Skip to content

Next seasons kits

Comments

• The ancient Greeks had no word for blue

and they knew a thing or two

• Hope that isn’t being too elitist @eric_plant

• I think we should up the ante and go for more of a chequerboard design. That way we could be more inclusive of the marginalised shades of light and dark blue by having each square a different shade.

• Apologies if it's already been said, but do we actually have a release date for the new kits ?

• It has to be the quarters, that's what Wanderers are known and recognised for! I have to admit that I really liked the kit which had the logo on the main shirt design.

• Has to be quarters for me also, I do like the old light blue tops kits, but the quarters as said makes us stand out and people recognise us instantly for it, I must say though I do like the white shorts with the quarters !

• We should basically have this kit for evermore, including the badge:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Wycombe_Wanderers/images/wycombe_wanderers_1957-b.gif

• Hoping there's a collar on the new shirt. Shirts with collars >

• I’m going to be highly controversial. I’m not keen on white shorts. Not sure why, but it might date back to the late ‘forties when Maidstone were playing Bromley. It was a very wet day and the Bromley players’ shorts became semi-translucent and clinging. I have a vague recollection of being shocked by what I saw. But I think it’s more a case of familiarity. I prefer the complete ensemble to be blue. White with the red and white quarters. Definitely.

• Maidstone wore black shorts.

• We wore white shorts at Alty in 91, when finally we got to Wembley for the first time in 34 years. So it's a thumbs up from me. It also makes the quarters stand out more.

• Adding to that we wore white shorts for 57 years, but we haven't worn them for 56 years !!

So surely time to bring back the white shorts ? Don't let the full kit w**k**s who sup real/warm ale, and have to wear dark shorts, hold us hostage any longer.

• Love a pint of real warm 🍺

• I can't imagine there's much crossover between full kit wankers and ale drinkers tbf

• Quarters on borrowed time. Ditch the quarters group gathering real steam now from what I’ve heard.

• Ed_Ed_
    edited May 2022

I would like to see an Oxford/Cambridge zebra pattern to produce a dazzle effect on opposition players as Hanlan bears down on them at speed. Has the potential for off-putting threads been explored outside of keeper garb? I reckon it is time to right that wrong.

• Do you still wear change shorts and socks if there is a clash? I thought we may have worn light blue shorts against Sunderland.

Change shorts should be white this year. All white away kit please.

• Darker dark blue, Hummel chevrons, job done.

• Anyone know anything about why we dropped the quarters in 1966/67 (halfway through the season if the chart is to be believed).

was there any public debate/furore about it?

i was just into my first year watching Wycombe so must have seen the change but if I’m honest have no recollection of it.

(I’m also with @ChasHarps in quite liking the idea of us reverting to the 70s style kits. Even if he is deluded enough to drink tasteless cold fizz and think it’s beer)

• Quarters and white shorts please. Good things happen in this combination.

• Also they would be a bitch to clean / stay white for all those younger members of our fan base that wear them and get them covered in mud! (Altho if they did, it would have been proof that they'd had a good game!)

• Must admit I don't know @bookertease, gap in research, but the switchover to single coloured shirt appears to have happened for the Corinthian Casuals match on 31 December 1966. This was days after manager Barry Darvill resigned, because the Club Committee wanted to make changes to his team selection. He stayed on after agreement was reached to review the situation at the end of the season.

• Per that historical kits website:

"In the late 1960s, Wycombe followed the trend for ditching traditional colors, considered old fashioned at the time..."

Was it part of the general 1960s revolution, middle finger to tradition, etc.?

• Not when it rains they don’t (cf my earlier post and comment by @Otter87 - not to be confused, as can easily be done - with @thecatwwfc).

• There’s very few clubs that can be identified just by the colours/pattern of the home shirt and we are one of them so respectfully it’s quarters for me .

• Replacement change kit for me should be white with a light & dark blue "sash" across it, white shorts and light & dark blue socks. Easy.

• Light and dark blue socks @EwanHoosaami ?. One of each perhaps? Not keen on striped socks.

• Was thinking of dark blue socks with a light blue "top/cuff" tbh @micra