Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Didn't push for a transfer when Newcastle were relegated in 2009 and Chelsea were allegedly interested. Had that have happened, perhaps he would have played for England. Wonder if he regrets that now and the loyalty he showed - hardly reciprocated a few months later when Carroll broke his jaw.

Perhaps a tale worth recalling when players get slated for "lack of loyalty".

• @perfidious_albion , in the scheme of things, very good going. For that lad's potential, not by any means amazing. That's a mere 3 seasons or so of action.

• Charles Dunne played in the scottish league cup final today for Motherwell.

• Lewis Montrose on the telly box right now for AFC Fylde against Wigan.

• Just been announced that Glyn Creaser has left his post of manager at Aylesbury United. Gaz should get him in as a defence coach.

• You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen the shocking defending on show when they lost 6-1 at home on Saturday.

• Did we know that Jonny Dixon now works in television, and has directed episodes of Come Dine With Me and was involved in the production of Love Island?

• No, we didn’t @Chris. (The Royal we.)

• Did we not like that? What? That Jamal Blackman has lost his place in goal for Sheffield United.

• @mirca Yes, but probably deserved, I saw some of goals he let in recently and maybe our fans would be questioning him on those as well.

• I can think of one who would.

• Matt Ingram injured at Northampton so missed their thrashing at the hands of Oldham yesterday. Pierre dropped as well. Yo yo Northampton

• Pierre is likely to end up next season back in the second division. Still I suppose he has the comfort of a much larger wage.

• Pierre will be back close to the chairboys busom by Jan 2nd. Some players and clubs are just made for each other.
    He needs us, we need him.

• How many on here would take him back? I know i would.

• Let's hope everyone can welcome him back with open arms if that happens Chas. I certainly wouldn't object.

• Wouldn’t mess with that chap outside Tesco, lightweight or not.

• Fascinating stuff. I pursued it a little further and was intrigued to see from an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) website that Aaron (is it really “our” Aaron) was due to fight Ben Stokes (could that possibly be our cricketing hero?) in June last year but the bout was cancelled. I also discovered that there is a well regarded MMA centre in Hatters Lane.

• I'm quite surprised he is allowed to compete? If I was Northampton, I'm not sure I'd be willing to let a contracted player get choked, kicked and punched on his days off.

• He’s not had a fight since he left Wycombe.

• It's not that Aaron Pierre.

• Although an Aaron Pierre v Ben Stokes fight might be interesting.

• It’d all end in tears.

• Probably slightly more even than Aaron Pierre v George Stokes.

• Chris is right, its definitely not our Aaron Pierre:

• Maybe a bout against the ghost of Doris Stokes !!

• edited December 2017

@Chris said:
    Although an Aaron Pierre v Ben Stokes fight might be interesting.

Probably be a bit more tomato sauce on show.

• Nothing to see here it would all be over social media very quickly if it was true....