Skip to content

New signings

Comments

• edited July 2015

yes, can't believe anyone at that level would want to employ him, the season before his consistently woeful performances almost took the whole club in that direction

• Bit harsh. Always a tried his best, was a bit limited though.

• A total hothead who lost his temper too quickly, even in the testimonial for Blooms made an awful tackle on a Chelsea youngster that would have seen him sent off in a league match.

• Sent off once in over 100 games for us wasn't he? Not the most talented guy, but a hard worker who had some great games in a Wycombe shirt. Including his last one.

Sure, he had a poor season in 2013-14, but he's not the only one.

• edited July 2015

Until 'leo030500' post I had forgotten how angry Lewis could make me. The good run we had in the autumn of 2013 (that actually saved our league place in retrospect) was when Lewis was suspended following the foul (more gbh than football) at Wimbledon. That Gaz stood by Lewis that season as his choice of captain almost cost him his career as a manager. That Lewis had to go into the programme towards the end of the season acknowledging that he was not delivering. That he kept some really creative mid-field players out of the team. That I stood next to a talented injured young centre-half (now at Wolves) who openly expressed he couldn't believe how negative his play was. And I haven't even begun to talk about his ball control / vision / distribution...
    This season, whenever the ball bounces over Beano's head, I'm just going to stay calm and remember at least he isn't Stuart Lewis.

• He always tried his best, but his best wasn't good enough.

• He could break up attacking play, occasionally the oppositions.

• I would like to see us in for Dustin Brown. Crowd pleaser if ever there was one, but would probably get as much stick as Guppy & Currie put together.

• But we've got Marcus!

• Dustin wins the hair stakes over Mr Bean!

• Doesn't he just!

• Any thought to why Banton was offered just the one year deal?

• I guess he's already had quite a few clubs for a relatively young player, so perhaps he comes with a bit of 'baggage'? That said, several were at a higher level who then loaned him out, so perhaps it's just a case of him finding his level.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Maybe he only wanted a year. Has moved about plenty, also probably sees himself at a higher level eventually, as, to be honest does Gaz.

Expect there is a extention clause for 1st dibs somewhere in Banton's contract agreement.

• Banton was an outstanding success in the 13/14 season on loan at Plymouth but not as a permanent player where he was regarded as a bit of a show pony. This move to WWFC is likely to be definitive for his future career. if he can really knuckle down and work to produce it every week, by all accounts he is better than Lg2. If however he cannot make himself do that, this may well be his last FL contract. Bit of a gamble from GA, with potentially high rewards if it works - if not well its only a one year contract so not too much lost.

• Pato will be a club legend in no time

• Interesting nickname. Is that pronounced 'pay toe' or patto? Need to know for chanting purposes! Despite my advanced years, I'm still very vocal.

• @niebieski - thanks, makes sense.

• Any news on Hogan, surely there is a deadline so GA can look for alternative midfielder who can also be creative, score a few goals and forceful in the tackle areas?

• @Ciderk1d He posted this on twitter the other day

That was the hardest run of the lot so far....it's always worth it pic.twitter.com/kkyfvj4jOR

— Hogan Ephraim (@HoganEphraim) July 1, 2015

• @BSE, Hogan didn't say goodbye?

• BSEBSE
    edited July 2015

not that I've seen, but Bean also tweeted

"not gonna lie im gonna miss your banter"

so doubt we will see Hogan in a Wycombe shirt any time soon

• I'm not bothered if he doesn't sign, he only woke up when we reached the play offs and i'm sure GA will replace him with someone on loan who will be more consistant than Ephraim.

• I'm guessing he's training with Toronto with a view to them possibly offering him a contract, and that we might be his back-up option if they don't.

• If that's the case we should tell him to f*ck off! We've started pre season training trying to get a team together for the coming campaign so why should we be held to ransom by a player who isn't as good as he thinks he is?

• edited July 2015

The same thing happened last year, didn't it? He trained with us in pre-season, and then when he couldn't get a contract anywhere else he signed with us in the autumn.

• The photo that he posted was put on prior to the start of pre-season training. He has previously made no secret of his love of Toronto and had just returned from a trip there. He is entitled to run around in whatever shirt he pleases. I very much doubt if he would chose to go on a run wearing a WWFC shirt when he was on his own time.
    For all we know the contract we have offered him is sh1t and he thinks he can get a better one. He is taking a huge risk of course as an injury would see him unemployed and without an income. Like so many players out there at the moment.
    Its the way it is. If I signs I would be delighted. If he doesn't then I really hope he makes the most of his talent with someone else.

• He could at least have worn the Oxford and Cambridge blue shirt of Toronto Argonauts. But I agree, he is entitled to shop around for a deal.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    The photo that he posted was put on prior to the start of pre-season training. He has previously made no secret of his love of Toronto and had just returned from a trip there. He is entitled to run around in whatever shirt he pleases. I very much doubt if he would chose to go on a run wearing a WWFC shirt when he was on his own time.
    For all we know the contract we have offered him is sh1t and he thinks he can get a better one. He is taking a huge risk of course as an injury would see him unemployed and without an income. Like so many players out there at the moment.
    Its the way it is. If I signs I would be delighted. If he doesn't then I really hope he makes the most of his talent with someone else.

More than likely the offer is based on what WW think he is worth. Play exceptional well and either another Club come in for you or you renegotiate for a new improved contract. If not put in a transfer request. All in all Hogan needed to add much much more than he gave us.

Good luck in his adventures but I think we would do better with a young keen and upcoming Villa professional who needs game time. In fact two Villa players, so they got someone they know and can kick back after training/games.