Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• I've been looking at the image of the alleged victim if he has been head butted his nose would be misshapen and there would be swelling under the eyes. there dosnt seem to be significant blood loss from the nostrils blood looks like it's been smeared on front and top of said nose.no blood on the top lip which would be consistent with a heavy blow from a head butt. Has this incident been reported to the police ?

• @braywanderer I tended to the same view. No blood beneath the nose. Just spread over the nose and on the finger.

• According to his twitter, this pleasant young man is a Chelsea fan, so no idea what he's doing at a Wycombe game.

• Picture looks to me like he got a nosebleed from picking his nose more than anything else.

• If this incident is false the idiot and his idiot cronies must be banned for life

• That's what comes from putting too much tomato sauce in your cheeseburger after you've had a skinful!

• @drcongo It also lists Wycombe and has a picture of the team at the top....

• @Tom You are clearly trying to be fairminded and I don't mean to harangue you, but this responsibility runs both ways. Fans of the club have a duty to be respectful to the players too. I met AP before the Carlisle match and he was extremely pleasant and good enough to spend five minutes talking to me. But then, I wasn't telling him he was a useless tosser.

• @Tom reading your posts, I think you must live in too perfect a world in your head. All this "represents the club" cobblers. I would argue Aaron has done that admirably over the years. At what point, in distance & or time does he no longer represent the club & represent himself? Having met both Aaron and spoke with many members of his family, it must have taken some provocation for him to react in the way claimed, if he did? I would imagine that he gets plenty of verbal & physical provocation every match. I'm with @drcongo on this, the idiot has probably got what he deserved by the comments of many who have an unpleasant experience of him, Play with the crows then expect to get shot at I say. Appears to be like a child that.you keep telling not to tease a dog, then cries when the said dog turns round and bites!

• My favourite thing about the original tweet, is that he waited until Pierre had left, smeared the blood around a bit with his fingers to try to make it look better, took a selfie, and then tweeted the words "Come on then" from a safe distance. What a man.

• The fan who was supposedly assaulted has said on Facebook that he has reported the incident to police. That should surely be easy enough to verify? If he has done, then I am inclined to believe him. However, there was no mention of police involved in the club statement.

• I'm perfectly willing to believe some sort of physical altercation took place. Where I differ from him is in my view that, if it did, he likely had it coming to him and should keep his mouth shut about it.

• edited April 2017

@tom is right though, whatever the provocation Pierre shouldn't be going round hitting people, and if he has done so is likely to be (and entirely reasonably) disciplined by the club. Of course, it is very possible that Pierre has done nothing at all.

A footballer (regardless of the role model argument which I agree is spurious) does represent their employer in a different way to most of us. People will know who they are and who employs them, so their actions do bring their employer into disrepute to a much greater extent to someone in a normal, low-profile job. It would be clearly unacceptable for WWFC to take no action if one of its players did assault a fan.

George Stokes seems thoroughly unpleasant, and I shed no tears for him.

• That guy was probably just upset because he has to go back to work in the morning stacking shelves somewhere

• Some of you have very blue tinted glasses on.

If Pierre did head butt this "fan" and the police to investigate - I suspect someone might get a cold again. It could well be seen as gbh and the authorities won't want the press of a player attacking a fan outside the ground.

• If ............................................................

• Indeed Mr Middle (don't want to be too familiar now do I?) - I was more referring to the people that have expressed the opinion that if he did it, the bloke deserved it.

• @Twizz said:
    The alleged victim and a group of his mates were certainly at the club about 6:20 making the allegation known to club officials. I witnessed them doing so.
    Very disappointing then that, having been assured by those officials there would be a full investigation, he chose to put the picture on Twitter and go public.
    WWFC fan he may claim to be, but his actions seem more like those of an attention seeker.

Not a true fan for me..Why would you go to the club demanding an investigation .This is a player we all love who has given us everything.What was that game when he was covered in blood and went off 3 times to be rebandged.

• If he's done this then he is a total idiot whatever the incitement. However this utter goon Stokes should be banned from WWFC and ostracised as he appears to be a nasty piece of vermin that we don't need at the club.

• @Chris - So you are saying that if a player retaliates against an abusive supporter he should be dealt with more severely than if say an employee in the club office does the identical thing. Very strange thinking?

• What an awful thread to wake up to.

I'm against violence in all its forms, yet my immediate instinct here is in support of AP given how calm and quiet I've found him in person and how disgusting some of the abuse handed out by these 'fans' can be.

If he has head butted the guy, then I'm afraid AP is on his way out, but the fan should also be ashamed of himself to end the Wycombe career of one of the our best players for the past decade or so.

• Interesting stuff. I could see this breaking the records for longest thread (and probably hot air generated). To add more hot air; if the assault did happen as claimed it should (as claimed) be reported to the police and investigated. The police should then take a view on whether there is enough evidence to press charges. I would imagine the club would then have to suspend Pierre (assuming it was him) pending the outcome of their investigations and any decision to prosecute.

What I don't know is whether it is possible for the claimant(?) to withdraw any complaint these days and effectively end the investigation or whether once reported the police are duty bound to investigate.

Regardless of this, if the event was proved to the satisfaction of the club, it is clear that some sanctions should be taken on Pierre as it should be unacceptable for anyone to respond to verbal provocation with violence. However dependent on the level of suspected provocation this could be limited to a fine (extreme) or suspension (minor).

As for the person allegedly assaulted who presumably verbally assaulted Pierre, he too should face sanctions from the club, probably proportionate to the extent of provocation.

If this does go further it will be interesting to see the player's union take on this. Hopefully they will insist on some form of action that would remove/reduce the amount of abuse their members have to put up with whilst going about their work.

(Hope there isn't a referee's union...)

• Just read through George Stokes profile on twatter. Quote, "I don't know why I persevere with Geordie Shore. The girls are SO irritating, same shit every episode". Think that states enough about the mentality of the bloke for me. I think he deserved what he allegedly got from Aaron just for watching more than one episode of that mind numbing pile of excrement for a TV show! If I could stomach the Jeremy Kyle show for long enough, I would fully expect this idiot, one day, to be in the shows' holding pen.

• This is so depressing, and to me a sad indication of the way society is going - that some lout (and his mates) think it is acceptable to tell someone they're shit at their job. Doing it whilst in the middle of a game is bad enough, but to do it when the guy is 'off duty', having supposedly popped down the road to draw some money out of a cash point is utterly outrageous. I've even seen someone mention somewhere that he should just accept it as a professional footballer because we pay his wages. Unbelievable...

I believe that Jamal Blackman's biggest fan @clifty04 has been claiming on Facebook that this altercation did actually happen. Is he part of this crew who think it's acceptable to shout abuse at players and generally act like complete tossers week in week out..? Would be interesting to hear his take on what actually happened if he was there and whether he thinks either parties actions were acceptable?

• I can see a beacon of light coming out of this alleged incident.
    Firstly im pretty sure Aaron would be moving up a league or two in the close season.
    But now maybe other potential clubs chasing Pierre's service, along with there solicitors maybe nervous about handing him a contract whilst this allegation hangs over him.
    In turn Wanderers big wigs, give Aaron 100% backing, whilst wafting that juicy new contract offer under his nose.
    Inturn Wanderers supporters give a player who has shed blood,sweat and tears for the cause, there overwhelming vocal support.
    As simply Aaron Pierre has been an absolute colossus over the past 4 seasons, and its time we showed how much we appreciate him.

• @mooneyman If @rmjlondon or one of his club shop colleagues were to assault a fan outside Tesco then a) no one would recognise them to connect them with WWFC and b) it wouldn't get plastered all over social media. WWFC would probably never find out, and if it did it wouldn't be the same situation as the employee wouldn't have brought the club into disrepute in the same way.

That might seem unfair, but that's life.

The other side of the coin is that the office staff are more replaceable than players, so the club might be more inclined to sack them than they would a player for the same behaviour. Which is also unfair.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Inturn Wanderers supporters give a player who has shed blood,sweat and tears for the cause, there overwhelming vocal support.
    As simply Aaron Pierre has been an absolute colossus over the past 4 seasons, and its time we showed how much we appreciate him.

Well said @ChasHarps . I also hope that any decent fan that sees this snivelling little tosser George Stokes gives him grief at the next game. Walk up to him and tell him he's a 'shit' supporter to his face. See how he likes it, the weasel.

• I don't want this Stokes near our club he can take his self publicity seeking shit and f*** right off.

• From a more psychological point of view this modern trend of basing so much opinion on so little actual fact is depressing in the extreme.

• Hardly modern @Right_in_the_Middle, it's a facet of human nature.