Skip to content

Bizarre transfer rumors thread

Comments

• @franatki said:

yes because Alsopp has never made mistakes has he lol and has certainly not played at the level Stockdale has.

don't forget Stockdale has been in the full England squad twice in his career.

@micra said:
    But is nonsense.

That's frankly, a rather pointless comparison. He's far removed from the player he was when he was in the England squad. No one is suggesting that Rocky is better than Stocks at his peak. But Stocks is not at his peak, while Rocky was fantastic last season. He's more than earned his spot as first choice in The Championship.

• wonder why Stockdale is being played in these games if we have no intention of signing him.

• @franatki said:

yes because Alsopp has never made mistakes has he lol and has certainly not played at the level Stockdale has.

@micra said:
    But is nonsense.

He has, but he's made as many mistakes today and in his game or two last season, than Allsop did all season.

• Ive no idea, doubt we are paying anybody that

• @franatki said:
    Ive no idea, doubt we are paying anybody that

We may well have been paying that top end last year - so certainly will be this year

• @Malone said:

@franatki said:

We may well have been paying that top end last year - so certainly will be this year

We were paying about 1.5k top end according to the Close Quarters book.

• edited August 2020

@JohnBoy said:

@Malone said:

@franatki said:

We were paying about 1.5k top end according to the Close Quarters book.

I think we'd have done incredibly well to bring in Fred, Wheeler and others on that wage! Would be surprised if we didn't have players on that in league 2.

Unless we've very heavily weighted bonuses.

I heavily doubt we'd reveal info like that to a guy to publish.

• so yeh expect double this season I would think and that's low when u consider Lyle Taylor is on 45,000 a week at Nottm Forest but I think this was due to not having to pay a fee.

• So it’s just a flying visit from @franatki.
    Or is the red banned banner an error, doc?

• @franatki said:
    so yeh expect double this season I would think and that's low when u consider Lyle Taylor is on 45,000 a week at Nottm Forest but I think this was due to not having to pay a fee.

When are we signing Ruth?

• To be fair, with regard to the discussion about who should be between the sticks, in his previous incarnation @franatki also knew a lot about signing goalkeepers.

• @micra said:
    So it’s just a flying visit from @franatki.

Nah, he's banned again. Gave himself away with his very first post which ended with a space followed by two question marks. Nobody else is that bad at punctuation.

• @franatki said:

@micra said:
    But is nonsense.

?? So has Joe Hart and look at him now!

• @drcongo said:

@micra said:
    So it’s just a flying visit from @franatki.

Nah, he's banned again. Gave himself away with his very first post which ended with a space followed by two question marks. Nobody else is that bad at punctuation.

Between his few accounts, has he ever been dopey enough to sign up with a real name?

Won't ask for it, but i could guess at the initials by PM if not on here...

• He needs to alter his writing 'style', use some capitals and punctuation and avoid lol in the middle of a sentence when he joins up next time. You would think he would try not to get caught in ten posts before really getting the chance to start insulting the club. :wink:

• Just for a change, I wish a WUM would sign up with Shakesperian tendencies....

"If my delation 'gainst the club and the knaves therein prove testy to some, so that they fancy to emboss me, I shall o'er wrought, and pall my words much as they particoat those quartered warriors."

• @Shev said:
    Just for a change, I wish a WUM would sign up with Shakesperian tendencies....

"If my delation 'gainst the club and the knaves therein prove testy to some, so that they fancy to emboss me, I shall o'er wrought, and pall my words much as they particoat those quartered warriors."

Trolling isn't just the Richie style of abusing all and sundry, it's also intentionally taking threads to different topics, or purposely taking the "other" view.

• @Shev great stuff!

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:

Trolling isn't just the Richie style of abusing all and sundry, it's also intentionally taking threads to different topics, or purposely taking the "other" view.

No it isn't.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Shev said:

No it isn't.

Alright Wen-dev-erman ;)

• Have we actually signed Stockdale? Haven’t seen anything official. Certainly would have preferred us to have signed Blackman on loan again. Unfortunately he has gone to Rotherham. Stockdale looks to have had too easy and well paid last couple of years and seems to have lost his edge and desire.

• @Shev said:

Alright Russel Brand! ?

• Regarding Danny Loader, I think he is signed for Porto’s B team as opposed to their main squad.

• Messi. Cressex. Anybody???

• Jason McCarthy put on his Instagram story a picture of him, Alex Samuel and a young West Ham United defender called Ben Johnson. He looked impressive today. Also, I noticed he is followed by Jason and Alex on Instagram too. Potential loan singing?

• Would come in handy as a backup RB for Grimmer dependent of where McCarthy plays?

• @thedieharder said:
    Would come in handy as a backup RB for Grimmer dependent of where McCarthy plays?

Surely we don't need another right back. Financially 2 is enough. Left back that can kick with the left foot would be more urgent.

• I think he’d be the first Wycombe player born in the 2000s.

• Would be good for @Shev to make up Ben Jo(h)nson quotes