @Older_and_Wiser , in any other scenario, if you said you went up to a random person and abused them, and got punched/headbutted, most people would say you got what you deserved.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub please tell me you're joking. You're saying that just because you shout something at someone then they're well within their rights to smack you?? Jesus Christ the state of some of you lot on here

• @clifty04 Presumably, applying your reasoning, you've reported the person responsible for the abusive gesture that initiated this whole thing to the police.

• For all those that say a professional sportsman should be aware of their actions in public, I have to say I disagree with that. No person no matter who they are should have to face abuse in the street, it doesn't matter whether you're a professional footballer or a worker in McDonald's. it's a very unpleasant thing to encounter and if anything I don't think AP went far enough, also as a side note who finds the twitter picture and paragraph a little bit staged? Who after getting apparently clouted in the face would immediately take a selfie and post it online. As a fellow Wycombe fan even I have to admit we have some proper retards supporting this club

• edited April 2017

@StrongestTeam everyone's entitled to their opinion though. Someone decided that Harriman was man of the match yesterday for example, so you don't know it was an abusive wind up attempt, it may have just been his honest opinion, Pierre should've just accepted that, maybe sworn at him that would've been fair enough, but if you headbutt someone on a night out because they call you a cunt, you get arrested, why should it be any different for a footballer