Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• its not Mawson

• with the news of incoming young defender,,,,that means Mawson wont be coming back.....expeceted really

• Anthony Stewart is back!!!

• I'm absolutely thrilled about that

• good signing, wonder how all the fans will take to that....

• @bill_stickers None of the Wembley money has been spent on a new pitch.

• Fantastic signing.

• Pleased all round for the player and for the club. Welcome home

• let's just hope his attitude has changed, a good player but not sure what to make of this and he'll have a tough job getting the fans on his side after forcing a move away.

• We don't know the details of what happened with his transfer but it's clear it didn't work out how he intended. The fact he's back says a lot and hopefully he will have learnt from the experience.

• He was badly advised. I don't see why that should be held against him. Clearly neither he nor the club bear any ill will towards each other. He's back in the quarters and deserves our full support.

• Think it's a good signing - we all know what he is capable of. Maybe a bit worrying that he couldn't force his way into what must have been a fairly poor Crewe team, but hopefully this fresh start will give him the kick start he needs.

I'm not sure he'll have that much trouble getting the fans behind him - I doubt that the majority will have been aware of the fuss that he kicked up trying to get his move away.

• Did we get a fee for him from Crewe?

• imo very good signing.....still think we need at least 2-3 more...

• Updated! couple more additons to the MF then we have a strong starting 11

1) Ingram
    2) JJ
    3) Pierre
    4) Stewart
    5) Sido
    6) GAP NEED TO BE FILLED
    7) Wood
    8) GAP NEEDS TO BE FILLED
    9) Hayes
    10) Holloway
    11) Thomsons

Subs
    12) Lynch
    13) Sellers
    14) Bean
    15) Blooms
    16) DEFENDER - NEEDS TO BE FILLED
    17) Ephrain (if signs) otherwise WINGER - NEEDS TO BE FILLED
    18) STRIKER - NEEDS TO BE FILLED
    19) Kretz

• You've got too many subs.

• i think we need 19 players as this would only leave 2 out of squad....

• Mawson arrived unproven the day before the season started last year - almost an 'emergency loan', so lets not panic. Got a feeling Sellers could turn out to be this seasons surprise package.

• Anthony Stewart returns, tbfh he has the tools and a more than happy.

• Blimey, didn't see that one coming. He's a good defender though. Not as good as Mawson, but then not many are.

• @Chris, nice to get a chance to see, who "DA MAN", as I believe Pierre and Stewart will become an awesome pairing, so I will hold judgement until a few games into the campaign.

Stewart was carrying alot on his chest (Agent/Clubs and stuff) and I bet your cotton socks, he will want to show us his magic and repay the fans with solid performances and a few goals.

• How did you get on in GCSE maths!

Your squad size is probably about right, some permanent, some loans. Would imagine the "first team" will change around along with formations over the season.

• I'd love to see Mawson sign, and be deployed as a defensive midfielder in front of Pierre and Stewart. Not sure we'd ship 10 goals all season.

• At least Stewart won't have Morgan whispering in his ear this time.

• I did suggest this a few weeks back after seeing he was released. I think (hope) Stewart and Pierre will make an excellent pairing this season. Stewart was a good footballer, obviously badly advised, but had he not gone off we would not have seen Mawson. Agree with Bill as well...Alfie as a defensive midfielder would be suitably awesone.

• With Scowen and Murphy departing and Nico and Saunders returning to BFC last year we are down to Blooms, Bean and Kretzschmar....
    Central Midfield needs strengthening

• Agreed that out midfield looks light of creativity ...does everyone expect us to make more signings before players return to pre season for the middle of next week?

• One would certainly hope so !

• 9 WEEKS TILL END OFF AUGUST.

• Yes but we want squad to integrate as early as possible...yes I know about mawson but that does not happen ofter