Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• The phrase "headbutt" sounds so violent and strong, and of course that's not on in any situation, bar some sort of extreme self defence one.

But having seen the photo, does anyone think a super built heavyweight would leave that little imprint? Must have been a very minor touch, more in keeping with the sort of handbags we see most weeks on the pitch

• @Malone said:
    The phrase "headbutt" sounds so violent and strong, and of course that's not on in any situation, bar some sort of extreme self defence one.

But having seen the photo, does anyone think a super built heavyweight would leave that little imprint? Must have been a very minor touch, more in keeping with the sort of handbags we see most weeks on the pitch

No one's saying he went in full force, but it's more than handbags. Anything more than a shoving match would end in a suspension.

• @Insider said:
    Jesus Christ, have a day off. Not a chance in a month of sundays will Pierre sue for defamation. Open your eyes. The lad headbutted a fan who pays money to watch him? If he wants to make a negative comment in light of his performance then that's part of being a professional sportsperson.

Well duh. If he assaulted a supporter then of course he will not sue and he has to take the punishment which should take into account all the facts such as whether it was a head butt, a push to get away because he was surrounded. That remains to be determined. If he didn't assault anyone then he has every right to expect his accuser to take any appropriate consequences that come his way.

And regarding taking a negative comment in light of his performance, in what way was his performance poor enough to warrant abuse in the street?

• Our trouble gang have become so used to being able to be as abusive as they like without any comeback, that they can literally not believe a guy who plays a very physical game based on confrontation, angry after a rubbish team performance, may, just may take exception to some boozed up oaf screaming abuse at him when he's not even at the ground any more.

• Obviously if AP actually did headbut a fan, he should be sacked. But that's a big if, and the more you consider the accuser, the circumstances and timing, and the photo on Twitter, the bigger the If becomes.

• @Malone said:
    Our trouble gang have become so used to being able to be as abusive as they like without any comeback, that they can literally not believe a guy who plays a very physical game based on confrontation, angry after a rubbish team performance, may, just may take exception to some boozed up oaf screaming abuse at him when he's not even at the ground any more.

Very true; it's hilarious them being called a gang.
    The vast majority of Wycombe fans are gentile, let's not allow a few idiots to poison the reputation. A cup tie at Elland Road next year will learn those Chelsea/Wycombe psuedo-chavs.

• "The vast majority of Wycombe fans are gentile".

Ditto the players.

• And most of the board.

• Would be much harder to attend the Saturday matches if we weren't.

• Still wondering, was there anyone on Aaron's table at the 500 club dinner, who goes on here and/or Facebook, and who could vouch for the times between which he was present?

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Still wondering, was there anyone on Aaron's table at the 500 club dinner, who goes on here and/or Facebook, and who could vouch for the times between which he was present?

Stop trying to find a way around it... This 100% happened.

• @Username At what time? And don't tell me you don't know.

• edited April 2017

@Insider no accusation of a racial slur has been made, I simply stated that I guess it was one or a comment about his family as Pierre (like all players) will be told he is shit week in,week out

• edited April 2017

I wasn't there, but 2 separate people who I do trust (and another couple who I don't) have said they witnessed it happening. The club and police have been informed. It's a question of how it's dealt with not whether it happened.

• Some context on timing regarding if AP could even have gone to the Tesco cash point and back and still been at the 500 club event.
    I left the ground by car at 17:45 yesterday - by which time there was already no traffic at all on Hillbottom Road. In fact i drove to Handy Cross Sports Centre by 17:56.

I then drove back to Adams Park and was parked up where some time after my arrival I witnessed the alleged victim discussing the matter with club officials at about 18:20.

My observations: -
    1) AP could easily have driven himself to the Tesco and back and still have been at the 500 Club event before say 17:50.
    2) The alleged incident must have occured at least several minutes before 18:20 - which is the timing of the Twitter post - for the alleged victim to be back at AP by then.
    3) Whilst simultaneously reporting the alleged incident to both the club and the police the alleged victim still found time to post on Twitter.

Whatever the true facts surrounding the alleged incident i hope the club treat AP fairly.
    Yes he has to remember that he still represents the club even when not on the field of play.
    Yes physical violence can not be condoned, whatever the provocation.
    However, if this had occured on the football pitch AP would have been rightly red carded resulting in a ban for 3 games and maybe a club fine.
    I hope this is the benchmark against which the club decide any action if if transpires the allegation is true.
    I also hope the club take note of the alternate view that if AP felt the alleged victims actions amounted to provocation and AP felt threatened then he had a right to act in self defence.

• Does anyone know what the new banning procedure the fans council were supposed to have discussed the other week was?

• Rarely post on here but reading through this thread I'm amazed that people are actually sticking up for AP, regardless of what the fan said AP attacked this person. The club should take appropriate action and given our reputation of a family friendly club AP should never play for us again!!

• But did he leave the ground at any point between the game finishing (shortly before 5.00), and the end of the 500 club dinner (around 6.30), and manage to get to Tesco's and back? All I know is that I saw him several times during the course of that event, and he looked perfectly fine to me.

• Tesco's is only up the road, it takes 5 minutes to pop there and back in a car. The traffic around the ground cleared up pretty quickly yesterday

• @WycombeWire said:
    Rarely post on here but reading through this thread I'm amazed that people are actually sticking up for AP, regardless of what the fan said AP attacked this person. The club should take appropriate action and given our reputation of a family friendly club AP should never play for us again!!

I'm amazed you see it so clearly! You used the word attacked? We're you a witness then?

• @WycombeWire it isn't necessarily the case that AP "attacked" anyone. It is probable from what is being said that he did make some contact with the person who made the allegation but the photographic evidence so far suggests this was unlikely to have been particularly violent (there is some blood on an otherwise undamaged-looking nose, which as those who have seen the effects of a true Glasgow Kiss will know is not typical of such an attack).

We don't know the context of such contact and until we do (if we ever do) we should keep an open mind.

I am not defending AP if he did go out of his way to attack anyone but at this stage we genuinely don't know the true circumstances

• @NewburyWanderer , come on pal, do keep up. It's pretty obvious, even when you despise the little gang and their behaviour that some incident has happened, and yes he made it there and back!

Such a shame that a tiny set of factors- him going to the Tesco/cashpoint, our booze friends (who are such good fans that they go the Hour Glass to spite our club rather than support them by buying at the ground) being outside at that moment, our young "friend" shouting abuse, Pierre reacting.
    Any one of those 4 factors being different and we have no story.

• Also it should be recognised that the behaviour and language of the alleged victim (admittedly on hearsay as I don't know the individual) hasn't exactly helped the case of us being considered a family friendly club in recent times.

• On a more general point there are notices on trains and in hospitals and no doubt elsewhere stating that anyone subjecting staff to verbal abuse shall be guilty of an offence (or similar - I'm not too sure of the wording). I really do hope that one output of this sorry episode is that we introduce something similar at Adams Park. There is no doubt at all in my mind that the vocal minority have poisoned the atmosphere in recent weeks with their constant abuse of our own players.

I know a lot has been said about a fair few of us being loud drunken idiots in our time before we got over it (or at least we lost the ability to be as loud anyway) but I can never really remember the hatred addressed to our own team.

How sad is it that there does seem to be real pleasure expressed by a few that they have managed to goad such a wonderful player for the club into such an out of character action that could easily end his career

• As a consequence of his little social media stunt, it won't be long before this thread gets indexed by Google and Google suggest will forever more look like this...

• I'm afraid to say, though I don't know the individual, he clearly has built a reputation for being at least three of the above. If the event happened as described, (by him and his few mates), then it sounds to me if it wasn't Aaron Pierre, somebody else would have eventually. It's called karma. Georgie boy should man up take his dues and stop whining like a bitch through social media and his mates. I kind of feel a bit sorry for this half wit, because going through social media, he is also being trialled by the very same platforms and he isn't coming out too well is he.

• Probably looking for compensation from the club and Pierre.

• In fairness to this lad, I've never really seen him before. There's a lot of others that have stood out massively for their ill behaviour.
    But you certainly are judged on the company you keep.

If I was this kid, i'd be a bit worried at all this getting back to an employer, or a potential employer.

• Looks like he has his employer on hie Twatter profile, which as I stated in an earlier post, trial by social media then damnation by it now. I can see a few unsavoury emails arriving at the doorstep of Wordpress next week. How does such a halfwit get a job as a journalist anyway, or do they just pick from the Jeremy Kyle holding pen these days?

• He doesn't work for Wordpress @EwanHoosaami, it's just a blogging platform for people who want to pretend to be a journalist but have never been paid for it so can't afford £10 for a domain name.