Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• edited April 2017

The Trust should have been proactive and banned George Stokes and his cronies long ago.

• This "victim" describes himself as a "sports journalist" on his twitter bio. I think he missed the lesson on building relationships.

I have no sympathy for him and his mob of mates. They swagger around like they own the place drunkenly abusing everyone in sight because "loyal supporters" and then run and cry to teacher the second someone dares stands up to them. Replace AP with stewards/other fans/train passengers that don't like their version of "banter" it's the same reaction every time.

AP shouldn't have done it and it doesn't make it right, but I'm sure he wouldn't have reacted without sufficient provocation, and the victims version of what was said does not tally with his own behaviour over the last few years.

• M3GM3G
    edited April 2017

Well I've already contacted the club and told them I'm cancelling my 500 club payments in protest if this type of thing is allowed to ruin a players legacy and playing contract at Wycombe. I am not saying that Pierre if he did react was right. But players should not be subjected​ to personal abuse, especially unfounded in this case by half cut losers without the right to reply. Social media is the devil sometimes

• 100% in agreement with Chasharps post.

Fidget while I fully understand the sentiment, just about the last thing the club needs are further unpleasant incidents. A match on monday in the area is unfortunate timing. If aaron Pierre is playing on Monday, actually even if he is not, I would hope that the decent supporters of WWFC will make their support of him very clear. I wish I could be there to do so.

I am afraid the club itself must take a fair bit of responsibility here. For too long this group of yobs have been allowed to attach themselves to the club and regularly to embarrass its name. There appears to have been little or no attempt to rein in their behaviour. It always felt inevitable that sooner or later there would be a significant price to pay. If reports are true, the chickens roosted last night. Decent supporters should demand from the club that this ends now.

• I also wish I could be there on Monday just to show my support to AP but will do so next Saturday. If he has played his last game for Wycombe then he went out on a decent performance with an unbelievable goal line clearance. What a great player he's been the last few years of he does leave I hope he goes into have a successful career at a higher level

• edited April 2017

I find this desire to cast blame without real evidence quite distasteful. None of us on here knows what happened, what the level of provocation was or what mitigating circumstances there were. I'm sure the club and/or the police will do a thorough investigation. Here are some questions I hope they will ask:

1) Does the Tesco have external CCTV and if so, what does it show?
    2) In an area likely to have been full of people making their way back from the game, are there any independent witnesses to the incident, not part of the friendship circle of the accuser?
    3) If not, why not?
    4) What was the level of intoxication of the accuser and his friendship circle?
    5) Did the accuser and his friendship circle surround the accused in an intimidatory or threatening way?
    6) Did the accuser or any of his friendship circle lay hands on the accused before the alleged head butt?
    7) The only evidence of violence appears to be a photo of some blood smeared on the otherwise undamaged nose of the accuser. Did he seek medical treatment?
    8) If not, why not?
    9) Is there any independent corroboration from a medical professional that the blood smear on the bridge of the nose is consistent with a head-butt?
    10) Has there been any history between the accused and the accuser in the past that might count as extenuating circumstances? For example, has the accuser previously tweeted abusing or derogatory comments directly to the accused?

• @ChasHarps said:
    I can see a beacon of light coming out of this alleged incident.
    Firstly im pretty sure Aaron would be moving up a league or two in the close season.
    But now maybe other potential clubs chasing Pierre's service, along with there solicitors maybe nervous about handing him a contract whilst this allegation hangs over him.
    In turn Wanderers big wigs, give Aaron 100% backing, whilst wafting that juicy new contract offer under his nose.
    Inturn Wanderers supporters give a player who has shed blood,sweat and tears for the cause, there overwhelming vocal support.
    As simply Aaron Pierre has been an absolute colossus over the past 4 seasons, and its time we showed how much we appreciate him.

POTD

• @aloysius You do state the bleeding obvious! Maybe you could pop your bullet points over to the local police.

• @DevC - Most sensible post you have ever made on this forum. Well done.

• @M3G I don't know how punishing the club by cancelling your 500 club payments helps its not their fault this Stokes character is a cock the statement they put out makes sense they've received a complaint and they have to investigate it.

• Sounds like two adult men should meet up , apologise to each other , shake hands and move on.

• It's more a threat than a promise. It's how I want to protest if I feel Aaron is punished in what I see as a unjustified attack on him, regardless of his actions in they way he reacted, if indeed it's true. This lad will split the clubs support. So it's best he is dealt with​. You can imagine what​ Monday will be like if he shows his face or nose!

• Lets hope commonsense prevails, Maybe the club can invite the chap who was allegedly butted and a few of his pals into the boardroom and share a couple of pints with Aaron, and all shake hands and apologise.
    Frustration is a part of life, lets not escalate the so called incident as simply everyone will lose out in this instance.
    But its the headbutt that didnt happen is what we should all be talking about, When Alex 'the not so brave', turned his back on that header. Ive not seen such a cowardice
    act during a match, since 'Goggles Mcgoo' pulled out of a header at Fernie Fields during an under 11's match, as he was trying to preserve his sky blue NHS spectacles !!
    Their wasnt even flying boots near Jakubiak, when he had a gilt edged chance to get us a point. O'nien was rightly livid with him.

• @aloysius said:
    I find this desire to cast blame without real evidence quite distasteful. None of us on here knows what happened, what the level of provocation was or what mitigating circumstances there were. I'm sure the club and/or the police will do a thorough investigation. Here are some questions I hope they will ask:

1) Does the Tesco have external CCTV and if so, what does it show?
    2) In an area likely to have been full of people making their way back from the game, are there any independent witnesses to the incident, not part of the friendship circle of the accuser?
    3) If not, why not?
    4) What was the level of intoxication of the accuser and his friendship circle?
    5) Did the accuser and his friendship circle surround the accused in an intimidatory or threatening way?
    6) Did the accuser or any of his friendship circle lay hands on the accused before the alleged head butt?
    7) The only evidence of violence appears to be a photo of some blood smeared on the otherwise undamaged nose of the accuser. Did he seek medical treatment?
    8) If not, why not?
    9) Is there any independent corroboration from a medical professional that the blood smear on the bridge of the nose is consistent with a head-butt?
    10) Has there been any history between the accused and the accuser in the past that might count as extenuating circumstances? For example, has the accuser previously tweeted abusing or derogatory comments directly to the accused?

Until this is investigated fully then it's all speculation. Aloysius lays out some pertinent questions, the answers to which are as yet unknown. If it did indeed happen then I trust club and the Police to investigate fully and determine sanctions with a full consideration of the facts. On the other hand, if this turns out to be complete fabrication by the complainant, what should the response be? I'd like to think the club bans him for life and in addition the Players Union and the club sue for slander if he did indeed report it verbally and libel for the twitter post. Perhaps if he made it up he'll try to pass it off as some form of "banter" but the consequences for AP and our club of such false allegation warrant a response that makes it clear this is something that will not be tolerated. And for that matter, if no alleged assault took place but it was reported to the Police then I hope consideration of the offence of wasting police time will be made.

• From the accuser on Twitter this morning: "I didn't actually think he had an awful game. I was very clearly just messing around."

I find it a very strange way to support your team if, on accidentally encountering one of the players off duty, you find it acceptable to tell them they are rubbish, just for a laugh.

• There were plenty of witnesses, including some people I do trust to tell the truth. It happened, and we're not going to see AP in a Wycombe shirt again, he'll be suspended while the investigation is carried out which will be longer than the remainder of our already ended season.

The guy was an idiot but so was Pierre, if he played for the club again it'd make the wrong type of headlines for a "family" club - suggesting that it's ok to physically assault someone who's been verbally abusive.

He'd also get dogs abuse from the terrace. They're the people that make the noise and he'll be public enemy number 1 now.

• Your right he won't play for Wycombe again particularly as he wouldn't be here next season regardless of the alleged assault. However you are wrong that he would be abused from the terrace, other than by a small handful of morons, who, if the Trust had any bottle would have been banned before now.

• @mooneyman said:
    Your right he won't play for Wycombe again particularly as he wouldn't be here next season regardless of the alleged assault. However you are wrong that he would be abused from the terrace, other than by a small handful of morons, who, if the Trust had any bottle would have been banned before now.

They're the group that make the majority of the noise and they would abuse him, the fact he has support from others won't change that.

• It's awkward when you start getting into realms of who to ban.

There will be always be a more "vocal" group, often the youngsters, before they grow up a bit. There's a few older types who hang about amongst them, but generally it's the younger crowd.

So how would you mete out your bans? Anyone who goes to a pub before the game? Anyone who swears, shouts stuff out etc? It's not that easy

• None of that group are going to get banned unless they do anything really stupid/ against the law or obviously out of place at a football match so don't pretend they are.

It happens at every football club, and if they did all get banned the atmosphere at WWFC matches would non existent.

• M3GM3G
    edited April 2017

@Username Don't be a mug. The rest of the fans will just enforce more support for Pierre. I doubt he will give two fucks about the morons who don't support the team. You lot bang on about making an atmosphere but what you have done is poisoned it.

• @Manboobs you're absolutely right. IF Aaron Pierre is exonerated then there's an absolutely cut-and-dried case for defamation. The man is at the end of his contract, either hoping to renew with Wycombe or, more likely, move up to a higher level with a new club. This is exactly the time of the season managers are putting in place plans for the summer. This accusation could not have been better timed to cause financial detriment to the player and impact his career, which are the two key criteria for winning a defamation case. If nothing comes of this, I hope the PFA will support Pierre in suing.

• As many have said, the Trust have bottled dealing with these utter halfwits and this is where we've ended up. I also wholeheartedly endorse @ChasHarps comments earlier in the thread.

• @M3G said:
    Username Don't be a mug. The rest of the fans will just enforce more support for Pierre. I doubt he will give two fucks about the morons who don't support the team. You lot bang on about making an atmosphere but what you have done is poisoned it.

100%

• @M3G said:
    Username Don't be a mug. The rest of the fans will just enforce more support for Pierre. I doubt he will give two fucks about the morons who don't support the team. You lot bang on about making an atmosphere but what you have done is poisoned it.

Spot on.

• @M3G said:

The problem is the rest of the ground are pretty much silent most of the time so you're not going to drown out the group that will give out stick. And the fact it'll cause such an obvious divide is another reason the club won't let it happen

And it did happen Aloysius, there's plenty of witnesses too.... The club and police have been informed.

• Haven't posted on here in a while but jesus wept, there are some really strong blue tinted glasses on here. A professional sportsman has headbutted a fan? That is the end point. Pierre should be punished, doesn't matter if its Matt Bloomfield or Ronaldo, you have to remain professional under all circumstances. It's part and parcel when you sign up for a life in the public eye, celebrities, anyone famous will draw negative attention from people who are jealous or envious, it's life.

On the other hand if a racial comment was made, as someone accused on a previous page, then the 'fan' does need to be dealt with however, not physically though. But from reading all comments on Facebook on here, I do not believe that would be the case, I think and would hope that the world we live in today that there would have been no racial comments made.

Pierre will be dealt with and hopefully very quietly. It would be a PR disaster for the club if it went public/nationwide. Very good work from the club releasing a statement so quickly.

• Jesus Christ, have a day off. Not a chance in a month of sundays will Pierre sue for defamation. Open your eyes. The lad headbutted a fan who pays money to watch him? If he wants to make a negative comment in light of his performance then that's part of being a professional sportsperson.

• edited April 2017

You can't condone anyone headbutting another, let alone a representative of the club - but for the 'supporter', your allowance to give a player stick and boo ends when you're outside of the jurisdiction of the ground. Inside, you've paid you're money - fair game. Outside, it's just another person you're essentially telling is sh!t as his job.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    You can't condone anyone headbutting another, let alone a representative of the club - but for the 'supporter' your allowance to give a player stick and boo him ends when you're outside of the jurisdiction of the ground. Inside, you've paid you're money - fair game. Outside, it's just another person you're essentially telling is sh!t as his job.

Don't think anyone's said the guy who's been headbutted has been anything other than a complete moron, but that's not going to save AP