Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Chris Zebroski has scored a hat-trick for Eastleigh against Hartlepool this afternoon.

• Max K scoring round here for Hampton and Richmond vs Chelmsford City

• Good on him, I'm really pleased for him. Seemed to blow a little hot and cold for us but I was always a fan.

• How about Alfie's clearance for Swansea today. He could easily have been 09'd too

• Holloway scored for Oldham

• @braywanderer said:
    Holloway scored for Oldham

Two goals in 21 league games, hardly prolofic!

• Where's Blackman Sheffield United's keeper got sent off and bought another one on?

• He's injured and was at Wycombe yesterday to watch.

• Not sure but he got injured around about November time. He may still be out for that reason.

• @Malone said:
    Reece Styche!
    That was a bizarre signing wasn't it. Didn't we take him on loan from a non league team, and funnily enough didn't look like scoring.

Did a lot of moaning at linesmen though if I remember correctly

From Forest Green, hit a screener against the bar in his second game , could have been v different had that gone in. A Gibraltar international let’s not forget!!

• Jamal Blackman has a muscular problem caused in training and is back with Chelsea getting treatment

• Probably should mention that Josh Scowen scored his first goal for QPR yesterday

• Alex Jakubiak scored in his first start for Scottish second tier Falkirk a couple of days after scoring off the bench. Which perhaps says something about the standard of the Scotttish second tier.

• Jakubiak is one of those players who could play international football for three countries, namely England, Scotland or Poland.

• But won’t play for any (at a senior level).

• @Chris said:
    But won’t play for any (at a senior level).

Probably right, but who would have said that Ikechi Anya would get 29 international caps for Scotland when he left Adams Park?

• Appalling player for us. Summed his whole time when he ducked a header in his final appearance.

Anya showed promise and his story of application and commitment is a lesson to a lot of young players faced with a career fork.

• Alfie Mawson’s knee locked (ouch) in the pre-match warm-up at Hillsboro. Wearing a brace on his right knee and on crutches. He will be sorely (sorry) missed.

• Didn't Swansea bring a key with them!

• Dayle Southwell has scored for Guiseley.

• Cameron Dawson had an impressive clean sheet against the Swans.

• Was he the guy dangled before us and then cruelly snatched away (so to speak)

• Scott Donnelly scored again for Hayes & Yeading, at Cambridge City yesterday, that’s a goal in each of the last three games, seven for the season. He’s still only 30, a talented player who should be playing at a higher level than Step 4.

Bruno Andrade scored a brace for Boreham Wood against Gateshead, 17 for the season now. The signing of Morgan Ferrier from the Daggers shows that Wood are really pushing for promotion to the EFL, currently in sixth place. Former Chairboys Keiran Murtagh and Angelo Balanta are there, as is Jamie Turley, on loan from Newport and now married to Corina Francis, former Head of Commercial sales here.

Max Kretzschmar scored two poacher style goals for Hampton & Richmond in the 3-3 draw at Chippenham. That’s 19 for the season, 13 in the last 19 games.

Dayle Southwell scored from a narrow angle for bottom placed Guiseley against Maidenhead, not quite as spectacular as his first goal for the club, a free kick at Dover:

• @Steve_Peart Thanks for this. Do you know if Kretch is playing in midfield or as a striker for H&R? Glad to see he's doing well and like Donnelly should be playing at a higher level, although he has age on his side I suppose.

• @Jonny_King, I don't know for sure, he wears the no. 10 shirt and I think he plays as the playmaker behind the strikers. He was pushed well up for his two goals. In that match Andy Sandell scored a pen for Chippenham, he has 53 goals in 87 League appearances since rejoining them in 2015, according to Wiki.

Will De Havilland made his debut for Maidstone yesterday, as a 90th minute sub in the 1-0 home defeat to Barrow.

• Thanks @Steve_Peart. Seems like Sandell finally got his wish of playing up front then. Really glad to see Max doing well and hope to one day see him back in the Football League.

• 44 year old Scott McGleish made what was billed as his 1000th competitive appearance tonight, as centre back for Chesham United in their 1-0 Berks & Bucks Quarter Final win at Didcot Town.

• Centre back ! Crikey.