Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• That's a fucking travesty.

• Paul Hayes on the bench for Newport today.

• I’m slightly surprised that there has been nothing on here about how well the Eze/Scowen partnership worked on Saturday. Not well enough judging by the result.
    Someone told me a couple of weeks ago that he’d heard that QPR wanted him back for the Cup game but would release him again afterwards. Where to though?

• It was Scowen's mistake that led to the Franchise's goal, but other than that have no idea how they did overall.

I'd heard the same about Eze - fingers crossed!

• edited January 2018

Not looking good for our chances of getting him back if the manager means anything like what he says here: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/eze-returns-from-wycombe-loan-spell/

• Doesn't look good does it? Still for all the criticisms of Gareth Ainsworth, fair and otherwise, one thing I do have absolute faith in is his ability to bring in a quality replacement.

• I've no doubt Ainsworth will do some excellent business in the transfer window to help us push to the wire for promotion.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ah well, c’est la vie. But I agree about GA’s talent/hard work when it comes to identifying good young players and persuading them and their clubs that they should spend time at Adams Park.

• @micra it bodes well that clubs can see us as a finishing school for young talent. My slight concern about the loss of Bazza might have weakened the overall coaching team, even if he was a ‘keeper. I hope we can boost that side of things too.

• QPR have recalled Ingram from Northampton.

• @micra @Jonny_King As Eze played for QPR on Saturday, if he were to be loaned out again this season (by end of Jan) then the only option would be back to WW due to league rules.

Unless he went overseas...

• Cheers Phil. Hands off Barca!

• Cheers Phil. And congrats on the Mirror byline! Daryl Horgan was one of the standout players (along with Josh Harrop) and I was interested to see that his last club was Dundalk, my wife’s home town.

• Barca have announced that Coutinho is injured and will be out for three weeks @Jonny_King. I imagine Eze is at Luton Airport as I type...

Cheers @micra. I was just helping out our very own Ian Baker as I'm not really a writer (radio is so much easier!) but all good experience. Pleased to report that Horgan was a top bloke and has worked with Steve Guppy when he has been in the EIRE squad.

• Pierre out til April and probably the end of the season. Puts to bed any fantasy of signing him on loan etc

• Until next season...

• Reece Styche has scored 6 in 6 since joining Darlington and also did this...

• Reece Styche!
    That was a bizarre signing wasn't it. Didn't we take him on loan from a non league team, and funnily enough didn't look like scoring.

Did a lot of moaning at linesmen though if I remember correctly

• Cracking first goal for Bournemouth from Jordon Ibe. Had a shaky start last season but has been making his mark recently.

• @micra said:
    Cracking first goal for Bournemouth from Jordon Ibe. Had a shaky start last season but has been making his mark recently.

Singled out by Danny Murphy as their key player today - he looked sharp, pleased he's getting a consistent run in the team. That goal will be a monkey off his back hopefully...

• Do you work for H+M , Mr Grawlix?

• Russell Martin to Rangers on loan. A firm favourite of mine and a player who has carved a great career since leaving us.

• He has the Russell Martin Academy in Sussex of course. Sergio Torres is one of his coaches. They’ve always been great friends.

• Alfie scores against Liverpool

• Alfie Mawson scores for Swansea against Liverpool to make it 1-0.

• Alfie man of the match

• Alex Lynch released by Chester, apparently due to their financial situation rather than his performances. Fans online seem sad to see him go.

• He doesn't seem to have much luck.

• He really doesn't does he? Hope he finds a new club at a similar level. Crazy that he's still only 22, seems an age ago that he was in goal for us at Wembley.