Skip to content

Next seasons kits

Comments

• edited May 2022

Yeah, quality isn't brilliant but decent designs. Hard to get a properly bespoke design out of the 'big' brands apparently. Hoping for an absolutely outrageous new away kit!

• One of the reasons we're a bit limited with manufacturers - and I'd forgotten about this - is the big hitters generally want to put a kit out every year, which goes against the club charter as it stands

• I don't know why they don't put out a decent range of retro kits. There's obviously an appetite for this stuff

• I like the O'Neills shirts, and own several of them.

And I know with the bigger brands, they can indeed be even less flexible in terms of their designs - for some I've seen with bigger brands, the badge can sometimes be literally the only distinguishing feature, especially if the club has one of the classic mostly blue, or mostly red, with white bits kind of colour scheme.

But I think every single O'Neills kit has had the same basic design in terms of the neck/sleeves etc - previous kit manufacturers used to offer a bit more variation in terms of the actual underlying shirt design (as opposed to the printing on top of it).

Not the most burning issue in the world, but still.

• @PBo That's true. I don't know if that's just their football template as it's not their main sport, but it would be nice to see them mix it up this time. Collar 🤞

• My issue with O’Neills is stock availability. I don’t know how we’re breaking records with online sales as there’s barely anything available to buy, unless you are size S or XXXL.

Adults Travel has had no products online since Xmas and Adults Leisure only has an out of stock Beast Mode hoodie being peddled.

The sheer lack of product for sale has been the biggest surprise of the Couhig era for me. I thought there would be an explosion of the stuff. I’ve a mate who’s a Gillingham supporter and his young lad’s got all sorts of club branded stuff - school bag, duvet cover, pencils, rulers etc.

• I don't know if it's partly because it's always available via O'Neills directly (as it's made to order)

• I think O’Neills have done a decent job with the Sutton shirts for next season.

https://twitter.com/suttonunited/status/1529169187343589378?s=21&t=1pKOjd5L1XVZTCHhlO2VXA

Not a fan of the shorts but the shirts look decent design wise.

• I didn’t know that. As such, perhaps they should just link straight through to the O’Neills store.

• I quite like the template to be honest! Unless we get proper collars, there’s not much I would change about the template.

• I hope those Sutton kits aren't a sign of things to come with ours either. Stripes quarters and not thick stripes like the 2016-2018 home shirt!

• Bumped into Pete Couhig in town earlier - that's the only reason I know we're sticking with O'Neills - and he said Adidas is the dream, but it sounds like they wouldn't do a bespoke kit for us (Accrington are the only lower league team I can think of with Adidas kits and they're generic) and that we'd have to order close to a year in advance

• Who are these bunch of herberts!

• I really like the O’Neills shirts, especially the one with the swan.

• Think I will support them in the World Cup later this year now they are wearing that kit......oh no, I can't

• I'm seeing them at Wembley on Wednesday, so maybe I'll see a blue quarters team win there after all...

• I like O'Neills - they tend to keep it fresh. The greatest shame about the last two kits is that the sponsors were the wrong way round - the Swan kit would have looked better with the Dreams logo, while the current, more conservative kit would benefit from that splash of cherry red in the middle.

• @ReturnToSenda How about starting that chant of “You’re just a shit Wycombe Wanderers”...?

• Interesting idea this. I suppose three challenges I can think of 1) cannibalising the sales of ‘new’ shirts each season 2) Need to work with the same manufacturer or get a licence to use their logo (I suspect Vandanel no longer exist/make shirts, for example 3) Same deal with the sponsor, although I’m sure we could do that with Verco.

You could reproduce near replicas without any branding I guess but I’m not sure it really works. England do them with without the Umbro logo on newly manufactured ‘retro’ shirts

• Had a team ever thought of going 'skins'?

• There's always these. I used to have a quartered Toffs one, quality was excellent.

• yeah, I've got both the Toffs ones - they're really good

There are so many great kits in our history though, I'm sure they'd sell well

• This is a beauty from Toffs, yet to see anyone wearing one at Adam's Park or in the town.

• Wow! Very tempted...

• The Harrington is £45 best price on line, pretty good value by replica kit standards

• I saw a couple of Toffs "Middlesborough" shirts at Wembley. One of our strongest from the "all light blue" era. Bit of a crossover with a few Sunderland fans wearing their light blue away kit from four or five years back

• I've ordered this the other day. Can't wait to wear it