Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• see Luton have just signed Josh McQuoid on a 3 year contact....will score goals for fun at this level...srewed but i think expensive signing (wages)

• You could say the same about Thompson.

• All this leads nowhere. The manager will be trying to put together a team on a limited budget and has shown before that he is quite good at it.It. All the conjecture and advice here will not make a bit of difference.

• @wingnut , Yea spot on, GA had a tremendous season 2014/15 hopefully we can compete again an reach 55 points, which I will hazard a guess Howard has asked for again this campaign? compete being the operative word.

• the 5 year plan called for 55 points last season, play offs this season, so we are ahead of target, here is to Gaz & his team continuing to deliver

• looking forward to seeing our starting line up for York, for me still 3 names short....

• 2 very good signings

• Wow didn't see that coming.

• A few of us on this forum mentioned Banton and Rowe many a time on here, very glad we scooped them. Says alot about speculation lol.

• Two good signings. Rowe we know is quality, and Banton completes an impressive looking forward line up.

I think we could do with two more central midfielders.

• Does this news of Banton joining us put to bed any rumors of Joel Grant putting pen to paper for the blues ?

• I'd have thought so.

• edited June 2015

To update the list previously posted:

First team
    1) Ingram
    2) JJ
    3) Pierre
    4) GAP NEED TO BE FILLED - Danny Rowe
    5) Sido
    6) GAP NEED TO BE FILLED
    7) Wood
    8) GAP NEEDS TO BE FILLED
    9) Hayes
    10) Holloway
    11) Thompson

Squad
    12) Lynch
    13) Sellers
    14) Bean
    15) Blooms
    16) DEFENDER - NEEDS TO BE FILLED - Anthony Stewart
    17) WINGER - NEEDS TO BE FILLED - Jason Banton
    18) STRIKER - NEEDS TO BE FILLED - Hogan Ephraim?
    19) Kretzchmar

• In our 4-3-3 formation would Banton be in the midfield three or front three

• You have Stewart on the bench ?

• Depending on how Danny and Aaron gel, and whether Banton's work rate will stand the tracking back, how about Chris's 6 - 7 - 8 being Banton Bean Wood. We'd have some scary moments but we'd terrify most opposing defences. Would prefer Nico or Sam to Bean if GA can pull it off though.

• And Banton ? I think you may find they have been signed for the first 11

• Well i have to admit coming home this afternoon to see who we.ve signed i feel much better for our chances of a decent season as i was getting worried with the lack of players coming in, all we need now is a couple of good loan players and i'll be happy.

• Preseason games, clean slate and fight for your right for that shirt. So I wouldn't be surprised that we play a few combinations in those ganes as no doubt they want expect to be pigeonholed in their preferred position. Look at Hayes are main threat upfront and often assisted in midfield.

• Well my first choice centre backs would be Rowe and Pierre, so yes I'd have Stewart on the bench. It's all up for grabs with the front three though.

• Who will be the first to be Murphed off as they ain't getting any game time? So quick tip bust a gut and shine in them preseason games guys.

• Feeling good about this formation
    Gk: Ingram
    Rb: sido
    Cb: Stewart
    Cb: Pierre
    Lb: JJ
    Cdm: Rowe
    Lm: Wood
    Rm: Banton
    Cam: Hayes
    St: Holloway
    St: Thompson

Bit of a 4-4-2 diamond

• @leo030500 said:
    Feeling good about this formation
    Gk: Ingram
    Rb: sido
    Cb: Stewart
    Cb: Pierre
    Lb: JJ
    Cdm: Rowe
    Lm: Wood
    Rm: Banton
    Cam: Hayes
    St: Holloway
    St: Thompson

Bit of a 4-4-2 diamond

Me likey... I don't think your far off with that lineup.

Plus there's the option to push Hayes to make 3 upfront. Wonder if we the 4/3/3 will be the main stay setup we'll play, we will soon see.

• Two great new additions today, although some twat on the Facebook group still managed to have a moan about Rowe signing. To quote him - "what a fucking letdown"....

Will be interesting to see how they slot in. My guess is that Rowe will fill the rather large Scowen/Yennaris sized hole in midfield, and will be able to provide cover for Stewart & Pierre with Bean or Bloomfield able to stand in for him.

But Banton? I believe he is right footed but prefers to play on the left, so would that be in a straight 4-4-2 (in which case where does Wood go), or in a front 3 - in which case who drops out of Hayes, Holloway &
    Thompson? So maybe an impact player from the bench?

If we can just sign a player in the mould of Sam Saunders (of course Saunders himself would be perfect) then I think we've got a real team to be feared.

Exciting times!

• And people moan about the so-called negativity on the Gasroom. I'm delighted that Rowe is back.

• @Chris said:
    And people moan about the so-called negativity on the Gasroom. I'm delighted that Rowe is back.

Rowe is top draw, considering he had to warm the bench most of the time and still put in good performances for his 19 year old when called apon, hence the 3 years contract, expect alot more from Danny.

As for FB please, "just say no".

• i agree i think Rowe is a very good signing and i wish him well .... for the season

• Maybe Banton's ex-teammate and High Wycombe born Dominic Blizzard will fill the Sam Saunders gap. Although I'd much rather have Saunders!

• Blizzard would be a liability due to being very injury prone and having other health problems.

• Was anyone else surprised when Stewart Lewis left for the conference south??