Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• @fedup1980 I'm with you. This whole "role model" rubbish is nonsense. One bloke insults another in public. Gets twatted. Learns to guard his mouth in future. Life moves on.

• @fedup1980, there is more than a whisper that he may have smeared it round the nose further to make it look worse.
    Add in the "come on then" "come back" type commentary, and initiating the whole thing with abuse, (not to mention the "out of it" dead eyes) and it doesn't look a particularly good day's work for that chap.

• In any situation, football or otherwise, if you react to verbal abuse with physical violence, you've committed the more serious offence, and you're likely to get pulled up for assault.

• @Right_in_the_Middle - Yes I too would love the club to drum somebody out who's missed about 10 league games in the last 4/5 season....
    Barry Richardson and Matt Bloomfield both said they're incredibly grateful of our support and want us to carry on coming. Bloomfield saying he recognises us all from almost every away game!

• More than a similarity to the recent Coventry fan attack allegation photo's and his lack at least a little convincing.

• @wyc1010 I think you're confusing people here justifying events with condoning them. Just a hunch, but I'm confident that everyone here would have advised AP to drive on last night rather than lower himself by reacting to abuse from morons. But when he didn't, it seems that people here, like me, have no sympathy for this Stokes bloke and take exception to his pious protestations and willingness to publicise an affair that should have stayed between him and AP.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    More than a similarity to the recent Coventry fan attack allegation photo's and his lack at least a little convincing.

You sound like you're in denial. It clearly took place.

• @clifty04 And when you told them about how rude the group you were with had been to their team-mate, did they also thank you for that?

• @HCblue It was admitted and advised that he was provoked...

• @clifty04 If your mate wants to shout foul abuse at a bloke that size (he's an off duty footballer not on club duty) he runs the risk of getting a ickle clip. To then go on Twitter and try and call the same bloke out before reporting it(?) tells me all I need to know about the protagonist. Embarrassing

• @clifty04 , thanks for the support, but less thanks for the rest of the package that seems to follow some of your group around perhaps?

• @clifty04 your abuse of Jamal Blackman and subsequent cyber bullying was not the act of a football supporter. It was an act designed to provoke and I still think you wish it had escalated further. Luckily Blackman is a good man. Aaron Pierre is a good man too. Supporters don't try to destroy them.

You've heard the phrase 'players only love you when they are playing'? Next you'll be telling me the cheerleaders were smiling at you last week. Bloomfield said something similar to me recently and I rarely go away so I don't have be anywhere near the moron's you seem to associate with.

• @clifty04 said:
    Right_in_the_Middle - Yes I too would love the club to drum somebody out who's missed about 10 league games in the last 4/5 season....

judging by your actions, you're talking about Pierre here and it's not sarcasm.

• @drcongo No, I'm reacting to somebody saying they hope that I (a supporter who's missed about 10 league games in the last 4/5 seasons) is drummed out of the club.

• @Username a little bit of smeared blood on a selfie with no evidence of a cut or bruising shows me a so called Wycombe fan is trying to destroy a fantastic and well respected Wycombe player. So something has happened. I just haven't heard anything to suggest it was anything like some are suggesting or even assuming. I don't believe Internet forums and social media that much.

• @clifty04 Out of interest, how far into your "all day sesh" were you when this happened yesterday?

• So because you / him have been to so many games that's acceptable?
    You and your groups "we are the most loyal supporters" attitude is complete bullshit and yet you continue to use this as justification EVERY time you get picked up for twattish behaviour.

• @clifty04 said:
    drcongo No, I'm reacting to somebody saying they hope that I (a supporter who's missed about 10 league games in the last 4/5 seasons) is drummed out of the club.

Crikey. The stupid is strong in this one. You don't see the hypocrisy of claiming this, while simultaneously trying to drum one of our hardest working players out of the club?

• @Right_in_the_Middle He's not a Wycombe fan, he's a Chelsea fan.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Username a little bit of smeared blood on a selfie with no evidence of a cut or bruising shows me a so called Wycombe fan is trying to destroy a fantastic and well respected Wycombe player. So something has happened. I just haven't heard anything to suggest it was anything like some are suggesting or even assuming. I don't believe Internet forums and social media that much.

Doesn't particularly matter whether it was a full on headbutt or not, if he headbutted him and made contact it's assault and he's played his last game for us

• Will be interesting to see what gets said if he decides to show his face at Barnet.

• @Username Bet your over the moon. You sound it!

• @drcongo said:
    Right_in_the_Middle He's not a Wycombe fan, he's a Chelsea fan.

Exactly, I hope these pseudo fans get banned soon; they aren't Wycombe fans and they are not welcome at Adams park. Wannabe football hooligans who would have no chance against a proper football "firm".

I'm just sorry that one of our best players has got caught up in their skulduggery

• "played his last game for Wycombe".

There. Corrected it for you, @Username .

• @M3G said:
    Username Bet your over the moon. You sound it!

Not at all, just saying it how it is.

Lucky it was a player who's out of contract at the end of year tbh.

If this was one of the "yoof" that are so hated on here who'd headbutted an away fan in retaliation for similar verbal abuse you would all be baying for him to be charged and banned forever.

• Thanks @clifty04 for what appears to be a reasonable eye-witness account of events. On the basis of this it would appear that AP has over-reacted and I'm sure that the law will deal with in a balanced and fair way.

Whether this makes him unfit to play for Wycombe again is another matter. Personally i wouldn't have a problem with it subject to suitable rehabilitation/apology although I agree it won't happen and he will leave at the end of his contract.

I am however interested in the view of your group of friends as to the effect of your actions on someone who has, until yesterday, been an exemplary professional and a credit to the club.

Given that there was at least some degree of provocation on 'your' side do you really want to see his career potentially end this way for one (admittedly stupid) mistake?

(I personally think the 'he's a fan who pays his wages' is a bit of a red herring. He was one person giving verbal abuse to another person who responded with physical abuse, that should be the criteria this is judged on).

• @Username And we'd be highly critical of the away fan who issued the verbal abuse too.

• Right, seeing as I've put myself right in the centre of all of this, I may as well comment just to clear a few things up and hopefully this'll just put an end to the situation that no one wanted to happen, let's be honest.

Firstly, from the second it happened I said I was in the wrong, I apologised to Barry/Matt/Damian/Michael for provoking him but there was no further comment than when he squared up to me, where I said 'I think you had a pretty awful game'. So I haven't once said I was in the right at all, because I'm not, but what I did/said is not punishable by law, which sadly with AP, his action was.
    Secondly, you're all right in saying it was a childish thing to do, childish actions and all the rest, but I don't think in any world that merits a headbutt. Not a particularly strong headbutt by all means, but still a headbutt. Definitely sends out the wrong message if I ignore it completely in my opinion.
    Thirdly, for those saying I was just looking for the attention or trying to get him hounded out, just ask yourself why would I? My initial reaction, mainly shock, was to take to twitter and tweet out my frustration. Again, probably the wrong thing to do but that's what I chose to do. In terms of me trying to get him out the club, again why? He's one of our best players, as everyone has eluded to, and a player that I've enjoy watching pretty much every time I'm at the games. Hope you can at least understand from my point of view that when something like that happens, it can't just go unnoticed. If I really wanted the attention, I'd have spoken to the two journalists who spent half the morning waiting outside my house!
    Lastly, the only thing I wanted out of it was to chat to Aaron, both apologise and leave it there, but I'm not being offered that option. I was recommended by Michael Davies to take the matter up with the police so they can get hold of CCTV footage. I did that and have subsequently removed the official complaint with the police, and have asked to just deal with it at the club. I don't want anymore negative comments surrounding the club.

I appreciate I've angered pretty much all of you with my actions, and that's fine, but I think some of the comments towards me on here and digging into my personal life is a little bit below the belt. I'll be at the game on Monday still if anyone does want to have a chat to me, get some things off their chest but I'm not here to argue, I've accepted I was in the wrong and the instigator by being stupid. I'm hoping they don't take any action against Aaron, as like you all, a fan, I want to see the best players play for Wycombe and he's certainly one of them.
    I hope this puts an end to the matter for now, but I understand if you still deem it necessary to hurl abuse at me too.
    Cheers

• @HCblue said:
    Username And we'd be highly critical of the away fan who issued the verbal abuse too.

Of course, but there'd be almost no sympathy for the "Wycombe thug" who retaliated.

• @username not me son. I'm old school. That's why I don't get the escalation. The stupid tweet. I would have taken it as a lesson learned or had my revenge on another day. Not cry about it when I initiated it. They aren't hated, they are weird supporters as that's what they don't do! I've seen his tweets never praise slagging swearing abuse at the club and players and manager. What's the point?