Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

12345679»

Comments

• I would imagine Matt Bloomfield would have a bit of empathy for both players having gone the best past of two seasons where he barely played himself. He then followed this with arguably his best years in a Wycombe shirt under Gareth Ainsworth.

But obviously at some stage tough decisions have to be made. If we were to lose Josh Scowen in the summer I couldn’t think of a better replacement than Curtis Thompson. He was outstanding in our season in the Championship and I was surprised that a club at that level didn’t come in for him when we were relegated. To replace one Championship quality player with another would be an extraordinary luxury for this club. Let’s hope it’s something he can overcome (and that Josh stays anyway!) .

You have to feel desperately sorry for Dominic Gape too. It’s only a matter of months ago that he scored that wonder goal at Barnsley. Fingers crossed as he’s got so much to offer.

• Thompson seems in a bit of no man's land. Was thrust into a start away at Plymouth, when Gareth tried his rotate the whole squad trial, and then has barely had a look in since. You can't imagine he's not getting on the bench ahead of the development lot, so must be picking up bits and pieces.

You might wonder if it's a style of play thing, but Scowen has if anything a more physical style, is older and turns out a lot more.

• How are Posh still hot on our heels? We dispatched them with ease, twice! Bit of a gap opening up now. Imagine if we went the whole season without injured players.

We have consistently/permanently lost not only our best players, but arguably two of the best players in League 1 and we are still up there! Incredible really. Plus the first 4 or 5 games without a senior GK.

Scowen

Taf

Obita

Willis

Gape

Thompson

Mawson

Mehmeti

Forino

• There was a little surprise at how "weak" our bench was midweek on the thread.

But Scowen, Thompson, Gape, Taf, Willis and Obita is a considerable out list.

You can only imagine what we'd have done in that season after Torquay, where we basically relied on a 14/15 man squad in total, with 2 or 3 absolute filler at best bench options.

• Being ITK I can tell you all that we will play Ipswich in the playoff final and win 2-1

• If this happens you may need to be parked alongside GA, Blooms and Bayo in the eventual statue outside AP. Or have one of them holding a mouse to symbolize your online presence.