Skip to content

Next seasons kits

Comments

• I bought my 6 year old son a wycombe shirt this season, and it had the club badge printed on the shirt, not the proper cotton/embroidered one. Is that just for the junior shirts or standard on for all kits? A proper badge is essential in my opinion, I associate printed badges with those knock off kits you get in markets when your on holiday.

• it varies with the O’Neills kits, but more of them have a printed badge than a woven badge.

I have the most recent home replica plus the last promotion home replica (large swan on the front) and both those have woven badges.

But a lot of the change kits appear to have printed badges only, eg red & white quarters, “tomato soup” kit (Chesterfield away promotion kit), all goalie kits.

• Also, why is the home shirt still £47.00?? Why didn't they do a sale before Wembley to generate some extra income? Or is supply a problem with O'Neills?

• The Couhigs don't do discounts

• Which makes sense most of the time, but I’d buy one now if they were a half or even a third off. I can’t be the only one.

• For my 6yo daughter the kit was £68.50 and they only had the pink goalkeeper one available.

Bit of an unfair comparison but you can buy 2 of this seasons Everton kits for £25

I find the clubshop very expensive.

• My understanding is the inventory from O’Neil has to be purchased at a unit price that makes deep discount unviable. Better for the club to have low stock than have to discount later at a loss.

• Re the Toffs WWFC Harrington, would be cool to have them with the new Gasroom2 quarters logo stitched inside - for match day knowing identification 😎

• But we all know it will be @thecatwwfc when we see one at AP ...

• That Harrington looks pretty special TBH. Think my "veranda" may make me look a bit daft though!

• Interestingly though I know quite a few people who went to Wembley and paid full price for the kit for the family to feel more part of it as they don’t normally go. They probably don’t realise the kit is about to change but shows some people will pay still. I’d say fans who really wanted full value from the shirt have had 2 yrs to purchase it.

I get the new shirt as soon as it’s available to get best value, especially as you can wear a lot in the summer. Pretty gutted if true that it’s O’Neills, I honestly think they quality of the kit is shit, the best thing is that they are named after St. Martin!

• I'd love that - probably fans of a certain age. They'd have to get the colours right though, PROPER light blue. Same goes for the quartered shirts.

• I first read that that as New Season kilts...so once I had cleaned me glasses and read the posts the thread was a little disappointing.

• Turn that "Toffs" jacket inside out and tie the sleeves around your waist, et voilà... your very own Wycombe Wanderers kilt.

• edited June 2022
  • POTD👍 And of course turn round touch the toes for the full commando Scott’s vista.

• Stoke City have gone back to 1975, for their classic change strip.

Time to bring our pale yellow shirt, with huge blues numbers back.

• edited June 2022

Saw that, can't go wrong with a sash! Perfect apart from the sponsor - although they're offering their home shirt sponsor-less

• Let’s just go back to 1975, I’ve ordered my stuff

• There are sashes, and then there's...

• edited June 2022

We used to call these trousers ‘high waisters’. The key was, ‘How many buttons at the waist band?’ Three button high waisters being a typical purchase. The chap in the middle may be sporting the rarely seen ‘four button’ version!

• By the way, @MorrisItal_ wins 'picture of the year' by such a colossal margin, there's not even a vote (it's the caption wot won it...!)

• https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/status/1542102763051663361?t=ETLW-WvSvQAsI-MsMbQ9PQ&s=19

• Training kit is being unveiled on Friday, with our kit for the season being released later in July.

• Shock horror. Oneills let us down again. “Later in July” = a few days before the beginning of the season

• I’m not the target market so I’m not really THAT bothered. But I’d have to say this seems like an un-Couhig type affair. The kit launch surely has to be better handled than this to maximise sales.

• They're rather hamstrung by the club charter, which says we can only change home kit every two seasons - most brand will want one every year.

• But Brentford getting a big brand (Umbro) to agree to a two-year cycle shows it's not impossible

• I like the two year cycle, as it makes shirts feel like they belong to eras rather than blink-and-you-miss them.

• I think this was also introduced to bring the cost of supporting your club down.

With shirt prices ranging from £25 - £75 paying that every 2 years can be more justifiable than everyone year.