Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• The club had a duty to advise the wimp to report the alleged assault to the Police.

• @georgestokes13

"He's one of our best players, as everyone has eluded to, and a player that I've enjoy watching pretty much every time I'm at the games."

So you stuck your middle finger up at him as he drove past in his car?

What a tragedy that one way or another this incident will force Pierre out the club, whilst we're left with you until you get bored. A greater tragedy may be the effect that this incident has on other potential signings, who be less keen to join us once they hear the abuse you're subjected to for becoming "one of our best players".

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Last_Quarter said:
    georgestokes13

"He's one of our best players, as everyone has eluded to, and a player that I've enjoy watching pretty much every time I'm at the games."

So you stuck your middle finger up at him as he drove past in his car?

What a tragedy that one way or another this incident will force Pierre out the club, whilst we're left with you until you get bored. A greater tragedy may be the effect that this incident has on other potential signings, who be less keen to join us once they hear the abuse you're subjected to for becoming "one of our best players".

POTD

• @M3G said:
    What like just nothing has happened?

Yes storm in a teacup boys will be boys six of one that sort of thing cause if he continues with the complaint AP will be on his way but George won't no threat just advice but I'm old and I know what a shitstorm like this costs

• Surely as a wannabe hack, George should know the difference between "eluded" and alluded?

• He sure has a lot to learn - maybe 'The Ostrich' could take him under his wing?

• Just out of interest, did anyone here NOT think Cantona was a total hero for kicking that Palace fan?

• @drcongo said:
    He already does support another club. He's a Chelsea fan.

To be fair to him, lots of people support Wycombe and another team. For instance, I support Wycombe because I live here, but I also support Everton because my family are Scousers. I go to the game and stand with an Arsenal fan, Blackburn fan, Liverpool fan, and two Chelsea fans. We all support Wycombe and have season tickets, but follow our other teams too (for similar reasons to the one described above). Supporting two teams isn't a crime.

• @drcongo - I do tend agree with most of your comments but sorry mate but I am a little disappointed with your Chelsea fan comment - I know loads of very decent Chelsea supporters of whom were totally disgusted by the events on the you tube video in your post - this is again a nasty minority bringing shame on a football club, of which it appears every club has (even ours).

George - You wont know me from my posting identity but we do know each other, I am disappointed that the lad I knew a few years back of whom was in the same class as my daughter at primary school, a very gifted and intelligent bunch of children, and you were also especially good at football, my daughter is horrified at the situation that you have got yourself caught up in and she cannot believe it is the same George Stokes. It is commendable of you to hold your hands up and admit your part in this unfortunate incident - but please take a long hard look at the path you are currently on.

• Staying away from Barnet would be exactly the wrong thing to do...I personally would like to see Pierre in the team sheet and stokes in the crowd...put this to bed

• @wycombelad 100% with you on this.

• @drcongo - as I said - I do agree with most of your posts - Yes Cantona was a total hero that day - I was in America at the time and it made the news there !! does this make me a bad person ??

• Why would the instigator come on here and argue his case when there is an ongoing police investigation happening? oh the yewt of today, all bang and no buck

• @fedup1980 said:
    Why would the instigator come on here and argue his case when there is an ongoing police investigation happening? oh the yewt of today, all bang and no buck

He's already said he's withdrawn the police complaint

• do keep up @fedup1980 , the lad himself said he'd dropped that part of proceedings.

• sorry, the conversation was getting so tedious i must have missed all that info, still lets hope this gets resolved asap.

• Insider, I think you are kidding yourself if you think this will not go Nationwide. The BFP will surely pick up the story, and then it will be in the shop window for any of the National papers to pick up on.

• The real problem @georgestokes13 is that you're not telling the truth are you?

I put it to you lad,that the advice from the club was to keep things as calm as possible,allow them to make a full investigation,and arrange for you and AP to sit down next week with clear heads to see where you wanted to take things.

But you grassed to the police instead and big timed yourself on twitter saying you'll go to court and changing your story regularly about what you did to provoke AP didn't you?

Vast majority of us away and in the terrace are sick of you lot of inbetweener extras and your dishonesty and backflipping over the past 30 hours supports the suggestions of banning you for a year or two from matches.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Ceefax_Striker Definitely doesn't make you a bad person. I think all right-minded human beings that day we're on Cantona's side.

The reason I keep mentioning that he's a Chelsea fan not a Wycombe fan is that for the life of me I can't image a real Wycombe supporter giving Aaron Pierre abuse, outside the ground, immediately after he's just put in a good performance. That's the very opposite of "support". He clearly doesn't actually care about the club or its players.

• @marlowchair said:
    The real problem georgestokes13 is that you're not telling the truth are you?

I put it to you lad,that the advice from the club was to keep things as calm as possible,allow them to make a full investigation,and arrange for you and AP to sit down next week with clear heads to see where you wanted to take things.

But you grassed to the police instead and big timed yourself on twitter saying you'll go to court and changing your story regularly about what you did to provoke AP didn't you?

Vast majority of us away and in the terrace are sick of you lot of inbetweener extras and your dishonesty and backflipping over the past 30 hours supports the suggestions of banning you for a year or two from matches.

Some pretty huge assumptions there...

WWFC would have had a duty to tell him to report it to the police

And I've not seen him change his story once over the whole time since this came out...

• @drcongo I think you might be missing out the most interesting part of the Cantona story in relation to the sorry tale on this thread. I think many were shocked by Cantona's actions in the first instance when the fan in question said he'd merely shouted about it being an early bath for you or something like that. The hero and villain changed around pretty quickly when the truth came out. Think it might already be heading that way on this thread too.
    I hope the club gets the chance to treat Pierre fairly.

Aaron Pierre has just got my Player of the Season vote.

• Put it to bed now....

• @drcongo - Thanks for that - given the recent events I was starting to question myself !

I don't particularly like Chelsea as a club, but most of their fans are very decent people (well the ones I know are anyway !) and they always praise me for sticking with our lot !!

I can't disagree with your comments about George and his negative support for a player that has given his all for this club, its a shame that the disruptive contingent get all of the headlines, there is so much that is good about our club that is overlooked.

• @georgestokes13 you are a terrible cancer to the club which I love. You need eradicating.

• @georgestokes13 you've displayed a maturity that was massively lacking from your actions on Friday.
    Unfortunately Pandora's box is well and truly open now and after you escalated to social media and the club the situation went out of your control.
    I also think now that everything is public being 100% honest from the start about the provocation would have helped your cause. Suggesting that AP leapt from his car to commit ABH because you suggested quitely he was below par was less than credible.
    As for not going on Monday maybe some might consider it insensitive if you go and AP is not considered for selection. WDH and Muller as centre halves will send your keyboard warrior friends into overload.

• Righty - Yep AP has my vote - and did so before this unfortunate event.
    Big Red 87 - that would be wonderful - but I think this will run on for while yet.
    Dr Congo - is this the longest thread for both Gasroom's to date ?

• The reaction to this incident amongst people on this forum is quite unbelievable.

Regardless of what went before if AP is found to have assaulted someone he has to be punished. He was almost certain to be leaving the club in the summer anyway and I suspect that he's now played his last game for the club. That said, he's been a terrific players for this club and will undoubtedly be a big loss.

It's a sad note to end on for sure

• As if it wasn't hard enough watching some desperate stuff on the pitch, having to put up with a sad and pathetic episode from a 'supporter' goading one of our players into a reaction at a major road junction and then publicising it all over social media in a sensationalist manner really does take the biscuit.

I don't think anyone is pleased that Aaron reacted to the provocation (to what extent he did is unknown beyond witness statements from the individual who goaded Aaron and the instigator's mates), though it's extremely sad that it was someone who claims to support our club who's gone out of their way to provoke one of our players into such an act.

The individual and their circle of mates need to have a good long look at themselves.

Aaron Pierre has almost certainly played his last game for WWFC, and what a sad way for one of the best central defenders we've ever had to leave us.